Patriots/NFL 2024 Playoffs Part 2: Pats have 3rd pick. Mayo new HC. Where does Belichick land? Bill O'Brien to leave Patriots for Ohio State OC job

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Does no one else think it's a big deal BOB is leaving?
I think it confirms the rumors that Bill didn't let BOB bring in any of his guys or coach the way he wanted to. Whatever the deal was, seems he wants no part of the Pats. Gotta think it was as dysfunctional as the reports made it out to be, imo.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I’m not buying at all

Who’s the source
Felger & Mazz mentioned the source I’ll have to play it back. I wouldn’t say it sounds far fetched.

I assumed O’Brien was gone because of the circus atmosphere here & also due to his failure to improve the offense. It actually regressed from where Patricia had it. It’s fair to assume him not being able to bring in his own staffers played a huge role in that regression. But I assumed he wanted to get away from the stench of Foxboro for those 2 reasons.

Last edited:

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
But what's he gonna get at his age coming off that injury? We'll see. Even then, 35m a year seems like a steal these days for good QB play. I actually think signing Cousins AND drafting a QB could work. It's time for the Krafts to spend.

Hopefully he goes with Bill.
Yes hope so

O’Brien to Ohio State and gotta think McDaniels to Atlanta

Everyone in the patriots organization was hired by Belichick logic would think there is going to be massive overhaul
Felger & Mazz mentioned the source I’ll have to play it back. I wouldn’t say it sounds far fetched.

I assumed O’Brien was gone because of the circus atmosphere here & also due to his failure to improve the offense. It actually regressed from where Patricia had it. It’s fair to assume him not being able to bring in his own staffers played a huge role in that regression. But I assumed he wanted to get away from the stench of Foxboro for those 2 reasons.
I enjoy Felger & Mazz at times but they are such shitsturbers

there are dozens maybe a hundred of Patriots employees are being let go who are Belichick guys so we are going to get the Kraft narrative

I don’t believe it unless havs a specific name and actual quote

also Belichick brought OBrien back and it was set up way before specifically to work with Mac

Felger spent an entire summer saying Bergeron (36) and Krejci (35) were 40 years old

He’s f’n around

Call it BS on Mac trade

Reactions: Alicat

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Yes hope so

O’Brien to Ohio State and gotta think McDaniels to Atlanta

Everyone in the patriots organization was hired by Belichick logic would think there is going to be massive overhaul

I enjoy Felger & Mazz at times but they are such shitsturbers

there are dozens maybe a hundred of Patriots employees are being let go who are Belichick guys so we are going to get the Kraft narrative

I don’t believe it unless havs a specific name and actual quote

also Belichick brought OBrien back and it was set up way before specifically to work with Mac

Felger spent an entire summer saying Bergeron (36) and Krejci (35) were 40 years old

He’s f’n around

Call it BS on Mac trade
All I could find:

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Agree. I’m reading articles that are speculating Fields value at a 2nd or 3rd round pick. The Pats at 34 is maybe overpayment. Maybe their early 3rd (68) and another late round pick. I prefer Fields over Mayfield. Mayfield going to get PAID this offseason. Tampa most likely retaining him.
Yes that would be good a 3rd and maybe a 6th and add a player, maybe they want Parker or Smith-Schuster, but I would hang onto to our 2nd , unless part of a deal to get another 1st rd pick.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
ownership cleary are believers in Mac and Bill was not

Yeah I'm really not liking the recent trend with ownership here. Seems like the past couple years Bill had his hands tied in the trade/FA market. I wonder how many of the bigger names we're all pissed he didn't sign were because ownership said no to the player or the money? There's certainly enough smoke there on that, even back to the Jimmy G trade.

It's never a good thing when ownership starts inserting themselves into football ops. Part of what made the run here possible is Kraft's willingness to sign the checks, get his weekly camera shot in the owner's box and spend his time on ownership committees.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
LOL at the Patriots announcing they won't retain Onwenu. Ya, why bother trying to bring back one of your few capable linemen.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
LOL at the Patriots announcing they won't retain Onwenu. Ya, why bother trying to bring back one of your few capable linemen.
He’s going to get PAID. Not sure what his salary expectations are, and it’ll it would make sense here to a team with no QB or offensive weapons.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
He’s going to get PAID. Not sure what his salary expectations are, and it’ll it would make sense here to a team with no QB or offensive weapons.
He shouldn't even hit the market. Franchise tag him and get more time to negotiate an extension and if you can't then you still have a year to figure it out.

If they can't agree an extension and then they don't tag him, then Kraft should be getting everything Sox ownership are getting right now for being cheap. The tag on Onwenu would be 9.4 million more in real cash spending for next season than if they use it on Henry and 4.5 million if they used it on Dugger. Of the three tag candidates, Onwenu is the easily the most important to keep around and the real cash spending is the only reason he isn't a Patriot next season.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
ownership cleary are believers in Mac and Bill was not
Baker didn't fare well in Carolina and Mac has a ton of devoted followers here who would have gone insane if we did that. It would have been the right move but also would have been extremely unpopular.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Baker didn't fare well in Carolina and Mac has a ton of devoted followers here who would have gone insane if we did that. It would have been the right move but also would have been extremely unpopular.
Baker didn't fare well in Cleveland either. He got some eyes on his resurgence with the Rams, and he's done very well with the Bucs. Almost as if having a good o-line and weapons helps a QB. Who knew?

If Baker came here this year, he would of looked like what he did in Cleveland with their bad o-line and weapons. And we'd hear BAKER SUCKS chants too.

Going to Tampa he looks like he did in college. I'm happy for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad