Patriots/NFL 2024 Playoffs Part 2: Pats have 3rd pick. Mayo new HC. Where does Belichick land? Bill O'Brien to leave Patriots for Ohio State OC job

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
i was there. Basically no one sat down for the entire game. Also, if you remember Indy hadn't punted in the playoffs before that game. First time the punter comes out (in the end zone where we were sitting), my friend screams "Snap it over his head!"

f***ing amazing.

I was in attendance as well. Great time, that place was electric. Gillette crowd gets crap for not being loud, but they are when it's needed.

Reactions: EverettMike

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I don't think any rookie QB will be ready to start for us next year, nor should be prepared to do that. Unlike Stroud in Houston, we got nothing. No weapons on offense. A shit o-line. We need to level up those positions first and that means adding a dynamic, a f***ing DYNAMIC WR for our future. I don't touch a QB I'm the top 3. You draft MHJ period. Then a QB I'm the latter rounds. Sign a vet. Take this year to bolster the offense. That should be the path and plan.

I’m not opposed to that plan but give me some names.

So are we talking Penix Jr, McCarthy, Nix at 34?

Vet signing: Brisett? Cousins will have better options than Pats, and he’s too expensive/ I’m not a fan of his game. Jimmy G? Gross. Minshew stinks. Trade for Fields? Wilson? Not much out there for QB bridge options.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I've been pretty adamant about not taking a QB is the top 3. I will say though if MHJ is gone and Maye is there at #3, if you don't get a kings ransom for the pick, you take Maye at #3. Then look to get a guy like Keon Coleman or Xaiver Legette even if it means packaging #34 to move up into the late 1st.

Reactions: bbfan419

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I've been pretty adamant about not taking a QB is the top 3. I will say though if MHJ is gone and Maye is there at #3, if you don't get a kings ransom for the pick, you take Maye at #3. Then look to get a guy like Keon Coleman or Xaiver Legette even if it means packaging #34 to move up into the late 1st.
Oddly enough if the Pats pass on Daniels at 3, I see him falling to Atlanta at 8. IF Daniels hits his alleged ceiling of Stroud/ Hurts/ Mahomes the patriots will have handed Belichick a cornerstone player. Although hard to see Bill passing on Alt/ Fashanu there

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

This was pretty much done before end of season - the production taking place now

Chicago: Caleb Williams
Washington: Drake Maye
New England: ………

Hard to pass on Harrison Jr there. Assuming they take Jayden Daniels at 3, is he ready to start next season? If not, who starts? If he IS ready to start, who does the team add at WR? Calvin Ridley?
Some very bright analysts and QBs are very high on Daniels

Reactions: Oates2Neely

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

Vet signing: Brisett? Cousins will have better options than Pats, and he’s too expensive/ I’m not a fan of his game. Jimmy G? Gross. Minshew stinks. Trade for Fields? Wilson? Not much out there for QB bridge options.
The plan I would think is QB at 3 and Brissett as backup

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

I wouldn't mind McCarthy. I think he's got something special about him. Sit a few years like Love and develop. Penix...his injury history concerns me. Depends on who is the on board. Cousins is an option until that drafted rookie QB is ready. But that should be the plan.

I'm not touching any top 3 QBs just because of the history and how it just doesn't work. I'm filling out my weapons first before QB.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

I wouldn't mind Nix at #33

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Oddly enough if the Pats pass on Daniels at 3, I see him falling to Atlanta at 8. IF Daniels hits his alleged ceiling of Stroud/ Hurts/ Mahomes the patriots will have handed Belichick a cornerstone player. Although hard to see Bill passing on Alt/ Fashanu there

If Daniels is there at #6 when the NYG pick, I could see them grabbing him

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020

If Onwenu is on another team, Kraft has no more excuses after letting Bill let Brady walk then kicking Belichick out himself. You franchise him and work out an extension, if a 26 year old stud offensive lineman can't get paid to stay then who will they pay?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

If Onwenu is on another team, Kraft has no more excuses after letting Bill let Brady walk then kicking Belichick out himself. You franchise him and work out an extension, if a 26 year old stud offensive lineman can't get paid to stay then who will they pay?

Can we get a legit source on this?

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston

This offense needs more good players, not less. Get a GM. You've had this succession plan in place for a year, you've had time to figure some of this out.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007

Here is another example of a team not seriously implementing the Rooney Rule. There isn't a person on earth who thinks David Shaw will get this job. Just a completely random interview.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
The plan I would think is QB at 3 and Brissett as backup
I’m assuming you meant to say Brissett starting, Daniels as backup…?

Not much excitement for next season in that scenario. I’m torn on Daniels vs MHJ at 3. An electric WR would be entertaining.

#3 MHJ
#34 traded to Chicago for Justin Fields
Sign Calvin Ridley

Will they win? Idk. Will they be fun to watch? :popcorn:

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Ngl I can’t understand being so opposed to drafting Daniels but wanting to sign Cousins. Dudes an absolute loser player who has played for nothing but loser franchises.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Ngl I can’t understand being so opposed to drafting Daniels but wanting to sign Cousins. Dudes an absolute loser player who has played for nothing but loser franchises.
His chemistry with Justin Jefferson was elite.

If you draft MHJ, you can try to replicate that, while whatever rookie you draft in the later rounds develops for a few years. This rebuild won't be instant

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Podcast with Field Yates and Mel Kiper, Jr. in which they both agree that the Patriots need to take whatever QB is left at #3 between Caleb Williams, Drake Maye, and Jayden Daniels.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Podcast with Field Yates and Mel Kiper, Jr. in which they both agree that the Patriots need to take whatever QB is left at #3 between Caleb Williams, Drake Maye, and Jayden Daniels.

They can both agree, but I disagree. Williams and his insane ego is going #1. I'm not touching the other 2 QBs. You must go get Harrison Jr. It would be a failure to pick a QB in the top 3 knowing the history and how it's rare that a top 3 QB succeeds. Go for talent on offense first. Then work your way to a QB. That's the only way this rebuild will succeed.

Stroud is succeeding because the places add needs were filled BEFORE he was drafted. We have none of that here.

Last edited:

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
They can both agree, but I disagree. Williams and his insane ego is going #1. I'm not touching the other 2 QBs. You must go get Harrison Jr. It would be a failure to pick a QB in the top 3 knowing the history and how it's rare that a top 3 QB succeeds. Go for talent on offense first. Then work your way to a QB. That's the only way this rebuild will succeed.

Stroud is succeeding because the places abd needs were filled BEFORE he was drafted. We have none of that here.
Fair enough.

How do you get a Super Bowl caliber QB, then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad