Patriots/NFL 2024 Playoffs Part 2: Pats have 3rd pick. Mayo new HC. Where does Belichick land? Bill O'Brien to leave Patriots for Ohio State OC job

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Chad Ryland will be in the Pats Ring of Honor for his contributions towards obtaining HOF QB Jayden Daniels and then being a money kicker years 2-20 of his career

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
When you have the chance to fire your underachieving coach, go out and sign the greatest head coach in league history or another great coach like Harbaugh. You can't take it, you just can't!

Mike McCarthy has been coaching 17 seasons. Coached Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers and Dak Prescott and has 1 super bowl and a .500 playoff record. Guess Belichick is off to Atlanta then as it doesn't seem like the Eagles job will be open either.

Reactions: Gordoff and sarge88

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Before the Indy game he was speculating that Indy could be BBs last game as pats HC. Once that didn’t happen he changed tune.
No. This did not happen. Tom Curran's report was that a decision was made after Germany game that Bill would not return next year as coach.

McCarthy returning to Dallas.

No fun.
This is peak Jerry Jones. This is what he does. Too loyal to Jason Garrett and now too loyal to McCarthy. Bill will end up in Atlanta.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Well, gotta hope Mayo is all he is said to be as a coach, leader and person to take over the Pats coaching group. That intro went a bit sideways a few time with:

Kraft showing the age and shooting from the hip on this move not knowing how to backstop the front office as a whole. Just came across as unprepared, and oblivious that he and the overall front office have expectations. I don't think he is going to like having to bear the criticism if this goes sideways as he just wants the good side of things and to deflect on everyone else (my read).

Mayo making the coaching gig a DEI / Race / Generational achievement without having a clear view on the makeup of the playing style and identity. No doubt he's a good guy and a leader but man he "missed the tackle" there on many occasions emphasising things that are "part" of a culture, but not the entirety of it.

Overall, Mayo's the new hoodie guy so rooting for him and the team to make a bit step forward. Not convinced but let's see with the offseason and the training camp decisions. I don't think Kraft has a whole lot longer to go and the fact this succession plan was half assed it does bear questioning if his own with JK and the other family people is at all prepared. Tough to run family businesses and recruit from within the gene pool and maintain success over time.... Not excited about that next gene pool ownership wave as they all seem to be primadonna jackasses but it's their money (or should I say their mothers' family money that was loaned so RK could do some shady LBO stuff).
You couldn't be more wrong but clutch those pearls a little tighter and get ready to be more uncomfortable.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
No. This did not happen. Tom Curran's report was that a decision was made after Germany game that Bill would not return next year as coach.

That was his report AFTER the colts game. Remind me again what he was saying BEFORE the colts game.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Mayo clarified his comments further with Steve Burton

WBZ-TV sports director Steve Burton asked Mayo about his comments regarding race during a one-on-one interview following the press conference.

"I understand where Robert was coming from. I think it's important," Mayo said. "I think [Kraft] was talking about in the building and in football, but I was talking about in the world. Raising my kids, having those discussions around the table, those are great discussions to have. I am fortunate enough to be raising four Black kids and making sure they are aware and treat everyone fairly. Not treat everyone the same, but fairly. I thought that was something that needed to be said."

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
In our next thread: Kraft family power rankings

Well Robert's automatically Number 1 because he saved the team from oblivion and will forever be hailed as the savior of the New England Patriots.

Belichick must have said no

Bill really wants that full roster control again and there's no way in hell Jerry boy is going to give him that. Those are two egos that go together like oil and water. It would be Jerry and Jimmie Johnson all over again but much more volatile. It would've been fun to see it play out, but I'm not surprised it didn't happen.

Reactions: Gordoff

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Maye and MHJ are the only two I'd take. Daniels is horrible. And don't trust Williams's attitude at all. If MHJ and Maye are off the board, I trade down a few spots and grab Fashanu.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Well, gotta hope Mayo is all he is said to be as a coach, leader and person to take over the Pats coaching group. That intro went a bit sideways a few time with:

Kraft showing the age and shooting from the hip on this move not knowing how to backstop the front office as a whole. Just came across as unprepared, and oblivious that he and the overall front office have expectations. I don't think he is going to like having to bear the criticism if this goes sideways as he just wants the good side of things and to deflect on everyone else (my read).

Mayo making the coaching gig a DEI / Race / Generational achievement without having a clear view on the makeup of the playing style and identity. No doubt he's a good guy and a leader but man he "missed the tackle" there on many occasions emphasising things that are "part" of a culture, but not the entirety of it.

Overall, Mayo's the new hoodie guy so rooting for him and the team to make a bit step forward. Not convinced but let's see with the offseason and the training camp decisions. I don't think Kraft has a whole lot longer to go and the fact this succession plan was half assed it does bear questioning if his own with JK and the other family people is at all prepared. Tough to run family businesses and recruit from within the gene pool and maintain success over time.... Not excited about that next gene pool ownership wave as they all seem to be primadonna jackasses but it's their money (or should I say their mothers' family money that was loaned so RK could do some shady LBO stuff).
1705578361070.png

Reactions: Alicat

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
I’d go Harrison at 3 and a left tackle like Patrick Paul or Jordan Morgan at 34. They can fill 2 massive holes right there. Find a veteran QB in free agency and maybe draft a Michael Pratt in round 3 or 4. That’s the way I’d go. But hey what do I know I’m not the senior advisor to the head coach.

Reactions: Bocephus86

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Love Mayo as a player and person - he was very impressive yesterday

Couldn’t be happier - especially the comment about what to do with third pick

We are renewing tickets something were leaning away from

Let’s all check back next Year and see how played out

I’d go Harrison at 3 and a left tackle like Patrick Paul or Jordan Morgan at 34. They can fill 2 massive holes right there. Find a veteran QB in free agency and maybe draft a Michael Pratt in round 3 or 4. That’s the way I’d go. But hey what do I know I’m not the senior advisor to the head coach.
Love the thinking

If Daniels there gotta do it - I’m on board

Reactions: Bocephus86 and CDJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad