Patriots/NFL 2024 Playoffs Part 2: Pats have 3rd pick. Mayo new HC. Where does Belichick land? Bill O'Brien to leave Patriots for Ohio State OC job

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
just too much backstabbing the last fews years within pats org to trust much. Miss the days when they were a team and preached team
So I do think today was a little weird in that shots were taken at Bill and even current players. Some subtle some not so subtle. But specifically to Bill, I don't think there was a need to try and revisit everything that went wrong or was done poorly.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Tom E Curran doesn’t even know what’s going on. He had countless incorrect takes as well this year.

He also said Belichick would be fired in Germany and then a few weeks ago said the pats would try to trade Belichick.

He had 50 different takes so not hard for one of them to finally hit.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
It was running the Patriots like they do their paper company. With love and a sense of family!

I will allow for the possibility here that they are simply letting the current staff work thru the draft (that is common) and will then look to add someone from the outside. We'll see. I will also allow for the fact Mayo could end up making good outside hires for his coaching staff.

I don't think Robert Kraft is a good speaker. It's corny and not very direct in answering questions. A lot of story telling. Hopefully behind the scenes the organization is a little more ruthless. Maybe that's Jonathan and why they didn't want him up there today.

Oh man I don't think that's even close. Jonathan Kraft 100 out of 100. I say that because it appears Jonathan led the charge to replace Bill which was absolutely needed. I don't get the sense Charlie has that in him. To me he just lets Cam and Don do everything. Now, maybe I'm wrong and that the only reason Charlie doesn't do anything is because he hasn't had to interject himself to address a floundering organization.

He did in 2006.

The old man charged Charlie with bringing in new management after they kicked Sinden to the curb.

Peter Chiarelli.

The results speak for themselves.

Unless the Bruins somehow crater, Charlie will not be involved in hockey decisions.

That might change when Mr. Burns hits the exit.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
He also said Belichick would be fired in Germany and then a few weeks ago said the pats would try to trade Belichick.

He had 50 different takes so not hard for one of them to finally hit.
He did not say Belichick would be fired IN Germany. He said that a decision had been made to fire him after the season. Everyone speculated about whether the Pats could get compensation for him instead of simply firing him. Either way they were moving on.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
So I do think today was a little weird in that shots were taken at Bill and even current players. Some subtle some not so subtle. But specifically to Bill, I don't think there was a need to try and revisit everything that went wrong or was done poorly.
Very awkward press conference. Mayo seems like a good guy but he was trying to hard to seem the polar opposite of Bill. Hope he settles in soon. Between the potshots at Bill, talk of squats, gardening, racism, the entire press conference seemed rushed and awkward.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Especially when they had unprecedented success with Bill and they could have fired him at any point had they chosen to do so.

I think Mayo taking shots at his own players was interesting.

I think Bob feels like just moving on from Bill will make things right again, but I’m not so sure about that.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Very awkward press conference. Mayo seems like a good guy but he was trying to hard to seem the polar opposite of Bill. Hope he settles in soon. Between the potshots at Bill, talk of squats, gardening, racism, the entire press conference seemed rushed and awkward.

that and they didn’t have a lot of answers about how things would work going forward. You had this succession plan in place for a year and that’s all you had?

Reactions: Oates2Neely

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
He did in 2006.

The old man charged Charlie with bringing in new management after they kicked Sinden to the curb.

Peter Chiarelli.

The results speak for themselves.

Unless the Bruins somehow crater, Charlie will not be involved in hockey decisions.

That might change when Mr. Burns hits the exit.

I fear that Charlie boy is no different to Montgomery Burns and Smithers up in the owner's box.

It's why, even though he's a hot head Harvardite, I have more faith in Jonathan Kraft to right things with the Patriots than Charlie Jacobs with the Bruins.

Reactions: GordonHowe

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Yeah, me too. I think he's far more capable of being a good owner than Charlie, but I also think Jonathan's floor is lower because of his temper.

He's certainly more volatile because of his anger and his ego. It's why I hope the old man holds on for just a bit longer so that Jonathan can get some sense drilled into his head. That said...even with that taken into account, I am a lot more confident with Jonathan Kraft at the helm than the other possibilities. Especially given how a team like the Colts is ran by someone like Jim Irsay.

Reactions: EverettMike

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I fear that Charlie boy is no different to Montgomery Burns and Smithers up in the owner's box.

It's why, even though he's a hot head Harvardite, I have more faith in Jonathan Kraft to right things with the Patriots than Charlie Jacobs with the Bruins.

I think Charlie is different than his father. Remember, he went to BC. He knows what people think of the old man.

I think he cares.

I also think Jonathan Kraft is a shithead.

A bathetic fool from "Succession."

Reactions: smithformeragent

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
He did not say Belichick would be fired IN Germany. He said that a decision had been made to fire him after the season. Everyone speculated about whether the Pats could get compensation for him instead of simply firing him. Either way they were moving on.

Before the Indy game he was speculating that Indy could be BBs last game as pats HC. Once that didn’t happen he changed tune.

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
Well, gotta hope Mayo is all he is said to be as a coach, leader and person to take over the Pats coaching group. That intro went a bit sideways a few time with:

Kraft showing the age and shooting from the hip on this move not knowing how to backstop the front office as a whole. Just came across as unprepared, and oblivious that he and the overall front office have expectations. I don't think he is going to like having to bear the criticism if this goes sideways as he just wants the good side of things and to deflect on everyone else (my read).

Mayo making the coaching gig a DEI / Race / Generational achievement without having a clear view on the makeup of the playing style and identity. No doubt he's a good guy and a leader but man he "missed the tackle" there on many occasions emphasising things that are "part" of a culture, but not the entirety of it.

Overall, Mayo's the new hoodie guy so rooting for him and the team to make a bit step forward. Not convinced but let's see with the offseason and the training camp decisions. I don't think Kraft has a whole lot longer to go and the fact this succession plan was half assed it does bear questioning if his own with JK and the other family people is at all prepared. Tough to run family businesses and recruit from within the gene pool and maintain success over time.... Not excited about that next gene pool ownership wave as they all seem to be primadonna jackasses but it's their money (or should I say their mothers' family money that was loaned so RK could do some shady LBO stuff).

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Well, gotta hope Mayo is all he is said to be as a coach, leader and person to take over the Pats coaching group. That intro went a bit sideways a few time with:

Kraft showing the age and shooting from the hip on this move not knowing how to backstop the front office as a whole. Just came across as unprepared, and oblivious that he and the overall front office have expectations. I don't think he is going to like having to bear the criticism if this goes sideways as he just wants the good side of things and to deflect on everyone else (my read).

Mayo making the coaching gig a DEI / Race / Generational achievement without having a clear view on the makeup of the playing style and identity. No doubt he's a good guy and a leader but man he "missed the tackle" there on many occasions emphasising things that are "part" of a culture, but not the entirety of it.

Overall, Mayo's the new hoodie guy so rooting for him and the team to make a bit step forward. Not convinced but let's see with the offseason and the training camp decisions. I don't think Kraft has a whole lot longer to go and the fact this succession plan was half assed it does bear questioning if his own with JK and the other family people is at all prepared. Tough to run family businesses and recruit from within the gene pool and maintain success over time.... Not excited about that next gene pool ownership wave as they all seem to be primadonna jackasses but it's their money (or should I say their mothers' family money that was loaned so RK could do some shady LBO stuff).
As someone who knows him, Danny Kraft is as far from a primadonna jackass as you could possibly get.

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
As someone who knows him, Danny Kraft is as far from a primadonna jackass as you could possibly get.
Good to hear. So he's the Ying to Jonathan's Yang? In any case RK looks old, sounds old, is old; and I'd expect another face to the ownership in short order as I can't see him taking the heat at his age for a floundering franchise without someone to lay it on.

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad