Patriots/NFL 2024 Playoffs Part 2: Pats have 3rd pick. Mayo new HC. Where does Belichick land? Bill O'Brien to leave Patriots for Ohio State OC job

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I was bemused that Jonathan was nowhere to be seen

Where’s Jonathan? — 12:30 p.m.

Ben Volin asked Robert Kraft what role his son Jonathan might play.

“He really is running all the Kraft Group companies and something has come up today that was really important. He’s like an equal partner to me in the running over the operation strategically, not involved in the day to day operations, helping me on an overall basis in the ownership position.”
Would you rather have Jonathan Kraft or Charlie Jacobs in charge of your organization?

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Would you rather have Jonathan Kraft or Charlie Jacobs in charge of your organization?
I think that despite not being very media-polished and having his dad's stinginess, Charlie legitimately cares about the Bruins' success and how it affects the bottom line.

I think Jonathan Kraft only cares about Jonathan Kraft and how results in the NFL and MLS affect Jonathan Kraft.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
It's become incredibly clear in the last year, if not longer, that the Krafts really have no idea what made them the most successful sports franchise for 20 years.
It was running the Patriots like they do their paper company. With love and a sense of family!

I will allow for the possibility here that they are simply letting the current staff work thru the draft (that is common) and will then look to add someone from the outside. We'll see. I will also allow for the fact Mayo could end up making good outside hires for his coaching staff.

I don't think Robert Kraft is a good speaker. It's corny and not very direct in answering questions. A lot of story telling. Hopefully behind the scenes the organization is a little more ruthless. Maybe that's Jonathan and why they didn't want him up there today.

Oh man I don't think that's even close. Jonathan Kraft 100 out of 100. I say that because it appears Jonathan led the charge to replace Bill which was absolutely needed. I don't get the sense Charlie has that in him. To me he just lets Cam and Don do everything. Now, maybe I'm wrong and that the only reason Charlie doesn't do anything is because he hasn't had to interject himself to address a floundering organization.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

It's basically a question of passive vs. active. And if I've learned anything from my time as a sports fan, you take the passive owner over the active one every day of the week. The active owner just won't get out of their own way. They'll break what doesn't need fixing.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
The one thing that comforts me about Charlie Jacobs running the Bruins is that I think he knows he's not a hockey expert and doesn't get involved on that side of it.

I also think/hope he's aware of the perception of his father/family and really wants to do what must be done to compete.

Honestly, I don't really worry about him as much as I used to, though we have no idea how he'll react if/when things take a turn for the worse. That scares me.

Reactions: smithformeragent

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I'd actually be fine with Mac back as the starter for 2024 as Tank Commander 2: Electric Boogaloo IF the 2025 QB draft class looked any good, but it doesn't.

It's unfortunate, because I don't really trust Daniels, but I think you kind of have to take a QB at #3, otherwise you might be waiting until 2026 to draft one, and the band aid solution really isn't good, when this is a team that's more than a QB and WR (assuming they'd take MHJ if not a QB) away from contending.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
While I like Mayo and think he’ll be a good coach, he’s never been the guy. Seems to me a hire like Vrabel would be the smarter play as he’s put together a staff, knows how all this stuff works and doesn’t have near the same learning cure.

Couple that with the fact that nobody seems to know how the football operations work with this franchise, despite the fact they’ve planned for this for at least a year makes me wonder how long this is going to work..

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
While I like Mayo and think he’ll be a good coach, he’s never been the guy. Seems to me a hire like Vrabel would be the smarter play as he’s put together a staff, knows how all this stuff works and doesn’t have near the same learning cure.

Couple that with the fact that nobody seems to know how the football operations work with this franchise, despite the fact they’ve planned for this for at least a year makes me wonder how long this is going to work..
It is possible that Mayo would be more likely to do things the way the Krafts want him to as opposed to Vrabel who would push harder for his own ideas. At least that’s my guess.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Charlie. At least Charlie cares about the team and wants to win.
From what I read about Jonathan wanting Bill out of here it certainly sounds like he wants to win too. My concern at the moment is the possibility of the Krafts not spending on players, coaches, GM like we all went them too. Bob Kraft likes to remind everyone Bill decided how much to spend. So let's see if that was really the case. Go out and spend money on good players and coaches/front office members.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Marc Bertrand, Felger, Mazz, Jones, etc they don't know jack. They're here to be shock jocks and fuel the fire.

Especially Felger who 1. Isn't even from here. 2. isn't a fan of ANY New England teams. 3. Lives to stir the pot.

Sure. Bertrand can give an opinion. But he's not around or covers the team like say Tom E Curran does, so I wouldn't waste my time listening to his opinion.

Tom E Curran doesn’t even know what’s going on. He had countless incorrect takes as well this year.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Maybe he is. Maybe he isnt.
I really don't understand the shit Curran gets. He reported that a decision had been made about Belichick. There has been no reporting really disputing that. We don't have a report that the Krafts woke up after the season ended and figured out it was time to move on. I firmly believe that their mind was made up on this well in advance of the end of the season. The writing was on the wall. This was not a tough decision for the Krafts. Other reporters maybe got their info from Bill in that he hadn't been told anything. But it was over a while ago.

Reactions: Mione134
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad