Speculation: 2024 Offseason Talk

LT

XXXX - XXXX - XX__ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
i don't know that i would use this as a baseline. Something has to be up with Walman outside of just hockey, to have that much negative value

Hmm good point, that would change things

The two moves Detroit just made are head scratchers for me. They've either got something bigger planned or, like you suggested, felt like they somewhat urgently needed to move on from Walman and wanted to do so with only a prospect swap.

Reactions: redbeardtx

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Curious to see what this news will be that Dallasman has mentioned.

It’s gotta be relating to Suter/Faksa buyouts, or re-signing Tanev.

Don’t see it being a trade as there are too many moving parts to be confident enough for a source to leak info a couple days in advance. Seems like it would be about a move the team has control over of

Reactions: redbeardtx

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014

Don’t see it being a trade as there are too many moving parts to be confident enough for a source to leak info a couple days in advance. Seems like it would be about a move the team has control over of
Benn and Suter are retiring from Hockey. Hello Stamkos

• Haha
Reactions: LT and Dallasman

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
You never know...

👀👀👀

• Love
Reactions: Zrhutch and MBTendy

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
Buyout window open sin a few days right? its definitely a buyout.

Nill said today the FA prices he's seeing are higher than expected. Prob will cost a lot to keep Tanev. Silly season is back.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Interesting. Especially when you factor in what’s left on their contracts, production the past couple of years and Segs injury history, I don’t see why anyone would take Segs over Benn. That’s just my opinion though
The difference the last 2 seasons.
Total
Benn has 8 more goals, 36 more points in 20 more games played. (Stapled to Johnston both years)
Seguin has 4 more EV Goals and 1 less ev point ( stuck with Marchment most of both years )

The last 3 seasons
Benn in 246gp has 72g -112a-184p (45evg-114evp)
Seguin 225gp - 70g- 81a-151p (56 evg-115evp)

This past year benn saw a lot more PP time (30seconds per game more) and was with the 1st unit almost exclusively
Seguin 25g - 22evg
Benn 21g - 13evg.
Benn's production bump over Seguin is entirely PP driven. at Even, Despite getting generally better linemates (Duchene skews this past year back towards Seguin), he's worse.

regardless of their production Benn floats around too much for me, and Stamkos generally plays LW like Benn.

Last edited:

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Relying on two rookies to replace 132 points is risky, especially if you have Cup aspirations.

Hope to be proven wrong.

My scenario kept duchene and his points.

So only really need to replace pavelskis points, that mostly occurred before stankoven arrived. Doubt we will lose much production

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Got to think Dallas brings in maybe 2 forwards and 2 D for veteran presence on the AHL squad.

NHL/AHL Tweeners: Blumel, Bichsel

C: Back, Hryckowian, Seminoff
RW: Emilio Pettersen, Hyry, McDonald
LW: McKenzie, Wheatcroft, Stranges

LD: Punnett
RD: Krys, Kyrou, White

ECHL: Arcuri, Ertel

Reactions: LT

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Well, I personally think they'd have to move Dadonov to have that 'pure offensive talent' guy on the roster.

Otherwise they continue to have Top Men(tm) PKing and eating too many hard minutes all season.

Reactions: piqued

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Tampa needs to move salary. Is Erik Cernak available? That would be an amazing addition. Could be cost effective to add since they need to move salary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad