GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft - Round 1 - June 28th - 7 P.M. / Round 2-7 - June 29th - 11 A.M

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
The post here was earlier this week.

A lot of the media guys steal ideas from here to generate content. They don't really care how reliable it is, as long as its content.

Ok either you're just as good as Jim at baiting hooks or you had a few too many celebratory beverages.

Never drink and post.

I really hope you don't seriously believe what you just typed.

evnted

Apr 14, 2016
Curious to hear who our draft experts @StevenToddIves @Guadana @evnted think is a first round talent who wasn't drafted in the first round.

I want to know which players I should be irrationally angry that we didn't pick tomorrow.
-chernyshov (14). inexcusable hes still available. same anti-russia nonsense
-shuravin (25). there was no way he was being picked this early but i still think he shouldve been
-badinka (26). he was hit or miss around here, imagine he goes early tomorrow
-artamonov (29). not surprised, but i think theres a competitive middle 6er here
-basha (30). again not surprised, but thought he had a better shot than artamonov. would be kinda fun if columbus took him to pair with lindstrom
-freij (32). word was some teams hated him so not surprised either. hes a project

other names that i think wouldve been fair game to go in this range: miettinen (33), pettersson (35), stiga (36), muggli (37), eriksson (38), mustard (40), and kleber (41)

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
The Hughes family owns the Devils now because they drafted two of them. Fitz is not the GM its just the Hughes family calling the shots! I warned everyone about this but nobody listened to me. Now the Devils have to suffer for years while having primadonna's on the ice.

Some Devils fan that only talks on the main board-
may we should send @StevenToddIves and to clean the bar

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
rank the following 5 things in order of likelihood:

• Devils trade Marino tonight.
  • Devils use their draft pick tonight.
  • Alex Holtz develops into a solid, Toffoli-esque top-6 forward who is capable of potting 30+.
  • I am able to satisfy my wife emotionally and sexually tonight (I have had 7 beers).
  • A player drafted between pick 7-12 tonight plays a quality 60+ games next year.
did she drink as well?

Reactions: StevenToddIves

ndkjr70

Jan 30, 2023
The Marino trade rumor started from this board, when a guy made a hypthetical sign Pesce and trade Marino comment.
At first I was like “wait hold on since heard this several times in different threads” and then I realized it’s just you saying it again lol. What a weirdo.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Peterka wasnt drafted in the first round too.

Damn. I hope Fitz will find the way to make a trade. Flyers do stupid things. They have no plan for their rebuild. just awful.

Emery was easy pick to the rangers. I would draft him ahead at least 8-9 players.

Where are you on Pulkkinen and Kiviharju? The latter seems small and redundant to what is currently in the pipeline. Pulkkinen is intriguing in his second time through the draft.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Where are you on Pulkkinen and Kiviharju? The latter seems small and redundant to what is currently in the pipeline. Pulkkinen is intriguing in his second time through the draft.
Not a fan of Kiviharju. But mostly I often not a fan of this type of defensemen. Its not my cup of tea. Didnt watch him as many to break down. Saw some bad decision making and problems with positioning.
Didnt saw enough of Pulkkinen to make conclusion.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Now that we drafted the Ryan Graves replacement that we won't see for 5 years at #10 OA....what time does Day 2 start?

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Maybe the league told everyone to knock it off because everybody thought it was stupid and it was needlessly adding dead time to the broadcast.
It always screamed to me like when you see couples say I love you to each other on Facebook. It’s like… you know, you could just call or text that person directly (or walk into the room they are in) but instead you are saying it so the world can see. Seemed very… fake.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I love defense. It's how you win...

But goalies and Defensive Dmen, as a general rule should never be taken in the top 10 in my personal view...
I would agree but I wouldnt in this case. Defenseman who can play 20-22+ min in tough situations is what exactly you need to find. Yes, not the sexiest pick, yes he wasnt even my top priority. But still its a huge piece for building the winning team.

And its not about 5 years most likely. Its about 4, I would say 2-3 years. 3 years looks like the most nature period.

And we are talking about prospect with Faberesque profile, with less offensive upside and more defensive abilities. Faber played 3 years, I believe no one would argue against draft him by 7th pick.

When player has tools and vision to be mobile shutdown defenseman who covers a lot of ice - its a huge important role. Again - not the most entertaining for some people, still very big for organisation.

-chernyshov (14). inexcusable hes still available. same anti-russia nonsense
-shuravin (25). there was no way he was being picked this early but i still think he shouldve been
-badinka (26). he was hit or miss around here, imagine he goes early tomorrow
-artamonov (29). not surprised, but i think theres a competitive middle 6er here
-basha (30). again not surprised, but thought he had a better shot than artamonov. would be kinda fun if columbus took him to pair with lindstrom
-freij (32). word was some teams hated him so not surprised either. hes a project

other names that i think wouldve been fair game to go in this range: miettinen (33), pettersson (35), stiga (36), muggli (37), eriksson (38), mustard (40), and kleber (41)

Krutov and Kol. Add to the list please.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I would agree but I wouldnt in this case. Defenseman who can play 20-22+ min in tough situations is what exactly you need to find. Yes, not the sexiest pick, yes he wasnt even my top priority. But still its a huge piece for building the winning team.

And its not about 5 years most likely. Its about 4, I would say 2-3 years. 3 years looks like the most nature period.

And we are talking about prospect with Faberesque profile, with less offensive upside and more defensive abilities. Faber played 3 years, I believe no one would argue against draft him by 7th pick.

When player has tools and vision to be mobile shutdown defenseman who covers a lot of ice - its a huge important role. Again - not the most entertaining for some people, still very big for organisation.

Krutov and Kol. Add to the list please.
Faber was #45 overall...there I expect two or three years before the player makes the jump...#10 overall? I think the expectation should be much, much different at #10

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
It's difficult to know how the second and early third round goes, but @StevenToddIves , @Guadana . @evnted do you have some names the Devils could/should target with their third round picks?
I like list of evnted.

Because Russian are falling deeper, its easier to bank on their higher potential. Its not that hard to understand when most of our prospects with potential from later rounds are russians and are playing on higher levels. Like Orlov, Barabosha, our ex Bardakov.

So of course Badinka, Basha, Muggli, Mustard, Frej are great player to target if they are available.

Chernyshov should be number one priority. If we are signing Pesce, Fitz should trade Marino for 2nd round pick as earliest as he can. Silayev draft shows he doesnt afraid russians high. So if we will pick Chernyshov - it will be freaking dream scenario.

Shuravin, Kol, Krutov, Artamonov, Moiseevich, Nabokov are very good players if we will have opportunity to draft them.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Faber was #45 overall...there I expect two or three years before the player makes the jump...#10 overall? I think the expectation should be much, much different at #10
So what? Kucherov was 50... somthing. Panarin wasnt drafted. You are trying to talk about players like they are some "thing". They are specific players with specific skills, potential, issues and strengths. Silayev absolutely deserved to be picked in top-10. Its not questionable.

And its even more strange from you when you are closing your eyes on the player who is huge and skates as one of the best on the draft, who is closing gaps, smart positionally and doing his stuff as 17 yo against hardest competition after NHL. May be he has even more offense, because you dont know it with so young players. And he didnt play sheltered minutes, he played 15 minutes in KHL, his ice time in playoff was 14 min 37 sec, 15.06, 12.10, 24.36, 17.09. -1 and +2 in 5 games. Against SKA - one of the best KHL teams.

This kid deserved some trust, especially from you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad