Speculation: 2024 Offseason Talk

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
You never know...
Got a little more out of my source.

I know the name now. And yes, I know people will be happy.

I can't divulge everything I'm being told but I share what I can. Don't want to lose what I'm getting,

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I almost wonder if it could be something like signing WJ to a longterm team-friendly megadeal in the vein of the Miro contract.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Hopefully that’s not it, that would be boring lol
I guess, but in terms of the biggest positive impact you could make on the future of the franchise...

That Miro deal already looks like it was written on golden tablets from the heavens. It gives the Stars a huge competitive advantage. Yet is hardly talked about.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Is there any scenario where Nill trades Lindell for a RHD to play with Miro, and then signs Tanev and he plays with Harley? For example, Washington could use a top 4 LHD, so you could do something like Jensen for Lindell. Not saying this is a fair trade, but just an example.

Even Jersey is loaded with RHD, could try Lindell for Marino.

Miro - trade
Harley - Tanev

Would be nice if we could get Marino and keep Lindell though

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
If the news is that something is coming in the next few days, I suspect it is a signing before the UFA period begins, and probably Tanev. My crystal ball is always a bit cloudy, but I doubt it is a surprise out of nowhere, like trading all 3 or our draft picks for an established player or something.

Honestly, it would be tempting to do that and skip the draft entirely with the few picks we have.

Arkham32

Nov 9, 2012
Has to either be a Suter buyout or a Tanev resigning. I'm leaning toward Suter buyout since thats more of a gurnatee you can make a few days prior compared to having a deal in place with Tanev and waiting days to announce it for no reason.

Reactions: Dallasman

LT

XXXX - XXXX - XX__ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
As a reminder, the buyout window runs from Thursday to Sunday.

Will be interesting to see if GMs strike early to clear room for moves at the draft, or wait until afterward to see if a trade at the draft can be arranged instead of a buyout.

LT

XXXX - XXXX - XX__ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Walman just required a 2nd to be dumped, he's at 3.4M per for 2 more years.

Imagine that means it'd cost at least a 3rd to move Faksa.

Reactions: redbeardtx

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Walman just required a 2nd to be dumped, he's at 3.4M per for 2 more years.

Imagine that means it'd cost at least a 3rd to move Faksa.
i don't know that i would use this as a baseline. Something has to be up with Walman outside of just hockey, to have that much negative value

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
i don't know that i would use this as a baseline. Something has to be up with Walman outside of just hockey, to have that much negative value

Red Wings fans seem to agree with you. Seems like something is up behind the scenes, because they don't seem to understand the deal either otherwise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad