Speculation: 2024 Offseason Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Well he'd like the numbers more if he wasn't such a p***y and would cut bait from some of the overpaid garbage players. (Suter, Faksa, Marchment)
But one of them had a baby and as we all know part of the reproduction process includes negotiating in a NMC or some shit.

Reactions: DieselPig

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I don't really give a shit about replacing Pavelski and Duchene's regular season production. There will be some upticks from the other regulars (Robertson, Johnston, etc), and Stankoven could easily replace or even surpass one of those guys on his own.

Combined, Pavs and Duchene scored 10 points in 38 playoff games. That's pathetic and is a huge reason why we lost.

We need to build for the playoffs. I'm not worried about getting there with this core we've assembled.

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
You never know...
Well he'd like the numbers more if he wasn't such a p***y and would cut bait from some of the overpaid garbage players. (Suter, Faksa, Marchment)
But one of them had a baby and as we all know part of the reproduction process includes negotiating in a NMC or some shit.
Faksa and Suter I agree with.

Marchment just had his best season production wise and can contribute.

Let's see what happens over the next few days.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
There was a quote from the mavs old GM, Donny Nelson about interviews and press conferences where he said “If my lips are moving, I’m lying”.

Feels like that applies here and this is posturing more than anything.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Faksa and Suter I agree with.

Marchment just had his best season production wise and can contribute.

Let's see what happens over the next few days.
I expect nothing from him. We've seen this movie play out before, we'll spend to the cap but it'll be the typical bargain basement shopping that won't actually solidify anything. He'll make a comment or two about young players needing to step up, maybe even complain about prices. Make some backhanded comment about how we were right there and that he "likes where we're at".

Also just so we're clear, Marchment got outproduced by almost everyone in the PO except partial game players and d-men.
The only forward he really outproduced was Pavelski.
He's a passenger that does nothing to drive play. Doesn't kill penalties and is all but useless on the PP, takes a lot of unnecessary penalties and can barely stay on his skates when he's not actively diving. His production in the regular season was fine but others were there to carry the load, with Duchene leaving and likely nobody else coming in to help carry him, he's going to regress back to complete uselessness AKA PO marchment

Last edited:

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
You never know...
I expect nothing from him. We've seen this movie play out before, we'll spend to the cap but it'll be the typical bargain basement shopping that won't actually solidify anything. He'll make a comment or two about young players needing to step up, maybe even complain about prices. Make some backhanded comment about how we were right there and that he "likes where we're at"
We shall see...

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
We shall see...
he's already crying about lack of cap-space which is an situation he entirely created and can fix somewhat if he actually tried. We all just saw the Ranger get out of a worse contract than Faksa for f***ing free.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I don’t want Tanev for four years, but that’s going to be the cost of doing business. As good as he was for the Stars, don’t give a guy about to turn 35 a four year deal.
100%, but this is Nill, wouldn't shock me to see him go 5 or 6

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
4 years is probably the cost of doing business, and Tanev is too important to the D core. The salary cap will be going up significantly over the next few years. I think you have to take the risk in order to be a competitive team next year.

Missing out on Tanev would be a significant loss this off-season.

Reactions: Magic Mittens

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
You never know...
4 years is probably the cost of doing business, and Tanev is too important to the D core. The salary cap will be going up significantly over the next few years. I think you have to take the risk in order to be a competitive team next year.

4 years for a dman who can't stay healthy as it is...not sure I like that risk.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Some RHD contracts already signed/available in the midst of what is clearly a boom market for players

Marino NJD- 3x4.4
Andersson CGY- 2x4.55

Food for thought.
Andersson would cost a fortune, but He'd be a great RD to put with Miro

Reactions: Dallasman

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

But like with Suter, the challenge is it’s a lot harder to hide a defenseman who is old and breaking down.

Unless the plan is to give him four years knowing the last one or two will be bought out.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
But like with Suter, the challenge is it’s a lot harder to hide a defenseman who is old and breaking down.

Unless the plan is to give him four years knowing the last one or two will be bought out.
LTIR with his history, nobody would be surprised (but it'll change by then when we would need it to work like it does currently)

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
LTIR with his history, nobody would be surprised (but it'll change by then when we would need it to work like it does currently)

All reports I've seen say the NHL and teams are happy with the current LTIR system. The only backlash is from fans.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
We are going to suck next season, aren’t we?
Outright? probably not, but probably back to competing for a Wild Card spot.
It's not like Utah, Chicago, Minnesota project to be a lot better.
So we only have to worry about falling so far as to be passed by STL/Minnesota.

It'll depend on what d-core we roll out.
If Suter is playing a top 4 role, which as of right now he would be.
Yeah we'll be in deep shit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad