Speculation: 2024 Offseason Talk

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Outright? probably not, but probably back to competing for a Wild Card spot.
It's not like Utah, Chicago, Minnesota project to be a lot better.
So we only have to worry about falling so far as to be passed by STL/Minnesota.

It'll depend on what d-core we roll out.
If Suter is playing a top 4 role, which as of right now he would be.
Yeah we'll be in deep shit
Yeah I meant we will not be a Stanley cup favorite anymore if we don’t address a few things.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Yeah I meant we will not be a Stanley cup favorite anymore if we don’t address a few things.
I wasn't expecting them to be anyway. That's why I bitched so much that all Nill did was Tanev, this was the best year to go all in and he played it to conservative

too374

Jun 5, 2024
Tanev is 35 and has a long injury history. With the market the way it is, and the cap hit he would demand, I bet any team that will sign him will regret it later. He should go get his bag.

Reactions: LT and Dallasman

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
We still have a solid core, just need to add the D. We may not finish first in the west, but I don't think we'll be a wild card team.

I'll wait awhile before I decide where this team is at. Lots of offseason to go
Losing 50g and likely a garbage d-core. and you don't think those together would amount to a 15p drop in the standings?
Our injury luck is also going to run out some point.

Hell Suter playing in the top 4 alone probably counts for us losing 10 games more than he cost us this year just by himself

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Tanev is 35 and has a long injury history. With the market the way it is, and the cap hit he would demand, I bet any team that will sign him will regret it later. He should go get his bag.
I totally get that. 100% agree. Who do we acquire to replace him though? Do we want to roll with
Harley-Miro
Lindell-Bicshel
Suter-Nils?

too374

Jun 5, 2024
I totally get that. 100% agree. Who do we acquire to replace him though? Do we want to roll with
Harley-Miro
Lindell-Bicshel
Suter-Nils?
If the coaching staff can be convinced to let nils to play through his mistakes, and he can actually grow into the role, it's the best long term option. He is an rfa and even if he has a decent season his previous form will lower his salary demands going forward. I do think there are a couple of less flashy fa options that people don't talk about here, oel, dumba(I know), carrier ect.

I'm also of the mind suter must be bought out. I've been a defender of his in the past but he, like pavelski, really looked dead after a full season. The buyout math did not add up in previous seasons but does now.

Last edited:

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Losing 50g and likely a garbage d-core. and you don't think those together would amount to a 15p drop in the standings?
Our injury luck is also going to run out some point

Obviously, we need to replace those goals/points, but we haven't even started free agency, so hard to judge right now. We seemed to play more of an offensive game last season, and maybe this upcoming season the Stars play a little more defensive. Or maybe out top two lines get more ice time this season than last year.

It's not like we were in the middle of the pack for goals scored at least.

Every team besides Vegas, could be screwed by injuries

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad