Speculation: 2024 Offseason Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Don’t quite get the duchesne hate . Didn’t put up numbers in the playoffs but he was one of the guys who i thought was consistently winning races and started a lot of the big momentum swings where we hemmed them in there own zone .Was probably the biggest bargain deal of the regular season . A lot of his downfall I think was due to having pavelski instead of seguin on his line alot in the playoffs . I’d be happy bringing him back cheap .
Who?

Triple Ex El

Three sausage taquitos with cheese
Apr 29, 2013
DFW, TX
Am I wrong in seeing some similarity between the Trevor Zegras situation in Anaheim and the Seguin situation in Boston? So long to Duchene and replace him with Z? Not sure where to start on a trade offer other than a 1st...

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Am I wrong in seeing some similarity between the Trevor Zegras situation in Anaheim and the Seguin situation in Boston? So long to Duchene and replace him with Z? Not sure where to start on a trade offer other than a 1st...

Not quite sure spending assets to acquire a top 6 centre is the move when we have Roope, Johnston, and Bourque.

Reactions: LT and Dallasman

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Putting mush on the same level as that era Loui is laughable.
As good as he was for Dallas. Loui wasn’t the guy we remember when he got traded. Shortened season he was 0,6PPG. Went to Boston and was 0,6PPG for that season, 0,57PPG for the next. One good season his whole time in B.

Mush has been 0,56PPG in Dallas.

Edit: obviously just spitballing and having fun to numb the pain.

Reactions: Elysian

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
As good as he was for Dallas. Loui wasn’t the guy we remember when he got traded. Shortened season he was 0,6PPG. Went to Boston and was 0,6PPG for that season, 0,57PPG for the next. One good season his whole time in B.

Mush has been 0,56PPG in Dallas.

Edit: obviously just spitballing and having fun to numb the pain.
look at the seasons prior to the shortened season. he was putting up numbers that mush doesn't touch, and doing it with superb defense.

i know he fell off a cliff, but he was elite defensively, and in the previous 4 seasons had put up excellent offensive numbers.

1717518824090.png

Reactions: LT and MBTendy

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I don’t know. A difference is the Bruins signed Seguin to a big extension (at the time) but we’re going to have to trade someone before it kicked in. They picked him because he was still a young guy playing a depth position on what they thought was a Bruins team in the prime of their Cup window, so he became their cap dump. The funny thing, of course, is they probably would have had more success had they kept Seguin and traded one of the vets ahead of him on the roster,

The Ducks don’t have to make a move. They have no cap problems, so a trade won’t be as easy to pull off.

Also, Seguin broke out when he got to Dallas and was put on the top line and given #1 PP time. Zegras has already been in that spot for a while. If anything, coming to the Stars would mean a reduction in ice time and PP time. But this is the unknown, right? Does a good player on a shit team see a boost when he goes to a better situation? Or is Zegras not playing up to expectation part of the reason they are a shit team? I have no idea.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
look at the seasons prior to the shortened season. he was putting up numbers that mush doesn't touch, and doing it with superb defense.

i know he fell off a cliff, but he was elite defensively, and in the previous 4 seasons had put up excellent offensive numbers.

View attachment 879480
Yeah, Loui went to the Bruins and pretty immediately ran into nasty concussion problems. Had those happened today, he probably wouldn’t have played anywhere near 61 games.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
This Suter buyout better be happening. Hope the Cup ends in a sweep so it can get here sooner.

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
I'd take Duchene back at his $3m salary again. 2x3m I'd do all day as well if he wants slightly more term. I'd imagine he's looking at 5 or 6m AAV though over a few years minimum, which I would not do.

At that price, he brings more than enough to the table. If he's looking for much more though, I'll have to pass.

Such a disappointing playoff. Very good regular season though.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
In terms of compatibles for Duchene, Eberle and Perron both signed $4.75 million x 2 year deals which were relatively low risk team friendly deals. Even that seems like a little more then I'd be comfortable with. I don't know, I'd rather see them prioritize the blue-line.

I'll guess his best offer from Dallas is around the 3 year and $4 million AAV range.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad