Speculation: 2024 Offseason Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SpItFiReZ

Jan 4, 2004
I may have missed it trying to go back in the different threads but I am curious as to what the opinion is on Dellandrea for next year? Stars let him go or carve out a bottom 6 role?

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
I’d still love to sign Matt Roy. Damn just trade Faksa and buyout Suter so we can have both Tanev and Roy. I really get the feeling we re-sign Duchene cheap and he will be our only fwd signing besides maybe some depth like Smith.

Edit: unless Seguin is out for the year, then we will need another top 6 fwd.

Last edited:

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I may have missed it trying to go back in the different threads but I am curious as to what the opinion is on Dellandrea for next year? Stars let him go or carve out a bottom 6 role?
He'll be brought back for cheap. He has no arbitration case. It'll be the same story as this year, competing for time as 4th line wing with whoever else is the 12/13th forward. If he was going to be traded/had any value he would have already been thrown in a deadline deal IMO.

Reactions: SpItFiReZ

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
I’d still love to sign Matt Roy. Damn just trade Faksa and buyout Suter so we can have both Tanev and Roy. I really get the feeling we re-sign Duchene cheap and he will be our only fwd signing besides maybe some depth like Smith.

Edit: unless Seguin is out for the year, then we will need another top 6 fwd.
seguin is our stone.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
If Seguin is actually out next season I'd bring back Duchene and move him to wing. Marchment-Bourque-Duchene

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
What's surprising about that? That seems like the chalk. Other than Tanev not falling over himself to join Vancouver

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
If you simply give everyone their projected contract, this lineup only leaves $407,092 in cap space. It's not exactly an inspiring off-season.

Robertson-Hintz-Seguin
Benn-Johnston-Stankoven
Marchment-Bourque-Dadonov
Faksa-Steel-Dellandrea
Depth

Lindell-Heiskanen
Harley-Tanev
Suter-Lundqvist
Depth

Oettinger
Backup

Steel: $1.8 million
Dellandrea: $945K
Depth Forward: $775K
Tanev: $4.75 million
Harley: $4 million
Lundqvist: $900K
Depth Defender: $775K
Backup Goalie: $1 million

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
If you simply give everyone their projected contract, this lineup only leaves $407,092 in cap space. It's not exactly an inspiring off-season.

Robertson-Hintz-Seguin
Benn-Johnston-Stankoven
Marchment-Bourque-Dadonov
Faksa-Steel-Dellandrea
Depth

Lindell-Heiskanen
Harley-Tanev
Suter-Lundqvist
Depth

Oettinger
Backup

Steel: $1.8 million
Dellandrea: $945K
Depth Forward: $775K
Tanev: $4.75 million
Harley: $4 million
Lundqvist: $900K
Depth Defender: $775K
Backup Goalie: $1 million
Suter buyout tho ;)

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Suter buyout tho ;)

Hopefully, and that's far from a given. Plus, you have to replace Suter. That leaves you very little to improve the Top 9. Maybe you have $1.5 to $2.5 million after replacing Suter.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Hopefully, and that's far from a given. Plus, you have to replace Suter. That leaves you very little to improve the Top 9. Maybe you have $1.5 to $2.5 million after replacing Suter.

You'd have $4 million to replace Suter and sign a Top 9 forward.

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
What's surprising about that? That seems like the chalk. Other than Tanev not falling over himself to join Vancouver

First we've heard that Dallas is close to re-signing Tanev vs going back to Candada.

too374

Jun 5, 2024
I’d still love to sign Matt Roy.
afpanalytics predicts him getting 4x5.5 prob outside our price range. Frankly Tanev is prob outside of our price range(3x4.7 prediction) and I thing a team might offer him too much, he is 35 signing him long term is risky especially with his injury history.

If Harley signs at 4x2 and bourque(cheap elc) starts, we still need to sign 3 d 3 forwards and a backup goalie with about 11mil in cap. Even if you call up someone cheap from the ahl the will still counts ~1 mil per player. Craig Smith cost 1mil and that was with the flat cap, depth will be looking for slight raises across the league with the cap increase. This cap reality is without signing duchene and tanev.

The seven roster spots are really a minimum of 7 mil committed with replacement level players. we have about 5 mil to work with over those seven roster spots. on defense we are realistically looking at players like oel, dumba, carrier on forwards Duclair, Trenin, perron. and realistically we can only really sign one of them.

pump the breaks is all im saying

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
we only have room for one decent addition without a Faksa/Suter dump, correct. Tanev eats the money if we re-sign him, which is more than fine of a addition. ideally we dump Faksa and get a middle 6 forward addition as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad