Speculation: 2024 Offseason Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

too374

Jun 5, 2024
we only have room for one decent addition without a Faksa/Suter dump, correct. Tanev eats the money if we re-sign him, which is more than fine of a addition. ideally we dump Faksa and get a middle 6 forward addition as well.
Faksa has a ntc with 5 teams (ie he can just list the 5 teams that have an abundance of cap) and we have we 1 pick in the 2-4 rounds this year and next combined to pay off someone. you still have to replace faksa and suter at minimum a mil a player your only getting an extra 4 mil.

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
Cup chance aside, if Faksa wants his best chance to earn another decent contract he should probably want to get traded somewhere he will play every game.

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
If I was Faksa I would ask to be traded to Chicago. Seeing what they are paying on contacts these days. Dickinson is not worth 4.25 mil a year. Foligno is not worth 4.5 mil.

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
We really need to trade Faksa and buyout Suter to ice a good roster again. This picture is an example with 200k cap space remaining.
1718379486758.png

We really need to trade Faksa and buyout Suter to ice a good roster again. This picture is an example with 200k cap space remaining.
1718379486758.png
I put Nils as the 7th d

• Wow
Reactions: Smelling Salt

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
I think they will bring back wedgewood. Sounds like he is close with otter and otter feels he is helpful.

thegoldenbrett

Jan 23, 2010
Coppell,TX
View attachment 882766

I put Nils as the 7th d
I like this but would make two changes:
I would trade Marchment, (dives, and takes too many penalties in the offensive zone) and replace with Blumel.
Use the Cap savings to sign Matt Roy, instead of Tyler Myers.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I would trade Marchment, (dives, and takes too many penalties in the offensive zone) and replace with Blumel.

yall Are way too confident in our forward group if you think we can replace Marchment with an AHLer/4th line guy

I don't hate the idea of Blumel eventually earning a spot on the team but at most as a 4th line player.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Blumel isn't going to replace Marchment's production.

yall Are way too confident in our forward group if you think we can replace Marchment with an AHLer/4th line guy

I don't hate the idea of Blumel eventually earning a spot on the team but at most as a 4th line player.

and how small are we trying to make this team lol

Reactions: roryjones

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
pls confirm my p-laine suspicions
They would have to eat half his salary and take Faksa back to make money work. Dallas still needs 1-2 RHD not to mention filling out the roster. But he would probably turn back to that amazing goal scorer playing with Hintz and Robertson.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
They would have to eat half his salary and take Faksa back to make money work. Dallas still needs 1-2 RHD not to mention filling out the roster. But he would probably turn back to that amazing goal scorer playing with Hintz and Robertson.

not if Seguin goes on LTIR :cool:

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
If Dallas doesnt sign Duchene, lose Pavelski and have a potential seguin injury...might have to accept a bit of a take stock year.

Heck of a chunk of forward production lost.

Couldn't see the Stars compete for a conference title.

thegoldenbrett

Jan 23, 2010
Coppell,TX
Blumel isn't going to replace Marchment's production.

and how small are we trying to make this team lol
Adding Bichsel and Roy to the line up adds size. I would still try to trade Jason Robertson for Brady Tkachuk. Brady is going to get tired of losing, especially with Matthew winning the Cup.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad