GDT: 2024 NHL Trade Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How many trades do the Avs make?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
We have cap space and assets. If a goalie is not available, then at least get that depth D.

Bring back Big Z actually, if that's the case. We can take on the full hit if that's our only add. I imagine Vancouver could make that move if they want to add a forward.
I meant about forwards moving out.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Waking up and looking at the depth chart on deadline day.... ironically I think LHD is the team's biggest weakness right now (outside of 2G).

An injury to either Toews or Girard could be catastrophic to the defense. Walker might have to play on the left if that happens.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Waking up and looking at the depth chart on deadline day.... ironically I think LHD is the team's biggest weakness right now (outside of 2G).

An injury to either Toews or Girard could be catastrophic to the defense. Walker might have to play on the left if that happens.
Yea the D and G situations are pretty uncomfortable.

Manson, Makar and playoff Girard aren't exactly ironman material...wouldn't want a starting lineup with JJ, Jones and Malinski all together.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
that is high... seriously doubt anyone pays that... one 1st maybe, but 2-3 1st's?? GM's will be telling dougii boy to go play with himself
He's got one year left, and if it's 50% retained that's 3.5m for basically a PPG forward (yeah this has been a down year).

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
if we had the assets and need, would you pay 3 ones for him?
No, because we don't need him. We need to spend our assets elsewhere.

But let's say Gabe was 100% done for the year, Nuke isn't coming back, Droun has been a disaster like RyJo, and Lehkonen is still playing a bit meh because of his injury? Yes.

Actually, I would probably punt on the season at that point, but you see my point. We are LOADED on wingers right now, even without Landeskog.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Dowd would be nice in a vacuum, but numbers wise how do you make that work without shipping someone else out?

Landeskog* - Mackinnon - Rantanen
Lehkonen - Mittelstadt - Nichushkin
Drouin - Colton - Wood
Trenin - Dowd - LOC
Parise, Cogliano, Duhaime, Kovalenko, etc.

Seems like overkill to be sitting a vet like Parise who just signed with the Avs to win a cup, along with Cogliano, Duhaime (who you just paid a 3rd for to be the 15th forward), and Kovalenko (who just cut his contract short in the KHL to come over and who Cmac spoke about being an NHL player.

Its possible this might have some chronolgical bias. If they do get Dowd, even after the adds so far, that would suggest he was probably always a valued target. But you could be right and maybe they pass on the idea for that reason. Bednar did comment about Trenin playing C before apparently.

Yesterday, AJ made an interesting observation that Trenin and Duhaime might be a signal they'd consider trading Wood due to the similarity/redundancy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Richard88

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Its possible this might have some chronolohical bias. If they do get Dowd, even after the adds so far, that would suggest he was probably always a valued target. But you could be right and maybe they pass on the idea for that reason. Bednar did comment about Trenin playing C before apparently.

Yesterday, AJ made an interesting observation that Trenin and Duhaime might be a signal they'd consider trading Wood due to the similarity/redundancy.

The bolded seems like a completely ridiculous take IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad