GDT: 2024 NHL Trade Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How many trades do the Avs make?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
saturday-night-live-maya-rudolph.gif

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Something has to give tomorrow, we have far too many forwards, especially if Landy returns.
62-29-96
Nuke-Mitts-Drouin
20s line
Cogs-Trenin-Parise
Landy, Kovalenko, Duhaime, Kivaranta, Wagner

My guess is a goalie of some sort with a forward like LOC going out. Hopefully I'm wrong because I like LOC but very well could see it happening. Also a depth dman is possible.
Wonder if they'd consider moving Wood out. His trade protection hasn't kicked in yet and he'd probably be of interest to some teams given that he still has term.

Admittedly it's probably not likely given how much Wood and the Avs wanted a deal last summer, but with a $2.5m caphit next year maybe that's something to consider considering how many bodies they have now.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
We don’t need anymore forwards, imo. I have a feeling a forward could be on his way out. We need a goalie and a depth dman.

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Wonder if they'd consider moving Wood out. His trade protection hasn't kicked in yet and he'd probably be of interest to some teams given that he still has term.

Admittedly it's probably not likely given how much Wood and the Avs wanted a deal last summer, but with a $2.5m caphit next year maybe that's something to consider considering how many bodies they have now.

I think Wood and Colton are important glue guys, we just signed both long-term. I'd be surprised to see Wood moved. I think his best hockey will come playoff time.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
I expect Landy to make an attempt at coming back in April, but obviously the team is planning a lineup that doesn't have him. If he does make it back, they will find a spot for him. If not, they have the players to fill in.

Reactions: chet1926

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
I really don’t think they are moving any forwards, unless it’s Kiviaranta or Olofsson in a move for a 7-8-9 D man, more of an AHL deal. Or perhaps for a more faceoff focused center for the 4th line.

With Wagner and LOC injured, Kovalenko - while a seemingly perfect depth player, still being an unproven option, Lando being a complete wildcard, and the decline in Cogs game — they really do need all that depth.

Elephant in the room is Nuke as well. If the Avs don’t have valid options and plans to play without him at any random point this year they are not doing their job. Until he is a reliable option and his issues are behind him, he could be gone at any moment without warning.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I think Wood and Colton are important glue guys, we just signed both long-term. I'd be surprised to see Wood moved. I think his best hockey will come playoff time.
I agree 100%. I just think that if there's a scenario where you're looking at a good goalie and/or LHD and the other team insists on getting an NHL player back then maybe that's the guy you offer instead of O'Connor. Realistically I don't see it happening though.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I agree 100%. I just think that if there's a scenario where you're looking at a good goalie and/or LHD and the other team insists on getting an NHL player back then maybe that's the guy you offer instead of O'Connor. Realistically I don't see it happening though.
If they get a starting goalie you can move O'Connor out. Otherwise they don't need to do anything now.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
So, any other trades? Crosby when?
For the Avs? I expect them to at least make calls on Buchnevich, but I would bet *IF* he gets traded, it will be Vegas. They will likely add a goaltender of some sort. Could add a depth D. And possibly a more traditional 4C.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
If they get a starting goalie you can move O'Connor out. Otherwise they don't need to do anything now.
We have cap space and assets. If a goalie is not available, then at least get that depth D.

Bring back Big Z actually, if that's the case. We can take on the full hit if that's our only add. I imagine Vancouver could make that move if they want to add a forward.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
We have cap space and assets. If a goalie is not available, then at least get that depth D.

Bring back Big Z actually, if that's the case. We can take on the full hit if that's our only add. I imagine Vancouver could make that move if they want to add a forward.

I want nothing to do with Z.

I firmly believe he's too stupid of a player to achieve success on a contending team.

Chibby

Jan 12, 2019
For the Avs? I expect them to at least make calls on Buchnevich, but I would bet *IF* he gets traded, it will be Vegas. They will likely add a goaltender of some sort. Could add a depth D. And possibly a more traditional 4C.
Rumored ask for Buchnevich per Servalli is 3 1sts. So either 2 1sts + good prospect or 1 1st + 2 good prospects.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I want nothing to do with Z.

I firmly believe he's too stupid of a player to achieve success on a contending team.
Maybe, and I bet you Bednar thinks that way too and wants nothing to do with him.

I just want him because I like his personality, and he seems very popular with the guys still.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Yeah, the Avs were already the highest scoring team in the league while dragging a sack of potatoes around at 2C, so I don’t think another forward is necessary.

I mean, I wouldn’t complain if they grabbed a Taffoli, but a backup G, or a depth D is more needed.

Reactions: xAvsx89

jabubenice

Mar 7, 2011
cayman island
going to be f***in boring today...These broadcasting channels should demand that any trades made during the week cannot be announced until trade deadline day

Reactions: Coug555
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad