GDT: 2024 NHL Trade Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How many trades do the Avs make?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I don’t understand Pittsburgh.

The roster needs to be ‘Old Yellered’, but they try to stay somewhat afloat. It’s just weird.
It is all ownership… there is a clear directive and until the tog guys retire, this is who they will be.

I mean they literally fired a GM because he didnt want to keep Malkin.

Reactions: NorthernAvsFan

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Honest question. At what point does Dubas get the blame instead of ownership or the team president? One more season?

Personally, I feel like he was mostly to blame in Toronto, and this year reinforces that a bit, but trying to be objective, I feel like one more season of bad moves should be enough for most people.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Mooserton

Oct 4, 2013
Colorado
Yeah I don't know I think Dubas has an impossible task to keep that roster competitive for Crosby which comes directly from ownership. With that said, that return is...not great especially with the rumored interest from 6+ teams.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Honest question. At what point does Dubas get the blame instead of ownership or the team president? One more season?

Personally, I feel like he was mostly to blame in Toronto, and this year reinforces that a bit, but trying to be objective, I feel like one more season of bad moves should be enough for most people.

Dubas caving to his “core 4” is a huge part of RFAs demanding huge money right away. Guy legitimately seems to think he’s the mastermind when everyone can see he’s a dunce

Reactions: Foppa2118

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Come get a couple runs with your homeboy, Sid! You can always go back to Pittsburgh and retire later. You're a superstar that can still play. You belong in the playoffs!

Reactions: Phil Raitt

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Sid is one of the biggest professionals in all of sports.

The body language, the answers the last few days have not been typical Crosby.

He's not happy.

I've been on board this Crosby to Avs train but I do think it's actually possible. Probably not tomorrow but this offseason.

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
It’s been hours since the last Avs trade, unacceptable, guess the cocaine high wore off
8igpqt.jpg

Chibby

Jan 12, 2019
Why Dubas took the Pittsburgh job is beyond me. Guaranteed failure. That core was toast (besides Sid).

It doesn’t make economic sense in the short term, but trading Crosby would help immensely in the long term.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Sid is one of the biggest professionals in all of sports.

The body language, the answers the last few days have not been typical Crosby.

He's not happy.

I've been on board this Crosby to Avs train but I do think it's actually possible. Probably not tomorrow but this offseason.
I'll believe it when I see it. He's going to retire in Pittsburgh. What he shouldn't have done is basically forced them to keep Malkin and Letang. They should have let them walk and used that money to get younger and better. Then, Dubas compounded it with getting Karlsson.

If Crosby leaves, and they go in the toilet, that franchise might just be toast.

They're screwed.

Reactions: lonelybadger

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
I'll believe it when I see it. He's going to retire in Pittsburgh. What he shouldn't have done is basically forced them to keep Malkin and Letang. They should have let them walk and used that money to get younger and better. Then, Dubas compounded it with getting Karlsson.

If Crosby leaves, and they go in the toilet, that franchise might just be toast.

They're screwed.

I think he leaves next season for a cup run. Goes back after for a 1 year deal to retire.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Yeah, it definitely seems a bit odd.

A healthy forward group would leave Duhaime and Kovalenko on the bench. Both of whom, I’m guessing the Avs would like to get in the lineup and I’m not even including Landeskog.

They might just be giving themselves options if another deal opens up tomorrow. They could trade a forward for a D, or if something doesn’t materialize, just move forward with a lot of depth.

Personally I think it’s more likely it leaves cogs on the bench. The sentimental feeling of having cogs out there is cool and all but a physical presence of duhaime is going to be of more value in a playoff setting.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Why Dubas took the Pittsburgh job is beyond me. Guaranteed failure. That core was toast (besides Sid).

It doesn’t make economic sense in the short term, but trading Crosby would help immensely in the long term.
The only thing that makes sense to me is is he was given assurances he could build his way after the core is gone and he’d be able to see that through. IIRC he has something like a 7 year contract. So 3 to wade through this mess… 4 to fix it.

This first 3 is likely to be brutal though. Each move prior was and attempt a just giving something to the team as a semblance of depth and skill. Probably 1 more summer like that before the switch is really flipped.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Personally I think it’s more likely it leaves cogs on the bench. The sentimental feeling of having cogs out there is cool and all but a physical presence of duhaime is going to be of more value in a playoff setting.

It’ll be a bloodbath for spots in the bottom-6. Cogs positional versatility might save him, but Bednar has said before if everything is equal, he prefers a bigger player.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle

Dude is getting paid a lot of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad