GDT: 2024 NHL Trade Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How many trades do the Avs make?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
No permission? I guess Dubas knows that Guentzel don't want to re-up in Carolina.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
WoIld not be shocked if they go after Dowd and or Lindgren in one fell swoop tomorrow. For all the guys theyre bringing in, they're either a need (2C and D) or they fit a desired player profile (can skate and hit/forecheck). Only CMitts is a C but no one is strong at face offs. Dowd may not fit the profile but as a 4C who is good at faceoffs, C Mac might deviate from the player profile described above to add a complementery skill.

Lindgren speaks for itself.

Cost is the obvious question but some trades have been somewhat reasonable lately.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Something has to give tomorrow, we have far too many forwards, especially if Landy returns.
62-29-96
Nuke-Mitts-Drouin
20s line
Cogs-Trenin-Parise
Landy, Kovalenko, Duhaime, Kivaranta, Wagner

My guess is a goalie of some sort with a forward like LOC going out. Hopefully I'm wrong because I like LOC but very well could see it happening. Also a depth dman is possible.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Something has to give tomorrow, we have far too many forwards, especially if Landy returns.
62-29-96
Nuke-Mitts-Drouin
20s line
Cogs-Trenin-Parise

My guess is a goalie of some sort with a forward like LOC going out. Hopefully I'm wrong because I like LOC but very well could see it happening. Also a depth dman is possible.
What's wrong with sending Kiviranta and Wagner to waivers? They're not of dire importance. They might both clear.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
62-29-96
Nuke-Mitts-Drouin
20s line
Cogs-Trenin-Parise

Kivaranta and Wagner don’t really count, plus Wagner is maybe going to miss some time now? Plus LOC could be needing more recovery time.

Seems like Cogs and Duhaime likely rotate in and out until Kovalenko arrives.. then it’s the three of them fighting for the last roster spot. If Landy comes back, then it’s a real battle. But the cup run showed you need 14-15 deep at forward. The Avs have that now.

Even an upgrade on D seems unlikely, as I think JJ has earned that last spot and Malinski and Jones are penciled in as 7-8 and Hunt as the 9. Maybe bargain hunting for another 7-10 guy? If the market falls out on EJ, he could make a logical and in character addition — but I have a feeling someone who needs him more and will play him every night will come calling with more than a bag of pucks on offer.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
1709871263430.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad