GDT: 2024 NHL Trade Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How many trades do the Avs make?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Pretty sure the Walker is our D5 now, JJ is 6. But i also don't want to see Jones/Malinski in the Playoffs. Next season maybe, but not this one.

Walker is absolutely going to be our #4 or even our #3 for TOI once he gets used to the system. He's like a RHD Toews-lite, the coaching staff is gonna love him and reward him accordingly

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Because the C is for Cocaine.

*knock knock* "Hey Chris, Preds are on line thr... oh jesus!"

99wk67df6d9b1.gif

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Where is Behrens at with his season ? Could we sign him down the stretch as well ?

All the players are belong to us.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
It's great to see that a team that currently leads the league in goals forward are still trying to load up the group. Add Nuke, Kovalenko and possibly Landy. Sky's the limit.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Can't say I see a team with a realistic 3rd pair LD and goalie available. I think if we did both it would have to be 2 separate trades/a 3-way.

I know people are speculating LOC gone but if it's anyone it's Kovalenko IMO. Trenin and him play similar styles and he could be an attractive piece for a rebuilding squad.

I'm guessing the Avs wouldn't want to leave Mackinnon as our only right-handed forward

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
we have ~13 bottom 6 forwards now. I'd guess the plan is to sit Drouin come playoffs or they know Landy won't be ready for the start of playoffs (AKA don't pencil one of Lehks or Landy on that 3rd line). LOC might be injured long term as well.

Your best bottom 6 guys are Colton, Trenin, Parise, Wood, LOC (if not injured), cogliano/duhaime. Then you have kivi, wagner, olofsson, foudy, and pavel as well and hopefully we see very little of them.

still think not getting a backup goalie would be a mistake

edit: Kovalenko too!

Last edited:

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
we have ~13 bottom 6 forwards now. I'd guess the plan is to sit Drouin come playoffs or they know Landy won't be ready for the start of playoffs (AKA don't pencil one of Lehks or Landy on that 3rd line). LOC might be injured long term as well.

Your best bottom 6 guys are Colton, Trenin, Parise, Wood, LOC (if not injured), cogliano/duhaime. Then you have kivi, wagner, olofsson, foudy, and pavel as well and hopefully we see very little of them.

still think not getting a backup goalie would be a mistake
One I can't see CMac making after all he's invested.

TheForsbergShow

Apr 4, 2016
Edmonton
Can't say I see a team with a realistic 3rd pair LD and goalie available. I think if we did both it would have to be 2 separate trades/a 3-way.

I know people are speculating LOC gone but if it's anyone it's Kovalenko IMO. Trenin and him play similar styles and he could be an attractive piece for a rebuilding squad.

I'm guessing the Avs wouldn't want to leave Mackinnon as our only right-handed forward
I just don't see the Avs willing to trade Kovalenko after all these years of waiting. Might be our first pick outside round 1 to be a player for us and can be cheap depth for a few seasons when we will need it. Gotta see what he is first.

Reactions: cccoltsicehockey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad