GDT: 2024 NHL Trade Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How many trades do the Avs make?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
I feel like something has to give on the forward core. Whether it's for a goalie or depth D. There are too many guys. But maybe that's the approach.
I know you guys keep saying it’s too many guys, but in reality, it’s all 4th line extras.

Wood Colton and LOC are the 3rd line.

Duhaime, trenin, Cogliano, praise, Kovalenko, these guys are all for the 4th line. With the occasional guy to move up for injuries.

Could LOC be dealt? I don’t want him traded, but we probably won’t be able to sign him.
He’s already signed

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
I know you guys keep saying it’s too many guys, but in reality, it’s all 4th line extras.

Duhaime, trenin, Cogliano, praise, Kovalenko, these guys are all for the 4th line. With the occasional guy to move up for injuries.

He’s already signed
He has 1 more year after this season. I don’t want to trade him. Just thinking out loud.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I don't think the Avs have too many forwards. Guys are going to get hurt. When Colorado won the cup, the third line was a hodgepodge of Compher + Burakovsky-NAK-Newhook-Sturm.

I don't think O'Connor is going anywhere, but if he does it's pretty much guaranteed to be for a forward. Which goes back to my point.

Reactions: Tommy Shelby

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
Adding depth is huge. Landy/Kovy and even Nuke aren’t sure things. Parise/Cogs are old as shit. Atleast now you’ve given yourself a chance to deal with some adversity unlike last year.

Now we need to add some on the backend.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
We're getting into semantics but I think Parise will stay on the 3rd line with Colton.

LOC has shown it doesn't matter who he plays with on the 4th line.

Kiviranta is not a serious option for a playoff team.

We had Matt Nieto on a second line in the playoffs not long ago.

Just wait til the injuries hit and he’ll be flanking MacKinnon.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV

He’s already signed
Even with injuries they have an NHL line that can come in and play. This is before you account for Kovy and Landy. Obviously the depth is nice to have, but there are too many guys lol. I'm good with it either way. Just feels like something else has to give.

avsfan2189

Jun 22, 2019
also i dont know if we need a #6 D to challenge JJ, he's having his best season in almost 10 years points wise and +/- .

honestly think jones is a fine backup ld

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad