2024 NHL Playoffs Around the League

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
It's been speculated for a while that McDavid is playing hurt, he's been refusing to shoot the puck a lot. If he's not hurt then he'll deserve some criticism for his performance in the finals.

Where have Draisaitl and Bouchard gone? Hyman? They aren't even noticeable out there.

Hard to be noticed when the other team plays an even better version of defense than what we had under BT . . . this style of play by the Panthers is as close to what we saw in our dynasty years as I've seen. Forecheck you to death, come back into center ice and disrupt, stand up on the blueline, support in the defensive zone.

And then you have to get through the hot goalie. It's almost unfair.

It's like fighting through WW1 trench warfare if you are the opposition.

Reactions: NYI365

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
The first goal by Reinhart was a thing of beauty, but not in the fancy way. Obviously Barkov creates it, then Forsling is patient, show faith Reinhart is going to get his stick free, and sends a perfect pass. Reinhart wins his battle, and scores. Just gorgeous.

Bouchard was schooled and too soft twice on that goal too. First he allowed the Barkov poke check at the blue line, then didn't eliminate Barkov as he angled him towards the wall and that allowed him to recover the puck and get it to Forsling. You can't win if you're playing soft like that.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Hard to be noticed when the other team plays an even better version of defense than what we had under BT . . . this style of play by the Panthers is as close to what we saw in our dynasty years as I've seen. Forecheck you to death, come back into center ice and disrupt, stand up on the blueline, support in the defensive zone.

Yup, never had the privilege of seeing those days, but the Cats are a three-zone machine.

Reactions: leeroggy

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.

The only thing that the Isles of the Dynasty years were better at was the PP.
Hard Forcheck, Disruption in the Neutral Zone and Standing Up at the Blueline nearly every game.
I remember the Isles PK having Killed Like 40 of 41 Kills in a row during the Playoff Runs too.
They were a MACHINE....

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
tough tough league to play in, then try to win a cup vrs the best of the best playing their best?
It's been speculated for a while that McDavid is playing hurt, he's been refusing to shoot the puck a lot. If he's not hurt then he'll deserve some criticism for his performance in the finals.

Where have Draisaitl and Bouchard gone? Hyman? They aren't even noticeable out there

The only thing that the Isles of the Dynasty years were better at was the PP.
Hard Forcheck, Disruption in the Neutral Zone and Standing Up at the Blueline nearly every game.
I remember the Isles PK having Killed Like 40 of 41 Kills in a row during the Playoff Runs too.
They were a MACHINE....
Goosebumps, I was a rug rat 9-10-11-12 year old arrogant my team is the best kinda snot nose kid rubbing it all in the ranger fans parents faces I knew....LGI

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
IMG_7482.jpeg

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
have a feeling tonight the Oilers might just pull a Dallas Mavs kind of game.
If you’re Florida you can’t f*** around. Oilers should be desperate beyond measure. Florida needs to weather the storm and stick to their game. Should be a crazy game

Reactions: MJF

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
It's remarkable how much Barkov is like Trottier
I feel like I'm watching a sequel in style and they even see the game the same way

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad