2024 NHL Playoffs Around the League

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
Hmmm...think game 5 it ends....but hell, would love to see it go 7 as that last game would be beyond intense.

Overall, last night, i did not see a whole lot different from Edmonton. Really saw a lot less from Florida.

Wish it were not another three days till a game.

Reactions: Big L and MJF

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Hmmm...think game 5 it ends....but hell, would love to see it go 7 as that last game would be beyond intense.

Overall, last night, i did not see a whole lot different from Edmonton. Really saw a lot less from Florida.

Once again, as I say every year! Stanley Cup games played in June is Nuckn Futz Stoopid! I just don't understand why the NHL never responds to that exact comment, when I make it every year!

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Once again, as I say every year! Stanley Cup games played in June is Nuckn Futz Stoopid! I just don't understand why the NHL never responds to that exact comment, when I make it every year!

I understand it will never happen because of the weather BUT during COVID when hockey was going on in August it was awesome. There would be nothing to compete with aside from the dead months of baseball. It would give them a solid month before football starts and like 3 months before baseball begins.

Like I said it will never happen but it would allow the regular season to end sooner and the season would not have to compete with any other sports really.

Reactions: Bones45

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017

Apparently they had a hart time getting into Edmonton, but were able to keep it together for game 3. Florida's D just hung Bob out to dry, and it snowballed. The only way this becomes a series is if Bob somehow loses confidence. He shouldn't - it wasn't his doing. I don't really care about who wins this series, but form *him* I'd like that not to happen mostly because when he's on he's so much fun to watch. I don't think the D will play that badly in game 5 at home.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I understand it will never happen because of the weather BUT during COVID when hockey was going on in August it was awesome. There would be nothing to compete with aside from the dead months of baseball. It would give them a solid month before football starts and like 3 months before baseball begins.

Like I said it will never happen but it would allow the regular season to end sooner and the season would not have to compete with any other sports really.

Love this -- 100% -- longer it goes into Summer, the less waiting we have for our miserable team to start playing again. LOL.. Its like they are trying to ween us off hockey with these extra days between games..

"Oh -- no hockey till tomrrow? I guess Ill watch some baseball.. zzzzzzzzzzz"

Reactions: YearlyLottery

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I think so much of it relates to the sports vs entertainment seasons at arenas. There's too many reason$ it's this way.

(This also relates to hockey happening later in the summer. There is lots that hockey competes with, and that did not apply during COVID. Entertainment and other uses can be huge money makers for arenas, and scheduling certainty is key).

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
JFC they really drag out this intro crap. Just play the fvcking game already

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Barkov and Tarasenko both look like shit tonight. Panthers are handling the puck like a live grenade, skating into each other. WTF?

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I feel as if next goal wins here. Florida always gets better as the game goes on it seems. If Edmonton doesn’t put the foot down here I think this might gradually get away from them

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
i do not know......this looked a lot like the first period last game....just 1-0 though. Florida needs to kink it into a higher gear.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I feel as if next goal wins here. Florida always gets better as the game goes on it seems. If Edmonton doesn’t put the foot down here I think this might gradually get away from them
You’re probably right. Now it’s up to Skinner to stay in the zone.

The Oilers are flying now.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Im-Not-Dead-Yet-Monty-Python.jpg

PolishPrince21

Mar 4, 2015
LI
if Florida can’t win it I’ll actually feel sorry for them because in no way would I ever want that happening to us going up 3-0 in the finals and losing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad