2024 NHL Playoffs Around the League

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
If I am the Panthers, I am BEGGING the Oilers to just shit themselves. Florida was so mad in game 5, but McDavid prevailed in the end. You know I think its absolutely funny how the Panthers looked so good at first against McDavid, but the dam broke in game 3.

If the Oilers win game 6, then I would argue that they win the finals. They just look completely different.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
fun game to watch. Just a huge mountain to climb out from under 3-0. The Oilers showing guts to get off the mat. Looking for Dra to stop ghosting in this series however.

Reactions: MJF

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Somewhere along the way I think the Oilers will wear down from the frenetic pace they've had to play at. Will that be when the Panthers are able to pull themselves up? Right now the Panthers mostly look like they're skating in 2nd gear compared to the Oilers flying in 5th gear.

fun game to watch. Just a huge mountain to climb out from under 3-0. The Oilers showing guts to get off the mat. Looking for Dra to stop ghosting in this series however.
I don't know about Draisaitl, but I'm enjoying watching McDavid perform the way he has under the brightest lights.

Reactions: mm11 and Osakahaus

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Somewhere along the way I think the Oilers will wear down from the frenetic pace they've had to play at. Will that be when the Panthers are able to pull themselves up? Right now the Panthers mostly look like they're skating in 2nd gear compared to the Oilers flying in 5th gear.

I don't know about Draisaitl, but I'm enjoying watching McDavid perform the way he has under the brightest lights.
Yes… Florida is so solid. I’m just waiting for McJesus to finally find some space and make peoples mouths drop.

It’s coming. Hopefully Friday.

And as much as he is a toolbag, man, is Tkachuck good. That sliding “save” he made at the end was worthy of a standing O, even in a losing cause. Fantastic moment.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
I understand it will never happen because of the weather BUT during COVID when hockey was going on in August it was awesome. There would be nothing to compete with aside from the dead months of baseball. It would give them a solid month before football starts and like 3 months before baseball begins.

Like I said it will never happen but it would allow the regular season to end sooner and the season would not have to compete with any other sports really.
Paradoxically, I also agree with you on that matter. I loved bubble hockey. Even started to think at that time when things got back to normal... the whole going to the beach in the morning than catching playoff hockey in the evening would be awesome.

With me it's more the length of the season is being dragged out and the playoffs start to lose steam. Also late Spring into Summer is such an odd time of the year (for me anyway). With schools winding down, celebrations (Weddings, Baptisms etc.) conflicting with important games. I just feel that the playoffs get lost in everyday life.

But a Hockey season kicking off around the Holiday season Thanksgiving - New Years time frame and ending in August, may actually work in many ways too. You can highlight the connection of Hockey/Winter/Holidays and end it without competing against other main sporting events. Also won't compete with the NFL regular season.

Last edited:

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Yes… Florida is so solid. I’m just waiting for McJesus to finally find some space and make peoples mouths drop.
He did it on Perry's goal. Didn't need any space to set that one up.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Paradoxically, I also agree with you on that matter. I loved bubble hockey. Even started to think at that time when things got back to normal... the whole going to the beach in the morning than catching playoff hockey in the evening would be awesome.

With me it's more the length of the season is being dragged out and the playoffs start to lose steam. Also late Spring into Summer is such an odd time of the year (for me anyway). With schools winding down, celebrations (Weddings, Baptisms etc.) conflicting with important games. I just feel that the playoffs get lost in everyday life.

But a Hockey season kicking off around the Holiday season Thanksgiving - New Years time frame and ending in August May actually work in many ways too. You can highlight the connection of Hockey/Winter/Holidays and end it without competing against other main sporting events. Also won't compete with the NFL regular season.

This would be an idea as well. August is a month I am surprised that post COVID the NHL nor NBA decided to take the leap for.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Florida gotta set the tone tonight. Give their balls a tug. Get their identity back.

Reactions: MJF

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Draisaitl shows up and makes a great pass for the first goal of the game. Foegele with a nice recovery to make himself an option.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Aaron Ekblad is trash. Always was, always will be.

Some say him being a top pick in his draft means he's a cornerstone piece for the Panthers and the only reason they're up 3-2 in the series.

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
Sorry, my Hatred for Edmonton runs back to 1983 1984 and to 1994 Stranger/Oilers.
I cannot root for them ever.
I'm an old School Eastern Conference Guy, Let the East Dominate FOREVER!

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
The way Florida has played these past 3 games is honestly embarrassing. I dont understand what happened to that team in these past three games. It is almost like they actually want to blow a 3-0 lead and lose the cup. Everything they were doing through the first three rounds and first three games in this series has gone away. Where is the forecheck, the grittiness, the physical play, the puck possession and cycling that had the Rags and bruins penned in for long stretches of time constantly.
This Edmonton team is so mid. They have 2 great players and 2-3 other really good players. And one of the great players has zero goals in the finals. How they might be about to win the cup, let alone do it by coming back from 3-0 down is beyond my comprehension looking at that team.

Reactions: Crashsunday and Lek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad