GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Do the Avs trade #24 or Make a selection?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
NHL was supposed to get rid of this centralized draft format, right? There have been some whispers, that the feedback from this draft at the Sphere has been so positive that the NHL is reconsidering. Let's hope. Wouldn't mind if they hold it in the Sphere every year.

I suppose the Sabres made one last push to find a trade at the draft, couldn't find any

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
He's so bad.
Agreed on Dreger being bad, but a lot of people don't know this rule and just think that as long as the team has the original rights, they have the 8th year. Wouldn't be surprised if not even all GMs know/remember this.

"Zadorov and OEL" + "Prime targets" in the same sentence, what a world to live in

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Overall fine with the draft, they picked up probably the best goalie available in this draft, 2 more goalies since our goalie pool is terrible. Also fine with the trading down they did, more shots to hit on a player or 2 with how bad we draft outside the top 10.

Happy Frankie is joining the Avs in some capacity, great guy to keep with the organization.

I’m glad the NHL is reconsidering getting away from the centralized draft. I hate the idea of a remote draft.

I also think Colton is still very much on the table. I think he’s gone by Monday.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
IMG_9753.jpeg

Welcome to Denver.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Agreed on Dreger being bad, but a lot of people don't know this rule and just think that as long as the team has the original rights, they have the 8th year. Wouldn't be surprised if not even all GMs know/remember this.

"Zadorov and OEL" + "Prime targets" in the same sentence, what a world to live in

Tanev, OEL and Zadorov, what a stacked blue line! Too bad this isn't 2014

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Wait, wasn't Leenders supposed to be one of the top goalies in the class? How did he fall to the 7th, and why did the Avs think Cloutier and Yunin were better bets in the 5th?
2-3 years tops with CHLers, look at how many top NHL goalers last season came from the CHL. Very few.

With Cloutier and Yunin, you're getting them for 4-5 years and a better chance for development. That's why Avs predominately picked the majority of everyone in this draft from the USHL.

Reactions: McMetal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad