GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Do the Avs trade #24 or Make a selection?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
"Give Curran a bit of space, and he’ll find the best play. He spots the quick pass to a teammate with speed, and also stretches possessions to wait for a teammate to get free, deceiving the process. Though he leans playmaking, he knows when to fire, delay, or make a simple play and get open for the return pass."

Ok, so he knows how to pass the puck and how to receive a pass.

f*** me we are cooked.

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
Dont think we were moving colton for picks in this draft so dont think anything has changed. Id say when free agency officially starts, thats when we likely are keeping him

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
Tory Pitner.
Defensive RHD going to DU.

From one of the three (!?!) draft gurus on the Devils board:

47. RD Tory Pitner, Youngstown USHL
I call him “The King of Calm” for his unique ability to make calm and savvy plays with and without the puck regardless of the amount of pressure against him. He might lack elite physical tools but his in-game understanding and on-ice awareness are as good as they come. I give him an extremely high chance of becoming a reliable 3rd pairing guy at the NHL level.

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
"Pitner’s focus on honing the details of defence is visible every game. Sound positioning, perfectly timed pokes, overpowering physicality, and sneaky tie-ups make him a strong defender in every facet. Off the rush, he locks opponents to the outside by aggressively taking the middle, then slingshotting across for the stop."

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
With how the draft has played out I kinda wish we'd have just stuck at 24 and picked one of Beaudoin,Chernyshov, Greentree, Vanacker etc.

The only encouraging pick appears to be Nabokov
If Beaudoin becomes a decent NHLer and the Avs picks don't make it that's going to suck because he's the guy they should have picked at that position and he's the guy that Utah picked at that position.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
What makes you think that is likely?

A plethora of reasons quite frankly.

- CMacs presser last night being the strongest indicator.
- The fact we haven't traded him yet, with the 2024 draft being over that was obviously the most ideal window to move him for a futures based return.
- The fact the Avs moved down a number of times in the draft to get additional draft picks.
- And quite frankly the smoke has died off with his name the last couple of days.

Plenty of things pointing towards the Avs deciding to keep Colton, and likely weren't able to find common ground with Drouin.

Obviously it's not for certain and things could still change. But we're also less then 48 hours away now. So time is certainly running out.

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
"Humphreys is always positioned in the right spot. He racks up the touches by staying inside space in the offensive zone and perfectly timed reloading routes in transition. He meticulously breaks down opposing defences by slowing down, deceiving, and waiting for his target to pop free before connecting with a precise long-range pass. A disruptive defensive game and steals on the forecheck round out his game."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad