GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Do the Avs trade #24 or Make a selection?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
Chris Peters on Humphreys:

An intelligent, creative center, Humphreys lacks size and strength at this point but he has the hockey sense and playmaking ability to one day find his way into the lineup. He’s competitive enough, but probably needs a little more grit to his game to carve out a role. I think his hand skills and passing ability show higher-level offensive skill that will be enhanced by strength and development over time.

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

The Puckhound

Jan 24, 2019
If Beaudoin becomes a decent NHLer and the Avs picks don't make it that's going to suck because he's the guy they should have picked at that position and he's the guy that Utah picked at that position.
Agreed, didn't have CHL tv this year so didn't have the chance to watch him but it seems like he would've been a great pickup. Every scouting outlet described him as the prototypical playoff warrior type and him and Ritchie would have been a good combo to bolster our depth at C

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
A plethora of reasons quite frankly.

- CMacs presser last night being the strongest indicator.
- The fact we haven't traded him yet, with the 2024 draft being over that was obviously the most ideal window to move him for a futures based return.
- The fact the Avs moved down a number of times in the draft to get additional draft picks.
- And quite frankly the smoke has died off with his name the last couple of days.
I do think if someone wants to give futures for Colton, it would be for future drafts when teams have set up for this year. And I don't think that CMac presser means they are not trying with Drouin.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Definitely a huge change in philosophy with Harris in charge. Three goalers seem wack, I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt even if three seem WAY too much and with back-to-back picks. Not my cup of tea, especially in a below-average goaler class, but we have lacked goalers for the past ten years and it somehow exploded all here lol.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Keep in mind, it's not going to be a +35 contract with Tanev, right? So even if they sign him for 8 years and frontload the f*** out of it to keep the AAV down, they are not going to get punished when he retires before the contract is up.

Or they just LTIRetire him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad