GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft - Round 1 - June 28th - 7 P.M. / Round 2-7 - June 29th - 11 A.M

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
I have a feeling Sennecke will be drafted by the Devils or he will go in the top 6 or 7 and it will be the first "suprise" pick of the Draft.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
I have a feeling Sennecke will be drafted by the Devils or he will go in the top 6 or 7 and it will be the first "suprise" pick of the Draft.

Pronman has Sennecke linked as high as 3 to the Ducks, though he still has them picking Silayev in his mock:

A lot of people in the NHL noticed when Pat Verbeek was following around Oshawa winger Beckett Sennecke in North Bay late in the season. He is often the name mentioned here by other teams as the potential “surprise” in the top five even though that name has become less of a surprise in the draft lead-up. Maybe if they trade Trevor Zegras before the draft Sennecke comes more into play.

Ultimately, he mocks him to Ottawa at 7:

As we’ve gotten closer to the draft the Sennecke hype train has continued to chug along. I think it’s gotten a bit over the top for a player who didn’t have an amazing regular season and has some minor attitude questions among teams, but he’s super talented and I get the top 10 case for sure. Around No. 7 it starts to become more of a serious conversation for Ottawa even if it would prefer a defenseman. Sennecke is one of the premium talents in the draft with true game-breaking ability. I’ve heard Ottawa linked to Dickinson and Carter Yakemchuk as well. I don’t see the Senators choosing Demidov or Silayev if available to them.

Reactions: Guadana

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Long weekend started, draft tonight, free agency Monday. Let's ride

View attachment 888451
IMG_4866.jpeg

Reactions: My3Sons and Guadana

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
I don’t know if I’ve ever heard such bipolar opinions of a prospect as Sennecke.

I really don’t know what to think

Yeah same here. I have read that he is being overhyped but should be a mid first pick.

I wouldn’t mind trading back to pick up a second. I would have done the trade Buffalo did with San Jose

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
And you know. Lundell is Stanley Cup champion. Perfetti most likely will never be as Jets player.

That's unfair, he might as well be if the Jets had Barkov, Tkachuk, Reinhart, Forsling etc.

But I'm obviously a big fan of Lundell and remember being one of the few here with him in the top10 pre draft. He only had 3 playoff goals and a negative takeaway/giveaway ratio, but otherwise had a positive impact defensively, 56% corsi and lead their forwards in +- with +8. Sure you can argue that he had easier matchups in the third line and that +- is a poor stat to evaluate individuals, but still A piece in their SC victory. Would replacing him with Perfetti made a difference, I don't know, who knows what kinda player Perfetti would be in the Panthers system and coaching.

That said I think Perfetti has been underutilized and has only scratched the surface of his potential. I truly expect him to be a ppg player in his prime.

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
Pronman has Sennecke linked as high as 3 to the Ducks, though he still has them picking Silayev in his mock:

A lot of people in the NHL noticed when Pat Verbeek was following around Oshawa winger Beckett Sennecke in North Bay late in the season. He is often the name mentioned here by other teams as the potential “surprise” in the top five even though that name has become less of a surprise in the draft lead-up. Maybe if they trade Trevor Zegras before the draft Sennecke comes more into play.

Ultimately, he mocks him to Ottawa at 7:

As we’ve gotten closer to the draft the Sennecke hype train has continued to chug along. I think it’s gotten a bit over the top for a player who didn’t have an amazing regular season and has some minor attitude questions among teams, but he’s super talented and I get the top 10 case for sure. Around No. 7 it starts to become more of a serious conversation for Ottawa even if it would prefer a defenseman. Sennecke is one of the premium talents in the draft with true game-breaking ability. I’ve heard Ottawa linked to Dickinson and Carter Yakemchuk as well. I don’t see the Senators choosing Demidov or Silayev if available to them.
That’s sounds like Ottawa’s theme song.

MBN, Konsta-craving, 🍒yov, Hage-pauge, and Stian the Man for me. Based on minutes and minutes of tape and research.

In all seriousness, I want to see a plan, a vision for this draft and the offseason. I wish Fitz was more of a Jimmy Johnson/Howie Roseman pick trader type (not sure of any NHL comparisons). I think he’s been a solid GM so far but if he showed a proclivity to move around a bit more and gain picks while making some more smart hockey trades would be sweet.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Sennecke reads like a worse version of Catton from what I can see, what are the red flags on him? @Guadana @StevenToddIves
Catton is smaller, Sennecke is bigger.
Sennecke is way more physical.

Catton is better positional player, better defensive player - he isnt your guy to win puck battle but he will not miss his zone.
Catton is better and more active skater, he is moving all over the ice much more, he see the ice better.

Sennecke has as good puckhandling but I think (even if Im skeptical little bit about full translation) he has better tools for puckhandling at least because of puck protection. Catton is better skater but not on the level of Jack Hughes/Connor McDavid to make most of this dangles on NHL level.

Catton is better playmaker, he see the ice much better, he is scanning and not focusing on specific partner.
Overall I like Catton much more, I think he has better vision, and its easier for him to work on his legs and puckbattles than working on skating for Sennecke and develop his ice vision.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
That's unfair, he might as well be if the Jets had Barkov, Tkachuk, Reinhart, Forsling etc.

But I'm obviously a big fan of Lundell and remember being one of the few here with him in the top10 pre draft. He only had 3 playoff goals and a negative takeaway/giveaway ratio, but otherwise had a positive impact defensively, 56% corsi and lead their forwards in +- with +8. Sure you can argue that he had easier matchups in the third line and that +- is a poor stat to evaluate individuals, but still A piece in their SC victory. Would replacing him with Perfetti made a difference, I don't know, who knows what kinda player Perfetti would be in the Panthers system and coaching.

That said I think Perfetti has been underutilized and has only scratched the surface of his potential. I truly expect him to be a ppg player in his prime.
Yeah, exactly. Lets think this way. If he would be drafted by Florida. Would he? Lundell was important part in different situations. Perfetti would not handle this job. And it would be huge loss for Florida to change Lundell for Perfetti.

Again, I think Prefetti has real potential to be 60-80 points player. Again I would prefer 45-50 points Lundeel as third line center. If I have an option to draft better skating and faster version of Lundell with better shot - I will not think twice. If I have an option to draft smaller but more creative version of Lundell with better speed - he would be still my preference. If we are talking about faster, better skating version of Lundell with much better puckhandling but with 80% of positional vision of Lundell - still would prefer him over Perfetti.

I think Catton is better skater than Perfetti. Its little bit unfair. But Perfetti still is a better shooter. And I think his hands was faster overall. But skating part is on the Catton side and I think he has better two way potential.

And again - Catton isnt my "do not draft" pick. I would like him. I just like some other prospects more.

QuizGuy66

Sep 12, 2011
If Demidov falls to 9 and we still have our pick im sprinting over to the cgy table to make a deal

Offer Markstrom 50% retained ;)

(J/k but would that be allowed can you trade a guy back to a team and retain on him?)

Anyway I would think Fitz will end up using the whole clock. If big names slide I think it strengthens out trade hand a bit unless it is a guy that Fitz absolutely is blown away by.

Enjoying the suspense.

Reactions: Captain3rdLine

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Assuming Buium or Dickinson don’t fall, I believe it’s going to come down to Helenius vs MBN. I prefer MBN by a fairly significant margin but I won’t be disappointed if the pick is Helenius.

Who would you guys select between the two?

These are the four players I’d be most happy to get with the pick. They won’t all be there at 10, but at least one should be.

CalamityX23

May 2, 2023
Kinda fell for MBN so yea..... i'm on the brink of MBN or bust lol.......

obvi other certain players were to fall, it be understandable for me....

but i'm getting a bit nervous we're not gonna draft the right guy for us lol

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
I get that everyone likes Nygard and he fills a need (neither of which I necessarily disagree with). I just don’t think the FO approaches the draft that way. I expect them to go BPA even if that player is a defenseman or center.

I could see a guy like Dickinson falling and being our pick.
I don’t like Dickinson much but I agree. Don’t think MBN is all that likely to be the pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad