Speculation: Offseason Roster Moves

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I really don't know what to think of this offseason yet.

None of these moves creates any extra cap space for Marchy. I am really starting to believe he walks on Monday.

So where will that leave us? Hoping that Holtz can figure it out and replace Marchys production?

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I really don't know what to think of this offseason yet.

None of these moves creates any extra cap space for Marchy. I am really starting to believe he walks on Monday.

So where will that leave us? Hoping that Holtz can figure it out and replace Marchys production?

If Guentzel is really going to Tampa then maybe they could swing Stamkos as a cheaper than Marchessault replacement, judging by the numbers being thrown around for each.

Still would mean Theodore would have to be traded but I'm sure they could get another good young forward piece back for him, as well.

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
I’ll miss Cotter, but maybe Holtz becomes a player that makes that not sting. I’ll miss Thompson, but apparently it was agreed upon by both LT & KM. As for Schmid, he’s a big bodied goalie, so maybe the system here will work for him as it seems to for bigger goalies. Akira memes are a plus.

Connelly could have been drafted as a punching bag for Kolesar for all I care.

I’m concerned about resigning Marchessault, the oddly “rudderless” feel this offseason has.

Reactions: Haguerbomb

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
As long as we don't sign Stephenson or spend big and bring in Mariner I'm okay with them trying to get younger and use this year to set up future runs more than go all out.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Think I'm finally going to get my Tarasenko wish. Didn't want it to happen like this though. Should have given Marchie that deal. By the end of that contract our window will be closed anyways.

Reactions: WhataKnight

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
With no 2025 1st round pick, i am sure as hell not okay with doing that.
Vegas will still be a premium UFA destination next year, with the cap continuing to grow and our pro scouts proven ability to find good value deals I'd trust that more than overspending right now.

Although the Marchessault deal is only questionable for the fifth year and we could have signed it, I still think he probably has already played the two best seasons and postseasons he will ever have.

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Gutted by losing Marchy. He was more than just goals on this team. He was a leader on the ice and seemed like our best locker room guy left.

I get that it was bad term for the team. I get that their core philosophy seems to be to deal out older guys to avoid bad term. But I disagree with their assessment of what they lost here. I think Marchy was worth signing into 40 yo. The guy never gets hurt and his game is well adapted to longevity. Think he still would have been a solid 3rd line contributor by the end of the term.

I could swallow losing all the other misfits along the way. This one is really tough.

Godspeed Marchy! I hope you tear it up in Nashville and hope you don't burn us too badly when next we meet.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 8
    Staked: $30,350.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00