GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft - Round 1 - June 28th - 7 P.M. / Round 2-7 - June 29th - 11 A.M

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
Don't know if this was discussed, but for all you Brandsegg-Nygård fans, is it concerning that Bob McKenzie had him all the way down #17? Isn't his ranking some sort of average of NHL scouts and has been scary accurate more than not. Could this mean it's unlikely that MBN gets picked at #10 and should there be concerns that people who do this for a living at the highest level have him so low?

The player type, playstyle and perceived skills and strenghts is just so perfect for Devils.

Anyway if we expect Celebrini, Levshunov, Demidov and Lindstrom to be gone, my wishlist is as follows..

Tier1:
Brandsegg-Nygård, Buium, Catton, Dickinson

Tier2:
Eiserman, Hage, Helenius, Iginla, Silayev

Tier3:
Chernyshov, Emery, Parekh, Sennecke, Solberg, Yakemchuk

Tier4:
The rest

Reactions: My3Sons

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Kinda fell for MBN so yea..... i'm on the brink of MBN or bust lol.......

obvi other certain players were to fall, it be understandable for me....

but i'm getting a bit nervous we're not gonna draft the right guy for us lol
Even if Im the first and biggest fan of Nygard, this draft is good. Dont worry about this pick. Other players are interesting and very talented. But I understand your feeling. Its talent, smarts, skating, two way game, shot and huge fit in the same time.

I get that everyone likes Nygard and he fills a need (neither of which I necessarily disagree with). I just don’t think the FO approaches the draft that way. I expect them to go BPA even if that player is a defenseman or center.

I could see a guy like Dickinson falling and being our pick.
I believe most of us will be very happy with Dickinson pick.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Don't know if this was discussed, but for all you Brandsegg-Nygård fans, is it concerning that Bob McKenzie had him all the way down #17? Isn't his ranking some sort of average of NHL scouts and has been scary accurate more than not. Could this mean it's unlikely that MBN gets picked at #10 and should there be concerns that people who do this for a living at the highest level have him so low?

The player type, playstyle and perceived skills and strenghts is just so perfect for Devils.

Anyway if we expect Celebrini, Levshunov, Demidov and Lindstrom to be gone, my wishlist is as follows..

Tier1:

Tier2:

Tier3:

Tier4:
The rest
Its life. Doesnt mean Bob is right about potential. It doesnt work this way. But we should be ready Fitz will not draft Nygard. Me personally. Im not waiting it, I think Fitz will draft Iginla or Sennecke or Helenius.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

Tier1:

Tier2:

Tier3:

Tier4:
The rest
McKenzie had Seider at about that ranking. I think there is a bit of bias against players from non-traditional hockey backgrounds.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Isn't his ranking some sort of average of NHL scouts and has been scary accurate more than not. Could this mean it's unlikely that MBN gets picked at #10
Yes this is what I was saying the other day. It’s unlikely they have him high enough to take. It’s possible but not that likely they have him around 6 or 7 in their rankings.

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
McKenzie had Seider at about that ranking. I think there is a bit of bias against players from non-traditional hockey backgrounds.
Doesnt mean Bob is right about potential.

I mean it's not Bob, but the NHL scouts, so there should be more weight on it. And the main point I was trying to make was not if he's good or not, but what are the odds he gets picked by Fitz or anyone in top15 if majority of the NHL scouts think he's outside top15?

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
The even less likely Norwegian player that I would love for us to take (assuming no Buium) is left handed defensemen Solberg.

Really good skater, good puck handler, pretty good shot, good puck mover, and he’s great defensively and one of the most physical prospects you’ll find.

Would be the perfect compliment to Nemec, Luke, and maybe Casey and others. Slavin type potential and he could be pretty good offensively.

Ranked too low and doesn’t get talked about enough IMO.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I mean it's not Bob, but the NHL scouts, so there should be more weight on it. And the main point I was trying to make was not if he's good or not, but what are the odds he gets picked by Fitz or anyone in top15 if majority of the NHL scouts think he's outside top15?
The answer was in the post. It is reasonable to wait another player to draft by the Devils.

Anyway we dont know what kind of scouts Bob asks. Head scouts? Or one of the regular scouts. How many? 32? or 16? or ten?

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
What is the difference in roles between Mark Dennehy and Paul Castron?

1719592401416.png

I thought that Castron was "the guy" for a number of years after coming over from Columbus, but seems that Dennehy has surpassed him in the pecking order, right? Or was there someone else in the "Chief Scout" role before him.

Who ultimately has the final say (besides Fitz) on the picks?

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Ducks have Mintyukov and Zellweger on the left. Risky pick.
Yeah that's what I thought too but I could see Zellweger becoming trade bait for them and the odds at +400 were worth a shot lol. It went up to +355 now so who knows

Draftkings has Silayev and Sennecke with higher odds for the Ducks (I think Seravelli implied Sennecke for them) but 2 of the 3 are LHD so I guess we'll see

Reactions: Guadana

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Strong feeling Fitz will draft for need and leave the bpa on the board. It's never a good strategy but every seems like so many teams do it.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
10 head scouts is a big amount of head scouts but still very random thing.
Ya I don’t know if it’s actually 10 head scouts but I do remember having this conversation in a past year and it had been referenced at least a portion of them being head scouts.

Regardless of who it is exactly it’s the most accurate predictor of where guys will go.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 8
    Staked: $30,350.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00