GDT: 2024 Free Agency - July 1st - 12 P.M.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
McGroarty wants out. We're trading from a position of strength. They're not going to get full value for him.

Unless McGroarty pulls a Fox/Erixon and only wants to play for one team, Calgary dealt Erixon right before they were about to lose his rights in 2011 while Carolina dealt Fox after his junior year. Winnipeg should have a few suitors and still has a bit of time.

Philly got okay-ish value for Gauthier (Drysdale + 2nd). I feel like other teams would be able to top a Casey centered offer.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
1719937745582.png

damn. Would be okay to sign him on this deal. He isnt 200 foot player but still could rebound.

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Pretty hilarious Tampa signed Hedman to the same contract Stamkos got from Nashville

Yeah dunno what was going on there, but Tampa fans on the whole are pretty pissed off about what happened with Stamkos. I peeked on their forum last night and they were ready with the pitchforks for JBB GM, over the situation. They felt they could fit both Stamkos and guentzel and instead only got guentzel.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
I would imagine NJ has seen plenty of mcgroarty just by keeping up with Casey

Pretty easy for Tampa

You get the younger and better player in guentzel

Sdevils42

Nov 30, 2016
Yeah dunno what was going on there, but Tampa fans on the whole are pretty pissed off about what happened with Stamkos. I peeked on their forum last night and they were ready with the pitchforks for JBB GM, over the situation. They felt they could fit both Stamkos and guentzel and instead only got guentzel.

Emotionally as a fan it's gotta be tough but imo the right move. Everyone cites the Stammer's stat line last year in this discussion. 40/41/81, very solid year. What they forget to mention is 39 of those were PP points and he skated to a -21.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I didn't even realize Skjei went to Nashville also.

What they just did is the definition of ''Building through free agency''.

That reminded me of something the Rangers used to do. Especially in the pre-salary cap days.

They actually gave Marchessault a 5 year deal? He's a lot older than he seems.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So what exactly is the Yzerplan now?
What dumb UFA contract did he sign this year? I didn't even see.

But there's at least one every year.

Oh, I guess I see what you're talking about.

I highly doubt the plan is to play Jack Campbell in the NHL unless one of their two other goalies are injured. I think they still have both Husso and Lyon, right? They may go with the 3 goalie system they had last year though, but I'd have to think Campbell is third on the depth chart.

Husso is probably nearly as bad as Campbell is though. What a one hit wonder he was. His first year in St. Louis was as bad as every other year, so it's not like I couldn't see that coming. Which is why I said to steer clear in 2022. He got about a million more per year than Vitek did.

Reactions: My3Sons and glenwo2

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I wouldn't completely hate Tatar back, but I wouldn't expect him to be particularly useful like he was 2 years ago.

Maybe he did sign Mercer quickly, just to know for sure what else we'd have to work with cap wise.

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad