GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft Part TWO: Rounds 2-7 | Sat. June 29, 11:30 a.m. | SN1, TVA Sports

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
I don't get it...so if we agree that most players will never see the NHL...how about you pick in order to fill your AHL team. That will make your better prospect better? Nobody sees what Pierrick Dubé did in the playoffs this year? Why not Poirier? Why not DesRuisseaux? At this point?
Those players are dime a dozen, not too hard to sign in FA tbh

Reactions: Redux91

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
People getting pissy about the lack of Q picks. Maybe instead of directing anger at the scouting staff direct it at the league itself that only has 11 players taken in 146 picks so far. Every year it seems to get more and more sad.

It’s not the habs duty to draft midgets that can’t skate as charity cases.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
John Whipple. Wow. That name.
whip-cool-whip.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Seb

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Poirier and Misa both have stand out tools that could get them to the NHL. They’ve shown year over year progression and battle on the ice. They have their ticket. By the 5th round, I just wouldn’t over think it - even if their size limits them to the AHL.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
And from simply acting like a decent human being he gets these kids to give real responses and share information they normally don’t do compared to the typical questions 95% of journalists ask.
Sure, I could agree to that. It does serves a purpose. Problem is he present himself as a journalist, which he is not.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Poirier and Misa both have stand out tools that could get them to the NHL. They’ve shown year over year progression and battle on the ice. They have their ticket. By the 5th round, I just wouldn’t over think it - even if their size limits them to the AHL.
Poirier issue is not size, it’s skating and it’s compete level on the ice. Think Joshua Roy during his draft.

And yes I would have drafted him but just saying there are reasons he is not picked yet

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Yes? He'd have been a fine pickup in the 6th, if he were still available, as a potential bottom-pairing guy. They essentially left players with more upside on the board, when they could have taken a similar type of player later.

Get over yourself, you are not a scout and know next to nothing about Protz and these ridiculous comments almost never age well.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Poirier issue is not size, it’s skating and it’s compete level on the ice. Think Joshua Roy during his draft.

And yes I would have drafted him but just saying there are reasons he is not picked yet
That's an odd assessment. His skating isn't anything amazing but it's good at the Q level. Compete-wise I think you're totally off the mark there, he's a dog.

newdimension

May 18, 2013
Since the 2nd round I believe there are only 3 players drafted under 5'11"
Size is definitely back on the menu. Wouldn't shock me at all to see guys such as Justin Poirier and Mac Swanson go undrafted att his rate. Even defenders such as Tomas Galvas (5'10") and Mitja Jokinen (5'11"), who both looked good at tournaments this year seem to have dropped.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
5.9 kid just got drafted. All the big goys are gone. Poirier will come out soon.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad