GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft Part TWO: Rounds 2-7 | Sat. June 29, 11:30 a.m. | SN1, TVA Sports

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I haven’t watched him or read about him much. What can you tell me on him? I’ve seen some people say that he is nothing like his dad; perimeter player and only has his name for himself

That's not my read. He really took off developmentally this year. He's got a great shot (a shooter vs play maker like his dad) and there's some soft hands. He's bigger than his dad, too.

Could become a budget Lehkonen

Reactions: Rockomax

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
What are some hyped up names for the reminder of the draft so I can watch some highlights?

Preferably goalies and RH defensive defenseman.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Would like to see us go big-body bottom 6 C in the later rounds. Defensive game, physicality, energy would all be great.

Maybe I'm too old school but we seems to have a lot of average height/size player in the bottom C department (Beck, Evans, Hage, Kapanen, Newhook to an extend).

A Nicolas Roy/less offensive Brock Nelson type of center. Or a Kevin Hayes type of bottom 6 W.

edit: just looking at stats and NHL central ranking prospect I like:

Keiron Walton (6'6 211 pounds C 43 points in 65 games in the OHL)
Adam Jecho (6'5 201 pounds RHC 47 points in 54 games in the OHL).

Last edited:

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
What are some hyped up names for the reminder of the draft so I can watch some highlights?

Preferably goalies and RH defensive defenseman.
Was not as hype on Chernyshov as the consensus but he looks like a very good pick in the 2nd round. Similarly don t sleep on Artamanov. Raoul Boilard is also a forward I d pay attention to (from few highlights an reads though).

In terms of Ds, Badinka still on the board, as big RHD, I don t know TOR s guy but was surprised Badinka (also Elick) was passed on. Freij is a lefty smooth skater, long road ahead if he makes it to the NHL but I hear some rankings were high on him. Eliasson, 6‘7 lefty and menace on the ice, could be a 3rd round choice but puck moving skills seem limited. To finish, one name I really like is Muggli I don t see much talk about him but he is a great LHD puck mover already playing pros in Switzerland.

Reactions: GrandmaCookie

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
That man is the definition of a cheerleader. He's in absolute awe with sparkling eyes when any prospect just act like a simple being by simply holding the elevator door for him, and then of course he's gonna rave about it on Twitter. Sorry but just not a fan, that man is there to make friend in the industry which is fair, but he's just not a good journalist.
And from simply acting like a decent human being he gets these kids to give real responses and share information they normally don’t do compared to the typical questions 95% of journalists ask.

• Love
Reactions: Andrei79

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Alright. Time to make some trades, Kenny! Wakey wakey. I am sure Bergy would like to trade again. He needs more 5ths.

Just wait for next year :laugh: that’ll be next level shit
This is clearly not what Bergevin meant when he said he'd "build through the draft" :D

I did alot of research on the top prospects and don't have much to offer for the later rounds but one name sticks out...Nathan Villeneuve, seems like a real good later round pick.
Rest of the picks should be all about sandpaper and truculence.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Would like to see us go big-body bottom 6 C in the later rounds. Defensive game, physicality, energy would all be great.

Maybe I'm too old school but we seems to have a lot of average height/size player in the bottom C department (Beck, Evans, Hage, Kapanen, Newhook to an extend).

A Nicolas Roy/less offensive Brock Nelson type of center. Or a Kevin Hayes type of bottom 6 W.

edit: just looking at stats and NHL central ranking prospect I like:

Keiron Walton (6'6 211 pounds C 43 points in 65 games in the OHL)
Adam Jecho (6'5 201 pounds RHC 47 points in 54 games in the OHL).

Dude Hage is 6’1 and 190 already.. he could potentially top out at 6’2 and 210lbs.

That’s a big center.

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
Our picks today, which of course could change:

70 & 78 (3rd), 102 (4th), 130 & 134 (5th), 166 (6th), 210 & 224 (7th)

1st round:
Ivan Demidov (W)
Michael Hage (C)

That's a lot of picks for a teams with already a ton of prospects and a ton of contracts.

They're probably looking to trade up or trade for 2025 picks. Otherwise they'll probably mostly go for Euros or NCAA bound players I guess.

NeptunesTrident

Feb 22, 2007
I’d like to see them make a move to draft Henry Mews. It might take him 3-4 years to make the team but it would be a good insurance policy. He needs to work on his defense but he would be a hell of a backup PP QB if Hutson went down.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Do you stand pat and wait until the third round to pick? Do you package one of your seconds next year and a third this year to try to buy into the round? Is there a player you'd target?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad