GDT: Free Agency Day 1: You're from Boston? Come on down

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I assume that shuts the door on POJ. He was probably looking at the $3.5mil range so it make sense to walk. Gryz on the third pairing for one year isn't the worst considering our LD depth.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
It’s not their roster… it’s that they’re actually going out and trading their vets for young players that they’re taking a chance on…meanwhile we just give lip service
Chychrun and PLD are not young players you’re taking a chance on, they are largely finished products who were drafted 8 years ago, and in PLDs case has one of the worst contracts in the league.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Grzelyck is basically just a more proven POJ. Not crazy about it but hard to get too huffy about a 1 year deal.

He's a guy that you hope has a rebound year then you can send him out for a 2nd or 3rd at the deadline.

This has Sullivan written all over it.

I wouldn't be shocked if it means Joseph is out.

POJ is a UFA right now.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
That's fine, but if you are looking for a top 6, you have to pay to play.

1hr and 5min now :).

I'm wasn't referring to what's happening in UFA only, just overall. Unless it really is thaaat tough out there to trade Smith.

True...but the bargain bin, you user for bottom 6. I really thought Dubas would be in on a top 6 winger. I mean there aren't even any rumors that we were in the mix.

I mean Chychrun for Jensen and a 3rd? We couldn't have given them that?
Only FA top six players I was interested in were Debrusk, Skinner and Stephenson, depending on the price. Laine/Pinto for trade.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I assume that shuts the door on POJ. He was probably looking at the $3.5mil range so it make sense to walk. Gryz on the third pairing for one year isn't the worst considering our LD depth.

Is POJ really looking for $3.5 million? Seems like a lot.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Chychrun and PLD are not young players you’re taking a chance on, they are largely finished products who were drafted 8 years ago, and in PLDs case has one of the worst contracts in the league.
Comparatively young compared to predominantly 30+ aged roster like ours

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
5'9" #5/#6

200.webp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad