GDT: Free Agency Day 1: You're from Boston? Come on down

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
PLD sucks shit. The Caps will probably be better than the Pens, but they're definitely nothing close to relevant. Would rather my team accept reality, even start to, like the Pens than do whatever the Caps are doing tbh.
I'm not so sure the Caps will be better tbh. They made the playoffs but were like minus 30 in goal differential. They got very lucky to get in for being such a bad team.

I like the moves they've made but like I said I still think they're polishing a turd lol. It'd still a turd roster at the end of the day.

Reactions: Malkinstheman

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox

JFC someone take the phone away from Francis

YARN | Holy underwear! | Blazing Saddles (1974) | Video gifs by quotes |  b9ec968f | 紗

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Until we start actually selling pieces - I think the flack continues.

What we're doing is a mystery. Honestly not sure two years of Hayes is worth a 2nd round pick - let alone all the other crap you have on the roster. Either start selling or GTFO tbh.

Honestly super mixed feelings on Sid extending here. Not sure why he'd remotely want to do that at this point. Sad, self-inflicted, Bostononian end to the era.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Also for all of the people basing the "Beauvillier to Pittsburgh" based on Friedman's educated guesses, multiple of Friedman's guesses have already turned out wrong. He had William Carrier to Dallas (signed in Carolina), DeBrusk to Seattle (signed with Vancouver), Martinook to Chicago (signed in Carolina), Montour to Utah (although he did mention Seattle and Montour signed in Seattle) and Walker to Florida (signed in Carolina).

He did end up getting quite a few right, but the "educated guesses" weren't factual statements of where these guys would sign.

Reactions: Sideline

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I'm not so sure the Caps will be better tbh. They made the playoffs but were like minus 30 in goal differential. They got very lucky to get in for being such a bad team.

I like the moves they've made but like I said I still think they're polishing a turd lol. It'd still a turd roster at the end of the day.
And the Pens were only in the running for a WC spot cuz Sid played at a level pretty much nobody but Gretzky's played at at his age. :laugh: I agree, both teams are jokes, but I do expect the Caps to finish slightly higher than the Pens. Which is fine, I hope this team bombs out hard so they can start collecting pieces to build around.

Goodleaf

Love a good stick.
Nov 15, 2010
Luckily you can fall back on the dictionary to help you out!

(fwiw I am not coming here to brag we are obviously not winning anything either)
I know, and I was only being a smartass with my comment to you.

asset.jpg

The 14th OV pick, sure. But do you think Jeff Petry and Mikael Granlund fall under this category in regards to acquiring the reigning Norris winner? I make that trade 100/100 times.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Until we start actually selling pieces - I think the flack continues.

What we're doing is a mystery. Honestly not sure two years of Hayes is worth a 2nd round pick - let alone all the other crap you have on the roster. Either start selling or GTFO tbh.

Honestly super mixed feelings on Sid extending here. Not sure why he'd remotely want to do that at this point. Sad, self-inflicted, Bostononian end to the era.

Smith is being sold to the Rangers right now according to Yohe.

Again, be patient.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
We better get something good back since it’s an intradivision team and he’s going to a contender lol
Who gives a shit? You care what the Rangers get out of Smith, a dude who's replaceable by a dweeb like DOC? :laugh:

Trade his ass for future considerations and lose the paper for all I care.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad