GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
If the idea though is to move up in the 10-15 to get Eiserman....seems to me we are aiming D at 5 'cause we know Lindstrom and Demidov will be gone.

How satisfied will you be with Buium-Eiserman?
Extremely. But I think one of Demidov or Lindstrom are there at 5.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
In fact, what I have a hard time getting, is how this fanbase can be so confident in this management when this is the situation we find ourselves after 3 full years of tanking.

It seems people have fallen in love with "trusting the process" so much that they have forgotten the goal of a rebuild is to actually get better at some point in time.

Not saying they should all be fired. But a sane level of skepticism might be needed here. Instead of parroting "Went Wughes" and "St-Louis the player whisperer" nonsense.

We're nowhere near what a fanbase would hope after three years of tanking.

It's only been 2 drafts, dude. 2022 & 2023.

The positiveness is mainly due to how our young players are doing particularly Suzuki, Slafkovsky & Guhle.

We haven't exited the rebuild yet.

Deebs

Life is an illusion
Feb 5, 2014

Lindstrom’s agency happily made his medical reports available to all 32 outfits, but if the words “size” and “speed” always get teams excited, putting “big man” and “back issue” together has a way of making them twitch. “I definitely got a lot of questions about it, but I don’t think it was a major concern,” says Lindstrom, not long after participating in the combine’s pull-up and bench press tests. “I’m healing up well, I’m on the ice three to four times a week, I work out in the gym about five to six times a week. It wasn’t too much of a concern.”

Reactions: Habs10Habs

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
There is two scenario possible :

Hope, fun, unanimous rally behind the player. Only happen with Demidov, maybe Lindstrom.

Death threat, bigotry, harassment, borderline civil war if anything other than those two.
I don’t think the latter is likely to happen. The field is too dispersed — you have Buium, you have Dickinson, you have Iginla, etc.

Last year the pressure was high to pick a forward, this year it is less forward heavy and if Demidov and Lindstrom are out the field he totally open.

The Habs won’t pick “wrong” that night. Sure the player might bust but it won’t happen that night.

Reactions: HabzSauce

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
We need Eiserchad. Anyone that talks about themselves in the third person is such a freak that there's no way he's not going to be good
Yup - the cherry on top would be if he possessed a Marty Feldman eye while doing so

1719498065302.gif

• Love
Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
What would make me the most happiest if Demidov is not on the board at 5?

1) Habs trade down with the Flames and add the Canucks pick.

2) Habs use the Jets 1st and Canucks 1st combined with another player to get the 10th pick from the Devils. Bet you the Devils still like Anderson and we can offer 50% retention.

Habs end up with the 9th and 10th picks. 2 players from this list:
* Lindstrom if he slips
* Iggy if the Flames don't take him but probably will
* Buium
* Parekh
* Catton
* Eiserman
* Sennecke
* Helenius
Almost impossible any of Lindstrom, Buium, Parekh slip to 9-10

Reactions: Tyson

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I don’t think the latter is likely to happen. The field is too dispersed — you have Buium, you have Dickinson, you have Iginla, etc.

Last year the pressure was high to pick a forward, this year it is less forward heavy and if Demidov and Lindstrom are out the field he totally open.

The Habs won’t pick “wrong” that night. Sure the player might bust but it won’t happen that night.
Yeah I agree.. people seem to think last year or even Slaf's year is the norm. It's not.

No one is going to have unanimous approval (outside of maybe Demidov) but the pick shouldn't be as polarizing as the last two years (unless we pick Eiserman at 5 or a random LHD that isn't ranked top 15).

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
It's only been 2 drafts, dude. 2022 & 2023.

The positiveness is mainly due to how our young players are doing particularly Suzuki, Slafkovsky & Guhle.

We haven't exited the rebuild yet.

The optimism on Slafkovsky is based on a great half season when most games didn't mean anything. Can we just wait a full year?

As far as Guhle is concerned, he's a guy who's playing a role way too big for his abilities, and who had a lot of trouble early last season before being put with Savard to stabilize his game. The very fact he's a reason why this fanbase is positive about where things are going is saying more about the quantity of kool-aid being drank by our fans than it says about Guhle's actual potential. This is a guy with very little offensive abilities who, frankly, is a good second pairing D but far from being a core player.

As for Suzuki, the only thing I'm seeing is that he's entering his prime with this team nowhere near competitive enough to make the most of it.

That's a lot of optimism based on, honestly, no tangible results or improvement.

I mean, the bar has been set so low that we're all, unanimously optimistic because our 1st overall pick had a 50 points sophomore season and that one of our young Ds don't look absolutely terrible?

Come on... This rebuild is not going anywhere so far. The only "core pieces" that were added by this management excluding the draft are, thus far, guys who have yet to get a 40 points season.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
No PPG player , No 1 D , No 1 G , but fans want us to exit the rebuild...nice
A lot of people completely understand where we are.
Not likely to regress or stay stagnant at this point.
Didn't necessarily maximize our original tank seasons.
Got 1OA spot on but certainly did not end up in a great position year 2 spin it any way you want.
I projected .500 hockey last season but that was with a healthy Dach.
I think we are a bottom of the bubble team this year providing not too many thing go off the rails.
We should be in shed mode because this team can be improved by subtraction in a number of areas.
That was always going to be Hughes' greatest challenge.
Do we have enough assets including Cap to start dumping some of those contracted players for next to nothing and find upgrades I think so.
I think we should try to bolster what we do have as much as possible all the while continuing to evaluate the growth potential of the talent on hand.

Reactions: Tyson

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Why not just draft an elite DMAN

People need to realize that every NHL GM will select an elite DMAN or center over an elite winger

If there's a year where elite Dmen are available, this is literally the one, you end up adding size to an undersized team and filling up an essential position with a potentially elite asset

Were lucky that we're stacked on D and can afford to go winger
Demidov is an number 1 winger and maybe as important as a number 1 center like Jagr, Patrick Kane, Kucherov.

Levvhunov is not a number 1 d on a great team.

Demidov any day of the week and Chicago will do it.

Demidov is an elite playmaker....and Bedard us an elite shooter.

The equation is simple.....

Celebrini = SJ 100%

Demidov = Chicago 100%.

Teams wants to move second to draft Demidov. Chicago says no....if their Guy would be a d that would accept to draft a bit later

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad