Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread III

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Assuming Swayman+Boqvist sign for a combined AAV of $8.5M (which might, in fact, be a low estimate) and that they only carry 2 goalies...

The Bruins will have ~$15.45M to sign a top-6 Center, a top-6 Right Winger, a bottom-pairing Left Defenseman, and to set aside some money for buffer against the cap...

That's pretty tight. I think some need to lower their expectations regarding the number of big contracts the Bruins can offer.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
The challenge with trading Frederic is the value of his contract this season. I think it’s fair to say he outperformed his contract this past season and likely will again this upcoming season.

If you move him, is his replacement going to provide more value at a lower dollar amount? It’s possible, but I’m not sure it’s a risk the Bruins would like to explore. Geekie is similar in this regard.

Now if you don’t feel you can sign him or you feel like he may want more than you’re willing to offer that’s a completely different scenario.

Personally I like the idea of two big wingers like Frederic and Geekie potentially being on either side of Poitras. Assuming that’s how it shakes out.

Frederic is gonna come closer to tripling his current salary than doubling it if he tries to chase every dollar in UFA.

Reactions: KOZ37

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
Zacha-Lindholm-Pastrnak
Marchand-Coyle-Toffoli
Frederic-Poitras-Geekie
Beecher-Kastelic-Brazeau

Lindholm-McAvoy
Zadorov-Carlo
Lohrei-Peeke

Only question now is who rides in the 1st duckboat down causeway next June.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Pretty obvious that price and term dictate everything. Donny don’t get sucked in to all the hype. I don’t mind overpaying for high end talent but not average to just above average players.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
How many extra goals do you get when you put an opposing forward through the glass?
Zadorov was called the best defensemen (for either team) in the Vancouver/Edmonton series. He prevented goals and he scored goals. 4 goals and 8 points in 13 games.

Plus, I think you're downplaying the physical part. Don't you think Bennett helped the Panthers by knocking Marchand out of the series for a couple games? The Bruins had several disappointing playoffs where our key guys got hurt. That stuff can change a series.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Decided to listen to 32 Thoughts to see how Friedman phrased the Zadorov thing, he was talking about the leafs and their interest in him and then specifically singled us out as their competition for him. I imagine that means they're pretty serious about going after him.
I definitely don't want to play against him.

First sign Sway then add Skinner
Yeah, Skinner could be a sneaky, cheap, bargain pickup.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Value guys, IMO.

Skinner…..obviously played against the B’s for years. Hasn’t sniffed the playoffs in his career. Just made a pile of money via his buyout. Might come here for less than market for a chance to win.

Vrana….reclamation project. Has Monty and fellow countrymen Pasta and Zacha for support. Listed as likely to make around 2m.

Kane….has made his money..who knows what he thinks about Boston, but he’d be a good fit for 2RW and a lot of PP minutes here.

They’re going to need a guy like the above to contend, IMO.

Swayman and Lindholm will take up at least 15 million between them.

If they’re truly in on Zadorov, that’s another 5-5.5.

After that, it will be very tight and might need a trade to bring anyone else notable in.

Last edited:

ylekot

Still evaluating..
Feb 2, 2010
Paxton Massachusetts
Zadorov was called the best defensemen (for either team) in the Vancouver/Edmonton series. He prevented goals and he scored goals. 4 goals and 8 points in 13 games.

Plus, I think you're downplaying the physical part. Don't you think Bennett helped the Panthers by knocking Marchand out of the series for a couple games? The Bruins had several disappointing playoffs where our key guys got hurt. That stuff can change a series.
They've needed a Zadorov for a few years. Would welcome this addition

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Which is more likely he scores 25 goals, or plays less than 25 games?

No idea where he is in his recovery.

That’s for the bruins brain trust to decide.

I will say I’d take a flyer on him for 2 million as a third priority signing, without hesitation, based on talent.

There aren’t a lot of guys at that price that have scored 25 goals in the NHL, are under 30 and can play in the top 6.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
I’m sorry Fenian. I usually like the same guys you do. But this time I don’t know who you’re talking about. Who is Sherwood?
Kiefer Sherwood, Nashville, had 10g 17a in 68 games, over 200 hits and one of the fastest skaters in the league according to EDGE stats on NHL.com
Give up some offense but on a line with Poitras ad Frederic I think his numbers would improve and Poitras would have a couple of physical guys on his line, one to open up space with his speed and one very good defensively who should score 20 goals next year.

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
Kiefer Sherwood, Nashville, had 10g 17a in 68 games, over 200 hits and one of the fastest skaters in the league according to EDGE stats on NHL.com
Give up some offense but on a line with Poitras ad Frederic I think his numbers would improve and Poitras would have a couple of physical guys on his line, one to open up space with his speed and one very good defensively who should score 20 goals next year.

Sherwood is someone I've wanted but the problem is we are loaded with bottom 6 guys as is . Not sure who he'd replace unless you move Geekie

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
In a hypothetical fantasy world where we assume the contract projections I've been looking at are close to accurate, while we also assume all of the following players want to sign in Boston...

--Which trio of players (with a combined AAV that nearly equals eachother) would you prefer?--

• Elias Lindholm
  • Nikita Zadorov
  • one of: Jakub Vrána/Anthony Beauvillier

• Steven Stamkos
  • Alex Wennberg
  • Brenden Dillon

• Nikita Zadorov
  • Alex Wennberg
  • Jason Zucker

• Steven Stamkos
  • Sean Monahan
  • one of: Marco Scandella/Joel Edmundson

• Elias Lindholm
  • one of: David Perron/Danton Heinen/Jeff Skinner
  • Brenden Dillon

• Sean Monahan
  • Nikita Zadorov
  • one of: Marco Scandella/Joel Edmundson

^ Each trio is projected to get a combined ~13.15M AAV.

Last edited:

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Lindholm 7.25
Zadarov 5.25
Skinner 5
Swayman 7.25

Frederic to Chicago for their 2025 #1 (they also own Toronto’s 1)

Skinner Lindholm Pasta
Marchand Zacha Poitras
Geekie Coyle Brazeau/Lysell
Boqvist Kastelic Beecher/Brazeau

Lindholm McAvou
Zadorov Carlo
Lohrei Peake

Swayman
Korpse

It fits, barely.

I think you’re low on Zadarov’s offer. And there’s no way Chicago is giving their first in 2025 for Frederic…. 0.0%

Reactions: KnightofBoston

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I think you’re low on Zadarov’s offer. And there’s no way Chicago is giving their first in 2025 for Frederic…. 0.0%

I think someone posted here that Zadarov was expected to get in the fives.

I think Frederic can bring back a 1….doesn't need to be Chicago.

It was more about moving out his salary this year and beyond and Chicago has two firsts next year, so I picked them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad