GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
You’d think the betting odds would be more relevant now with the draft being in Vegas. Bookies having a couple of drinks with scouts, getting valid info.
BetMGM has sport betting areas in all the MGM owned hotels...that's like half the strip. :laugh:

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Carolina is a real threat for Demidov. If they trade for #4, I believe he’s their obvious target.

Only positive thing about this scenario, is that leaves Lindstrom for us.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
The point I’m making is Bergevin entered negotiations with his heart and not his head. That’s not what a good GM does. Case in point, BriseBois and his team are still relevant even after 2 Cups. The Habs are nothing and have bloated contracts.
Bergevin mostly used his ego to negotiate and it rarely ended well. He overpaid guys he liked, list others, and got overruled at times. By the time he was overruled it was too late to get good deals.

Hughes may not be ad successful at negotiating from the GM perspective, but he won’t do worse than Bergevin.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
If Carolina is trying to trade up to 4, I hope we try to trade up to 3. We know Carolina's owner won't let them go defense, and we also know Anaheim is almost certainly going defense. We get 3, take Demidov, Carolina takes Lindstrom, Anaheim takes Buium/Silayev. Everyone (except Carolina) is happy.

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
If Carolina does indeed move up to 4, you know they’re taking Demidov. Such a Canes thing to do.

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
You’d think the betting odds would be more relevant now with the draft being in Vegas. Bookies having a couple of drinks with scouts, getting valid info.
The only reason why odds are shifting more now is because they are taking more money on the markets now since it's draft day. They do not have more information than we do and their odds are not linked to a feed to vegas like standard game lines are. I personally created, posted and traded draft props for Sports Interaction for multiple drafts. Don't make the mistake of thinking these tradors have more info than we do, the movement is all about incoming $, not additional information. The only time I got screwed over was when Dach at 3 leaked on twitter, I was 5 minutes late on taking it down and lost close to 50K on it.

Reactions: Rapala

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
I’m asking to learn people’s preferences. Hit the road pal.
Lol, that’s not at all what you’re doing. You’re extremely loud and opinionated on a player you haven’t watched. If you don’t want the pushback, tone it down this time.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
I wouldn't be so sure it's for Demidov.

Look at the Canes prospect pool and roster.

They have nothing after Aho. Kotkaniemi busted. Staal is falling off. Their prospect pool is mainly wingers.
Guess it depends on if they actually see Lindstrom as a center at the next level (can't say I do).

Or who knows, they could be one of the teams that has Helenius at 3

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I wouldn't be so sure it's for Demidov.

Look at the Canes prospect pool and roster.

They have nothing after Aho. Kotkaniemi busted. Staal is falling off. Their prospect pool is mainly wingers.
Also they’re rumored to be close to re-signing Guentzel… and they keep losing in the playoffs due to lack of G + lack of size in top-6

Lindstrom would potentially address those weaknesses without compromising their speed game

Reactions: dinodebino

McGees

Jun 15, 2016

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
On basu and godin's podcast they said they said management valued him being on the team so much they wouldn't trade him for a puck around #10. Not sure they do anything with him.
That's a shame. He's a fine player but his value is at an all-time high right now and we should be getting what we can out of him since he won't be around (or nearly as effective if he is) for our cup window.

I'd move him for the 10th easily, coming out of this draft with Demidov and even a guy like MBN would be massive for us. Plus with him out of the way we can start to really develop Guhle and Hutson into those LD spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad