GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
No hockey or draft talk?

We get to obsess over our new picks! Half the board is going to want him to play in the NHL next year, the other half will cry murder and say we're ruining another prospect.

Free agency's in a week!

Cmon man!
Yeah I guess. Is there any kind of hockey tournament we look forward to on the National scene?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Guys stop believing the journalists. They sell ads. Journalism has been dead for years it's now all in the hands of big corporations selling ads.

Top 5 overall picks are pretty much never traded. The reason is simple. Winning teams wont trade elite young players for a pick and they usually don't have a good enough prospects pool to acquire a top 5 pick.

Losing teams wont trade an already drafted and established prospect on his way to reach expectation for an equivalent pick. And guys like Necas do not land you a 4th overall Carolina would need to add like two 1st round picks along with him and that would not be wise for them to do so.

Every god damn year the media are like this top 5 pick will be traded bla bla bla and people buy it every god damn year and every god damn year nothing happen.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Guys stop believing the journalists. They sell ads. Journalism has been dead for years it's now all in the hands of big corporations selling ads.

Top 5 overall picks are pretty much never traded. The reason is simple. Winning teams wont trade elite young players for a pick and they usually don't have a good enough prospects pool to acquire a top 5 pick.

Losing teams wont trade an already drafted and established prospect on his way to reach expectation for an equivalent pick. And guys like Necas do not land you a 4th overall Carolina would need to add like two 1st round picks along with him and that would not be wise for them to do so.

Every god damn year the media are like this top 5 pick will be traded bla bla bla and people buy it every god damn year and every god damn year nothing happen.
I believe HF posters only

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
why would the habs be not interested in iggs. but then who knows
They clearly are I'm not reading anything into the no buzz about Iggy except Good Good!
I'm just wondering what would happen if they take him over Demi Dove will our fanbase shit all over him?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
The NCAA factor + the American factor really does bug me a lot but I figure it affects picks outside the top10 more than picks from inside the top10.
Yeah it’s not a concern for high picks. Everyone knows they will go for one more year and that’s usually it.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Hutson was in the NTDP in his D-1, then spent 2 years in college.

Impossible a top 5 pick D spends 3 years in college after being the top college D in his first year as D-1. Impossible.
Oh I get it, you mean Zeev is older in his draft year. He may burn the next year like Hutson, but we'd still have to accept another tank season without Guhle.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Anyone here give Tampa a 3rd round pick for Stamkos rights tonight? I mean we got a ton of draft picks....be an exciting moment at the draft.

Pierre LeBrun
@PierreVLeBrun
From Stamkos’ agent Don Meehan, who tells me regarding his client
“He will be a free agent on July 1.”
So would appear Stamkos is going to market Monday unless something changes in Tampa’s position. Will have more in a piece today in
@TheAthletic

Reactions: GrandmaCookie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad