GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
2-3 years max. he said (and im parapharasing loosely) he didnt want young players like Roy delaying their development because of longer term FA contracts are taking up spots on the 2ns line.

I said a few months back, I’d throw a 3-yr / $27M ($9M AAV) deal his way w $24M in bonus payouts.

As I said back then, the only remote hope of Stamkos accepting would need to start by being offended by TBay’s offer / negotiation process
Stamkos or P Kane for me

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I think we have a rabid fanbase (and I don't mean that in a bad way necessarily) and other fans/media take advantage of that to raise our hysteria.

Like the Michkov thing is another perfect example...never mind that 3 teams passed on him, they were justified NOT drafting the generational talent, same with the Coyotes, it's just the Habs that missed out on the generation's next big thing.

We're seeing that play out right now, and I ain't having it. Miss me with that.

I was so ashamed of being a Habs fan last year after the backlash Reinbacher got, I might to hide my allegiance this year if it happens again lol.
The world id full of idiots we could have said the same thing about the backlash because of the interim coach or the rioting following Bergevin's stupid dance after beating the Bruins. What the Habs need are staunch Fans who will stand up to that shit just like we need players who will stand up to the shit teams like to lay on us. Just my Take.

Reactions: 417

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
Lev makes a lot of sense for Chicago. RHD with his size/skating/skill profile are hard to find, he fills an organizational need for them, and the timing makes sense to draft a RHD now (moreso than next year) to fit with the Bedard window. They're gonna be bad again next year, and it seems there are going to be a lot of good forwards to choose from in the Top 10 (but perhaps 1 RH Dman?). It could be harder and more awkward for them to fill that RHD need next year.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Silyavev now above Sennecke. NGL this is scary...
Gun to my head I couldn’t choose between the two for the Habs but reluctantly I guess Sennecke seems to have better upside for us.

Silayev though… he’s a unicorn. As much of a unicorn as Slafkovsky.

Reactions: dcyhabs

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Van was ready to open the vault.

Again, think Molson would’ve been fine w letting Price go?
The point I’m making is Bergevin entered negotiations with his heart and not his head. That’s not what a good GM does. Case in point, BriseBois and his team are still relevant even after 2 Cups. The Habs are nothing and have bloated contracts.

Reactions: ReHabs

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
BriseBois is a great GM. He sees the writing on the wall with Stamkos and his diminishing game. That’s a big time name for that organization but he’s not caving for that factor. Unlike our previous GM crying when talking about f***ing Brendan Gallagher and signing a clearly finished product to a horrendous contract.
I'll wait to see what they do with Matheson...

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Lev makes a lot of sense for Chicago. RHD with his size/skating/skill profile are hard to find, he fills an organizational need for them, and the timing makes sense to draft a RHD now (moreso than next year) to fit with the Bedard window. They're gonna be bad again next year, and it seems there are going to be a lot of good forwards to choose from in the Top 10 (but perhaps 1 RH Dman?). It could be harder and more awkward for them to fill that RHD need next year.
It makes too much sense for CHI.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
You’d think the betting odds would be more relevant now with the draft being in Vegas. Bookies having a couple of drinks with scouts, getting valid info.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
The point I’m making is Bergevin entered negotiations with his heart and not his head. That’s not what a good GM does. Case in point, BriseBois and his team are still relevant even after 2 Cups. The Habs are nothing and have bloated contracts.
I disagree, Price was the Habs franchise player, best playoff sv pct from 2014-2021 - as he proved in 2017, 2020 and 2021 playoffs despite injuries

Would I have offered such a contract given knowns? No, but I’m not the owner of the billion $ business or the GM who’s job is on the line to get into the playoffs and generate revenue

Reactions: Habs10Habs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad