2024 NHL Draft: WE DID IT, CELEBRINI IS OURS!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
Eiserman historically has been awfully impressive throughout the ranks. I wonder if he isn't Musty-ing a lil bit from coming back to the USHL for a second year when the rest of his talent 'contemporaries' (Smith, Celebrini, Perreault etc) from the season prior all moved on.

Is a Brock Boeser regen with higher upside worth a top 3 pick?

Also 17 days away from sneaking into this draft class. He might be the youngest player selected.

StanleyCup2035

Oct 1, 2017
Eiserman historically has been awfully impressive throughout the ranks. I wonder if he isn't Musty-ing a lil bit from coming back to the USHL for a second year when the rest of his talent 'contemporaries' (Smith, Celebrini, Perreault etc) from the season prior all moved on.

Is a Brock Boeser regen with higher upside worth a top 3 pick?

Also 17 days away from sneaking into this draft class. He might be the youngest player selected.
I completely agree. With connection to Boston he's all but guaranteed to be our pick unless we get Celebrini #1 luck.

LilLeeroy

Dec 14, 2013
I completely agree. With connection to Boston he's all but guaranteed to be our pick unless we get Celebrini #1 luck.
I think the real debate is whether they will take Eiserman at #1 if they win the lottery rather than what they would do if they're picking 2-4.

Celebrini going to BU too is the only thing that gives him a fighting chance.

StanleyCup2035

Oct 1, 2017
In all reality, in a typical Sharks fashion, we will get a #2 pick in a draft with a clear cut #1...Then we'll spend the next 5 years complaining why Grier picked someone as #2 when a better player was chosen #3-#8. It's almost a certainty that a #2 pick will be upstaged by at least one if not more that are picked 3-8. Just math, since #2-#8 is so close this year.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
:laugh: all the hand-wringing about the Sharks doing maybe better or getting passed by Chicago and then suddenly our top to centers and only real threatening NHL players are week-to-week

Somewhere Grier is sitting by a fireplace, clutching a glass of bourbon and cackling like a bond villain. It's all falling into place.
The lesson was learned last year

Reactions: Friday

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
:laugh: all the hand-wringing about the Sharks doing maybe better or getting passed by Chicago and then suddenly our top to centers and only real threatening NHL players are week-to-week

Somewhere Grier is sitting by a fireplace, clutching a glass of bourbon and cackling like a bond villain. It's all falling into place.
He had us in the first half not gonna lie

Munnyro

Jul 15, 2013
Sacramento, CA
futurama-bender.gif

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
My buddy who played college puck (so i trust his talent evals) was at the Beanpot, drunk, and said that Celebrini was the best player on the ice by a mile......... and that he's better than Bedard. :naughty:
Bedard: "You think Celebr-whatever's better than me? Okay, fine. That's when it became personal for me."

llamanby

Mar 19, 2006
In all reality, in a typical Sharks fashion, we will get a #2 pick in a draft with a clear cut #1...Then we'll spend the next 5 years complaining why Grier picked someone as #2 when a better player was chosen #3-#8. It's almost a certainty that a #2 pick will be upstaged by at least one if not more that are picked 3-8. Just math, since #2-#8 is so close this year.
We are all thinking it, but why did you have to say it?!?!

NewMuzu24

May 28, 2018
I'm not good at trade values, but with the idea that TML are allegedly willing to trade their first, would the following be in the realm of interesting?

Ferraro
Kahkonen

for

TML 24 1st
TML 25 3rd
B prospect
Cap Dump expiring in 25 at the latest

We suck harder and get a pick in the late teens since they either won't make the playoffs or lose in the first round.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012

We are all thinking it, but why did you have to say it?!?!

• Haha
Reactions: StanleyCup2035

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
My buddy who played college puck (so i trust his talent evals) was at the Beanpot, drunk, and said that Celebrini was the best player on the ice by a mile......... and that he's better than Bedard. :naughty:
I wouldn’t say Celebrini is better than Bedard but I do believe that Celebrini will have a greater impact on his team winning than Bedard.

Celebrini is in the Crosby/Toews mold of a play driving 200ft 1C that will succeed in the playoffs and Bedard is similar to a Matthews or McDavid who can put the puck in the net but is not going to succeed in the playoffs.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
I wouldn’t say Celebrini is better than Bedard but I do believe that Celebrini will have a greater impact on his team winning than Bedard.

Celebrini is in the Crosby/Toews mold of a play driving 200ft 1C that will succeed in the playoffs and Bedard is similar to a Matthews or McDavid who can put the puck in the net but is not going to succeed in the playoffs.
Somehow I don't think the Oilers or Leafs have failed to win a Cup because of McDavid or Matthews.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Munnyro

Jul 15, 2013
Sacramento, CA
I'm not good at trade values, but with the idea that TML are allegedly willing to trade their first, would the following be in the realm of interesting?

Ferraro
Kahkonen

for

TML 24 1st
TML 25 3rd
B prospect
Cap Dump expiring in 25 at the latest

We suck harder and get a pick in the late teens since they either won't make the playoffs or lose in the first round.
Ferraro is worth that alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad