2024 NHL Draft: WE DID IT, CELEBRINI IS OURS!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Even though drafting BPA should always be the default it would be frustrating if we didn’t walk away with at least one D from the two 1st round picks.
It really depends on who is left. If Buium or Parekh is there and we pass for Iginla, that would be annoying, but I like Iginla more than Yakemchuk or A. Jiricek.

Tij isn’t his father, but he’s fun to watch, he’s young and constantly improving, and he’s got a heckuva shot. Tij is what I wish Halttunen was.

If we came out with Celebrini and Iginla, I would feel like our forward group is done, and we could just focus on the D.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
It really depends on who is left. If Buium or Parekh is there and we pass for Iginla, that would be annoying, but I like Iginla more than Yakemchuk or A. Jiricek.

Tij isn’t his father, but he’s fun to watch, he’s young and constantly improving, and he’s got a heckuva shot. Tij is what I wish Halttunen was.

If we came out with Celebrini and Iginla, I would feel like our forward group is done, and we could just focus on the D.
I have Yakemchuk and Jiricek slightly above Iginla but haven’t paid much attention to Iginla I’ll be honest. He was pretty low on my list because I thought he was only that high cause of his dad. Sounds like he’s coming around so I’ll have to add him to my watch list.

What do you think of Connelly at the Pens pick?

Reactions: Sandisfan

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
More gristle to chew on, Pronman's list came out this morning and has Silayev at 2, Yakemchuk at 3, Lindstrom at 4, and Levshunov at 5. In the Wheeler rankings thread the discussion was about how Pronman's descriptions are too basic and cliche but that his ranking is usually more accurate for how the NHL scouts are ranking the draft.

Scott Wheeler rankings thread in the Prospects forum is worth the read as well.

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
More gristle to chew on, Pronman's list came out this morning and has Silayev at 2, Yakemchuk at 3, Lindstrom at 4, and Levshunov at 5. In the Wheeler rankings thread the discussion was about how Pronman's descriptions are too basic and cliche but that his ranking is usually more accurate for how the NHL scouts are ranking the draft.

Scott Wheeler rankings thread in the Prospects forum is worth the read as well.
Very useful to read the glowing praises of Pronman on the top guys while the Sharks are in the midst of collecting too many damn points! I need something to help give me comfort while my worries about losing out on Celebrini grow. This helps.

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
Very useful to read the glowing praises of Pronman on the top guys while the Sharks are in the midst of collecting too many damn points! I need something to help give me comfort while my worries about losing out on Celebrini grow. This helps.
Yeah, just remember even if we somehow finish last we still only have a 25% chance of celebrini. But a 100% chance of 3rd or better. However unless we get our losing shit back together it's looking like pick 2-4 with a 13.5% chance of celebrini. Huge amount of this comes down to the remaining 8 point swing at play in the 2 Chicago games.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Yeah, just remember even if we somehow finish last we still only have a 25% chance of celebrini. But a 100% chance of 3rd or better. However unless we get our losing shit back together it's looking like pick 2-4 with a 13.5% chance of celebrini. Huge amount of this comes down to the remaining 8 point swing at play in the 2 Chicago games.

I worry that we are a far better team than Chicago when we’re healthy. Even when they have Bedard. The question I guess is who we get rid of at the deadline?

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I worry that we are a far better team than Chicago when we’re healthy. Even when they have Bedard. The question I guess is who we get rid of at the deadline?
The sharks are in fact a better team than Chicago when healthy and icing the correct lineup.

I don't think they will get significantly worse at the deadline either even if they move everyone they brought in to move this year.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
The sharks are in fact a better team than Chicago when healthy and icing the correct lineup.

I don't think they will get significantly worse at the deadline either even if they move everyone they brought in to move this year.
Idk replacing Kahkonen, Barabanov, Duclair and Hoffman with let's say Chrona, Lindblom, Gushchin and Sabourin is a significant downgrade.

Reactions: StanleyCup2035

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
Idk replacing Kahkonen, Barabanov, Duclair and Hoffman with let's say Chrona, Lindblom, Gushchin and Sabourin is a significant downgrade.
If we got rid of Kahkonen (** only one with real value imho), Barabanov, Duclair, and Hoffman at the deadline, I would be over the moon. I feel like the likelihood is that we trade one of those, best case two.

If we did amazingly trade all of them, it's really Kahkonen -> Blackwood, but Duke and Barabanov would definitely be replaced by worse players. Hoffman I'm not so sure.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I dont think moving Kahk will move the needle much, Hoffman has been trash all season and isnt really any better than someone that would eat into his minutes. Duclair hasnt been all that great but maybe. Barabonov is starting to look like he did last year and there really isnt anyone to slot into the top 6 for him besides maybe Gush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad