2024 NHL Draft: WE DID IT, CELEBRINI IS OURS!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I dont think moving Kahk will move the needle much, Hoffman has been trash all season and isnt really any better than someone that would eat into his minutes. Duclair hasnt been all that great but maybe. Barabonov is starting to look like he did last year and there really isnt anyone to slot into the top 6 for him besides maybe Gush.
The annoying thing about Hoffman and Duclair and Barabanov is that they're all almost good. Like Hoffman supports the offensive play positionally but his execution and decision making with the puck is so off the mark. Duclair can put up points but he's not really finding the time and space. Barabanov's been looking better since Couture came back but probably too little too late.

Reactions: landshark

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
I dont think moving Kahk will move the needle much, Hoffman has been trash all season and isnt really any better than someone that would eat into his minutes. Duclair hasnt been all that great but maybe. Barabonov is starting to look like he did last year and there really isnt anyone to slot into the top 6 for him besides maybe Gush.
Kahkonen has stolen quite a few games for us. Barracuda goalies are all pretty terrible so those are games we simply won't win if we trade KK. With the forwards it's not that any of them are great players but their potential replacements are so much worse and guys like Kunin and Zadina will get more minutes as a result.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Been doing a ton of watching this past month on the upcoming draft. I'll have a top 16 sometime this month, top 32 in March, top 64 in April/May and a top 100 before the draft in June.

If it makes anyone feel any better, as of now, I don't think there's a huge drop off from where a Devils #1 pick that makes the conference finals (#28-32) and a Devils pick that's middle of the 2nd (#46-50). Like it's a difference, but the draft to me doesn't seem that deep after around the top 25 or so. Yes there will be someone who slides to that 28-32 pick, but what are the odds we even pick that guy that all of us want if there even is one?

It to me goes

2-7 or so
8-15 or so
16-25
25+

but those are rough numbers. Either way, I think just rooting for the Devils and Pens to lose as much as possible makes the most sense. Pens are too good to be bottom 10 I think.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Selfishly in the 2nd or 3rd round I'd love D Colton Roberts so I can have a guy from my WHL team in my NHL system. It'd be nice to move past the non-legacy of Tyson Sexsmith in that regard. Plus a d-man in the system who can make a nice break out pass would be nice.

What about Evander Kane's Sharks legacy? :sarcasm: Or is this a draft-them-directly-to-the-Sharks-only kinda thing?

Also, TIL: Michael Buble is co-owner of the Vancouver Giants.

Reactions: Sandisfan

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
What about Evander Kane's Sharks legacy? :sarcasm: Or is this a draft-them-directly-to-the-Sharks-only kinda thing?

Also, TIL: Michael Buble is co-owner of the Vancouver Giants.

Drafted-to-the-Sharks only. Kane's connection was nice while it lasted but I'm mostly focusing this on prospects.

And the Giants' ownership legacy is kind of fun. Originally they were co-founded by Pat Quinn and Gordie Howe but those two divested at some point along the way and now they're owned by a guy whose holdings include a fairly popular Western Canadian restaurant chain (White Spot), Buble (and his dad), and one of those "Property Brothers" guys but I don't know which one because literally the only thing I know about them is that they exist and are from like Vancouver or whatever. Plus some miscellaneous minority owners who I think are just business guys or something.

The nice thing though is that you can tell that Buble loves the team and being involved. He shows up for at least a half-dozen games a year (just counting the ones where he comes out for pre-game stuff or appears on camera at some point. Usually the giveaway is that he and his kids ride the side-by-side that drives out onto the ice to fire the t-shirt gun at intermission), he has a suite for every game that is given to patients and staff at Vancouver Children's Hospital (which might be slightly less of a reward now that the team plays like 2 hours outside of Vancouver), he does a fair amount of social media stuff with the team, and the GM has talked about how when they draft kids he'll be involved in meetings/videoconferencing to talk to them about joining instead of potentially deciding to go the NCAA route. Plus he talks up the team in media appearances and whatnot. He was on a broadcast from a Seattle Kraken game about the NHL ASG and he did it wearing his Giants jersey.

He may only own a small fraction of the team and it's not like CHL teams are worth tens of millions of dollars or anything, but as far as celebrity owners are involved he seems to be one of the better ones. And he generally seems like a nice/fun guy.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Drafted-to-the-Sharks only. Kane's connection was nice while it lasted but I'm mostly focusing this on prospects.

And the Giants' ownership legacy is kind of fun. Originally they were co-founded by Pat Quinn and Gordie Howe but those two divested at some point along the way and now they're owned by a guy whose holdings include a fairly popular Western Canadian restaurant chain (White Spot), Buble (and his dad), and one of those "Property Brothers" guys but I don't know which one because literally the only thing I know about them is that they exist and are from like Vancouver or whatever. Plus some miscellaneous minority owners who I think are just business guys or something.

The nice thing though is that you can tell that Buble loves the team and being involved. He shows up for at least a half-dozen games a year (just counting the ones where he comes out for pre-game stuff or appears on camera at some point. Usually the giveaway is that he and his kids ride the side-by-side that drives out onto the ice to fire the t-shirt gun at intermission), he has a suite for every game that is given to patients and staff at Vancouver Children's Hospital (which might be slightly less of a reward now that the team plays like 2 hours outside of Vancouver), he does a fair amount of social media stuff with the team, and the GM has talked about how when they draft kids he'll be involved in meetings/videoconferencing to talk to them about joining instead of potentially deciding to go the NCAA route. Plus he talks up the team in media appearances and whatnot. He was on a broadcast from a Seattle Kraken game about the NHL ASG and he did it wearing his Giants jersey.

He may only own a small fraction of the team and it's not like CHL teams are worth tens of millions of dollars or anything, but as far as celebrity owners are involved he seems to be one of the better ones. And he generally seems like a nice/fun guy.
Neat! Pretty cool that Gordie Howe founded the team. It's nice that Buble seems pretty fun and down to earth.

Was Pat related to David? I get weird results from googs:
1707158920189.png

I don't think those are the droids I'm looking for. ^^

I can't seem to find a Michael Buble Money Phone pic anywhere on the internets.

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada

Yea but how do you feel about Buble's music (i need to know fir future sharks board memes). Let's say Pitbull is the reference at zero, where would Buble songs fall on scale of 0-10.

• Haha

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Neat! Pretty cool that Gordie Howe founded the team. It's nice that Buble seems pretty fun and down to earth.

Was Pat related to David? I get weird results from googs:
View attachment 814970
I don't think those are the droids I'm looking for. ^^

I can't seem to find a Michael Buble Money Phone pic anywhere on the internets.
Highly doubt they're related. David Quinn is from Rhode Island and Pat was playing in the minors nowhere near there at the time he was born.
Yea but how do you feel about Buble's music (i need to know fir future sharks board memes). Let's say Pitbull is the reference at zero, where would Buble songs fall on scale of 0-10.

Probably a 5, I guess? It's not my thing but I don't hate it enough to turn it off and he does have a nice voice and a couple of songs I kinda like.

StanleyCup2035

Oct 1, 2017
If we don't win #1 Celebrini lottery can we trade Sharks #3 or Sharks #2 pick + Will Smith for Celebrini? Will is a secondary star, after all...

mogambomoroo

Sponsor
Oct 12, 2020
Realistically we shouldn't expect to get Celebrini, so that we are more than happy if we somehow luck into him.
Getting Celebrini solves a lot of problems, but Sharks need to figure out a plan without Celebrini.
I'm actually really happy if we get couple of decent top 2-4 defencemen from this draft in the first round. That will help team dynamics for the future, It's all about having pieces in every category on the prospect pool, just think about having couple of really good defencemen added, things start to look a lot better.
If Sharks luck into picking two of Dickinson/Levshunov/Silavey/Buium/Parekh/Yakemchuk, I believe we have 1st pair/2nd pair ingredients there to cook. In a perfect world you could draft your 1st pair from those guys. Okay now I'm just daydreaming, but I feel like we are too focused on getting Celebrini, when there is finally some serious defence to be drafted.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
If anything I'd be more irrationally hopefully if the sharks end up with like 2nd or 3rd to last in the standings instead of last because I desperately want them to leapfrog other teams into #1 more than I want them to "earn" the #1 pick

• Haha
Reactions: landshark
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad