2024 NHL Draft: WE DID IT, CELEBRINI IS OURS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Smith and what else? The pens pick? The pens AND our pick?

I'm not sure. I would put a lot more faith in Celebrini being the guy for us but it's hard to give up the pick right after him. Probably Smith, the pens pick, and even one or two other prospects. Celebrini appears to be the truth.

I agree, nobody probably makes that trade though.
I'd trade anything and everything to get Celebrini. I don't have confidence in Smith to be a top end guy and I don't think the rebuild goes anywhere or even has a real direction until you get a guy to build around. Celebrini is that to me but Smith is not. I would trade our #1 at 3, Smith, and Pittsburgh's pick if it got it done. I don't think there's as much depth in this draft to worry about moving pieces if it secures a legitimate franchise prospect. But I also suspect most teams potentially winning that lottery understand that too and would have an even more outlandish ask.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Also leaning more and more to being 100% pro Levshunov at 2nd overall. F it, a potential top pair RD is a big time need that not every team gets the chance to have.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I'm not sold yet, but if that's the consensus at draft time, then I'll get on board.
Is there someone you are sold on at #2?

We're not getting Buium (unless we draft him with our own 1st)

Eiserman under Connolly and Yakemchuk seems crazy. I’m not huge on Eiserman but I think people are going a bit overboard dropping him like that.

LilLeeroy

Dec 14, 2013

Eiserman under Connolly and Yakemchuk seems crazy. I’m not huge on Eiserman but I think people are going a bit overboard dropping him like that.
Caufield stinking it up definitely isn't helping him, since he has been the "reasonable" projection most scouts have used for a while.

He's still only a couple of days away from being in the 2025 Draft instead of this one, definitely some additional upside from that.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

I do like both Connolly and Yakemchuk a lot but yes I agree. Do we know why Eiserman is dropping? Doesn’t seem like something with his play. Is it just a case of he can only prove so much at his current level? Or is it more of others guys are rising?

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I do like both Connolly and Yakemchuk a lot but yes I agree. Do we know why Eiserman is dropping? Doesn’t seem like something with his play. Is it just a case of he can only prove so much at his current level? Or is it more of others guys are rising?
Just as a general trend, I feel like once a guy has established elite production, he gets more nit-picking. But also, Eiserman hasn’t taken any steps from last year, which isn’t really a good sign. I’d take him around the 6-8 slot, but that list seems like he’s more like 10ish.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
One thing that gives me hope about our “easier” schedule is that I imagine we’re going to make some trades by the deadline if not earlier and then have rookies come up, much like last year. I expect us to end the season pretty poorly.

mogambomoroo

Sponsor
Oct 12, 2020
I feel like 2024 will be a draft that MG will trade up with that PIT 1st round pick and our high 2nd round pick to get a guy he likes in the scenario of said player starting to drop. Hopefully it's one of the defencemen, and other GM's miss out.

But in another scenario I have a feeling like it's going to be one of those draft year that one of the real gems will be drafted later than earlier, since it's so spread wide. So that PIT 1st round and our high 2nd round pick could come in use and you get multiple shots at drafting future contributers.

If Sharks don't get Celebrini or Lindstrom and draft #3 overall I hope they go all on defencemen with both of their 1st round picks. Since it's clear that's their biggest need and there seems to be a lot of them available.
It's important to draft them asap and develop them so they can start contributing once we are good again. I have a dream of Sharks drafting two of Levshunov, Buium, Parekh or Silayev in this case.
I feel like Levs/Buium and Parekh can be a possible scenario if Pittsburgh don't make the playoffs and are in that 11-15 area.

LilLeeroy

Dec 14, 2013
Demidov seriously heating up with 15 points in his last 7 games. Don't think there is any chance of the Sharks drafting him, but would be good if he solidifies himself as the #2 prospect in case the Sharks end up picking 3.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Demidov seriously heating up with 15 points in his last 7 games. Don't think there is any chance of the Sharks drafting him, but would be good if he solidifies himself as the #2 prospect in case the Sharks end up picking 3.
Never know, there were special reasons for not picking Michkov. So far there are none of those red flags with Demidov, other then being Russian.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011

He is my pick if we miss out on 1st OA.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
1705362113419.png

put me in coach. I promise I will try.

Status
Not open for further replies.