2024 NHL Draft: WE DID IT, CELEBRINI IS OURS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Watching Sam Dickinson again. He’s got the size and skating of a modern defenseman, he plays a real simple no-nonsense minute-munching two-way game, but it’s just so hard to get excited about him. I don’t see future #1D, I see a good “set-him-and-forget-him for ten years” #3D a la Justin Braun. I would dearly love to have a future Justin Braun in the Sharks org but spending a top-5 pick on him would sting. And yet I still can’t find anyone else other than Celebrini to get excited about. Demidov is torching the MHL, Eiserman is torching the USHL, nothing different from last year.

LilLeeroy

Dec 14, 2013
Watching Sam Dickinson again. He’s got the size and skating of a modern defenseman, he plays a real simple no-nonsense minute-munching two-way game, but it’s just so hard to get excited about him. I don’t see future #1D, I see a good “set-him-and-forget-him for ten years” #3D a la Justin Braun. I would dearly love to have a future Justin Braun in the Sharks org but spending a top-5 pick on him would sting. And yet I still can’t find anyone else other than Celebrini to get excited about. Demidov is torching the MHL, Eiserman is torching the USHL, nothing different from last year.
I feel like Eiserman's stock falling takes any drama out of the top 5 pick for the Sharks. If the win the lottery it is Celebrini, if they are picking 2 or 3 it is Eiserman.

Unless another Massachusetts born player's stock really starts to rise, but even then I think going to BU will give Eiserman the edge.

StanleyCup2035

Oct 1, 2017
Unless we finally win the draft lottery this is the only Stanley Cup we might be winning

1704561160149.png
1704561160149.png

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
Unless we finally win the draft lottery this is the only Stanley Cup we might be winning

View attachment 797300View attachment 797300
Great meme, unfortunately how I feel as well. We need a Celebrini / Hagens / whoever in 2026 becomes a clear 1C whether McKenna or otherwise. If we pick 3rd, it not only delays our rebuild (for a true contender) but it could solidify ANA or CHI's future potential as a true contender. Nothing is certain of course, but cap era history shows you need these elite anchor pieces to truly and consistently contend. Or get an amazing surprise from this year's "non celebrini" draft.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
I present to you: exhibit A for why we are likely picking fourth come June.

Especially combined with our league-easiest rest of season schedule and their top half hardest schedule. We win one game against the Hawks and we're probably never catching them in the tank.

View attachment 797994
Damn haha what did they do with Seth Jones, Taylor Hall, Tyler Johnson, Athanasiou, Beauvillier, and Foligno? They just poof'd

Great Makohead Shork

Apr 25, 2022
I present to you: exhibit A for why we are likely picking fourth come June.

Especially combined with our league-easiest rest of season schedule and their top half hardest schedule. We win one game against the Hawks and we're probably never catching them in the tank.

View attachment 797994
This feels gross to say but if we don't win the lottery it'd be in our best interest if Chicago did. With the new lotto rules (a team can only win twice in five years) it would take them out of the Hagens draft and the next few after. And with how terrible the Sens are, there's no way they forfeit this year's pick instead on next year's.

I can't see us being much better next year either, so if we do finish last our odds to win the lotto will be higher.

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
This feels gross to say but if we don't win the lottery it'd be in our best interest if Chicago did. With the new lotto rules (a team can only win twice in five years) it would take them out of the Hagens draft and the next few after. And with how terrible the Sens are, there's no way they forfeit this year's pick instead on next year's.

I can't see us being much better next year either, so if we do finish last our odds to win the lotto will be higher.
I'd argue it would be in our best interest for some off cycle team like the predators, or a tire fire like the senators or wild, to win it. Then (preds) they've gotta deal with trying to time Celebrini's RFA peak with spending hard to the cap, before making room for his new contract, all while juggling a host of 2nd liners and aging core pieces... or sens, they'll have a lot of pieces but a lot of history f***ing it all up. High degree of difficulty. Handing celebrini to the ducks, hawks, or buffalo is giving them a real chance at a future dynasty, so long as THEY don't f*** it up.

We don't really have a chance at a future dynasty UNLESS we get him, or failing that, are bad enough in 2025-26 to keep drafting high and get a different franchise cornerstone or 2-3 more very high level players. I still don't think it's good if the Hawks get him, plus, f*** the hawks.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

We won't but this only happens if the Sharks end up as the worst in the league. If Chicago ends up worst and wins the lottery, it doesn't count against them which would be the most likely scenario.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
The hawks roster makes no sense
That’s kind of what happens when your best forwards and your best D all get injured. Bedard, Hall, Athanasiou, Foligno, Johnson, Raddysh, Beauvillier all injured, obviously Perry who was having a great season cut and then Jones hurt. That would be like if Hertl, Couture, Eklund, Sturm, Granlund, Duclair, Hoffman all got injured and whoever you want to believe is our 1D.

Reactions: Sendhelplease

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Would anyone really be surprised if the Blackhawks went .500 or close to it with this lineup? Hockey is too random, the margin of error is too small and goaltending too unpredictable to confidently predict how a team will perform in a ~15 game sample size or however long Bedard will be out.

• Haha
Reactions: DG93 and Sandisfan

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
The one thing we have going for us, is we have between 1 and 5 games in hand over every team in the league basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad