2024 NHL Draft: WE DID IT, CELEBRINI IS OURS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I don’t think Buium is falling out of the top-10 at this point.
The one that has him ranked highest, who do you take out of the top 10 to place him into it?

Celebrini
Dickinson
Lindstrom
Helenius
Eiserman
Silayev
Demidov
Levshuvnov
Catton
Nygard

11th to 15th
Ritchie
Yakemchuck
Greentree
Connelly
iginla

And these rankings were done in December, so it is already taking into account his really good NCAA season.

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
The one that has him ranked highest, who do you take out of the top 10 to place him into it?

Celebrini
Dickinson
Lindstrom
Helenius
Eiserman
Silayev
Demidov
Levshuvnov
Catton
Nygard

11th to 15th
Ritchie
Yakemchuck
Greentree
Connelly
iginla

And these rankings were done in December, so it is already taking into account his really good NCAA season.
But not his WJC and he's been a steady riser all year. He could easily supplant silauev, demidov, levshunov, catton, nygard if he keeps it up. Even Dickinson is sometimes top 3 sometimes 10-15. There is a ton of parity after Celebrini.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

Celebrini
Dickinson
Lindstrom
Helenius
Eiserman
Silayev
Demidov
Levshuvnov
Catton
Nygard

11th to 15th
Ritchie
Yakemchuck
Greentree
Connelly
iginla

I like him as much as anyone else not named Macklin.

Brandsegg-Nygard is not a high-upside pick, Buium will go higher. Silayev is a huge question mark as well. I think Buium is in the Demidov/Eiserman/Lindstrom/Helenius/Levshunov/Dickinson/Catton tier, which I see as fairly interchangeable depending on your needs and preferences (as in i don’t see a clear BPA from that group).

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
Does anyone have a clear #2 guy in the draft?

Say we get the short end of the stick and aren't able to draft Macklin. Who would you take at #2 as it currently stands?
You already got two different answers... It really seems like we just need to see the year through. Eiserman is no longer a clear #2, Catton's name bounces around, there are like 5 D who could be "top 5"... Just too early.

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
No clear #2, but gun to my head, I’d pick Levshunov. I waffle constantly though.

He's so intriguing. Maybe not elite acceleration, but incredibly nifty with his edges, total workhorse and phenom in the offensive zone. Would love to see more of him.

So hard for me to arrange that next tier between him, Catton, Lindstrom and even Demidov/Eiserman.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
No clear #2, but gun to my head, I’d pick Levshunov. I waffle constantly though.
That’s who I’m hoping Anaheim comes away with(would be happy with Dickinson also)…. If on the odd chance we win the lottery, then I’d hope we could package zegras to get up to get Dickinson or levshunov.

Without looking at it from a bpa stand point, what is the sharks biggest org need?

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
That’s who I’m hoping Anaheim comes away with(would be happy with Dickinson also)…. If on the odd chance we win the lottery, then I’d hope we could package zegras to get up to get Dickinson or levshunov.

Without looking at it from a bpa stand point, what is the sharks biggest org need?
Top D prospect
Elite C (Celebrini)

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

Everything…

We need Celebrini more than anyone else and in the whole league. We also need Levshunov more than anyone else, and Demidov, and Lindstrom, and Dickinson.

Y’all don’t need shit. :laugh:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Everything…

We need Celebrini more than anyone else and in the whole league. We also need Levshunov more than anyone else, and Demidov, and Lindstrom, and Dickinson.

Y’all don’t need shit. :laugh:
Come on you know levshunov would be a great partner for Mintyukov

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Come on you know levshunov would be a great partner for Mintyukov
Aside from the fact that that’s not exactly true (both are total riverboat gamblers), you’ve had enough top-10 picks! Leave some for the rest of us! Isn’t five consecutive top-10 picks (including two top-3) enough? Win some hockey games, my friend!

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Aside from the fact that that’s not exactly true (both are total riverboat gamblers), you’ve had enough top-10 picks! Leave some for the rest of us! Isn’t five consecutive top-10 picks (including two top-3) enough? Win some hockey games, my friend!
Lol I want to win games but everyone wants to get injured when someone else returns.

Terry Lundy came back and carlsson is coming back soon, but now Zegras looks out for the season, and Mintyukov might be out for a bit

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Lol I want to win games but everyone wants to get injured when someone else returns.

Terry Lundy came back and carlsson is coming back soon, but now Zegras looks out for the season, and Mintyukov might be out for a bit
Yeah yeah, blame injuries. At some point, that gets real old. Is your training staff just exceptionally bad or something?

Clearly none of those guys like each other and prefer not to play each other. I’m sure if you traded us Carlsson, your bad injury juju would magically disappear…

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yeah yeah, blame injuries. At some point, that gets real old. Is your training staff just exceptionally bad or something?

Clearly none of those guys like each other and prefer not to play each other. I’m sure if you traded us Carlsson, your bad injury juju would magically disappear…
Idk what the deal is, but it’s incredibly frustrating.

I think the sharks will end up with celebrini…. Better you than Chicago. I’m also hoping the devils pick sticks around 12 for you, and you can get whichever top end dmen is there.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Idk what the deal is, but it’s incredibly frustrating.

I think the sharks will end up with celebrini…. Better you than Chicago. I’m also hoping the devils pick sticks around 12 for you, and you can get whichever top end dmen is there.
Not the devils pick, if the devils pick ends up being a 1st it can only be around the 26th or later.

It's the pens pick that we hope is around the 11th or 12th.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Not the devils pick, if the devils pick ends up being a 1st it can only be around the 26th or later.

It's the pens pick that we hope is around the 11th or 12th.
Oh! That’s right mixed em up…. That’s even better cause the penguins kinda screwed

How do the conditions work on the devil pick

Reactions: Sandisfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad