2024 NHL Draft: WE DID IT, CELEBRINI IS OURS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilLeeroy

Dec 14, 2013
What are the weaknesses for Lindstrom? He sounds like an intriguing option for the Sharks if we don't get the Celebrini pick.
With Lindstrom I feel like people overrate his strengths and make too big a deal out of his weaknesses. People act like he is Quinton Byfield when he doesn't have either the size or skating package that Byfield does.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
With Lindstrom I feel like people overrate his strengths and make too big a deal out of his weaknesses. People act like he is Quinton Byfield when he doesn't have either the size or skating package that Byfield does.
I’ve seen Lindstrom described as “what if Brady Tkachuk was a center” which would be a hell of a player.

mogambomoroo

Sponsor
Oct 12, 2020
It's too early, but one site had us taking #2 Lindstrom C and #13 pick Parekh RHD.
That would be my dream duo for now if we don't get Celebrini.

EDIT: Zeev Buium was available at that that #13 pick, so I think that would be also good.
Don't know a lot about him but the stats look awesome for a college defencemen draft eligible player.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Their underlying numbers are still decent. I just hope they miss the playoffs otherwise there’s the risk of Crosby powering them to the ECF.
Yup. On one hand, it’s tempting to fantasize about getting a lottery pick in 2025, but if the Penguins end up drafting top-10 I have to think Dubas will fire Sullivan at the end of the year. New GMs always have the “firing the coach” card to play when they have a disappointing season and I personally think Dubas is too savvy to let the Penguins give up a lottery pick. A new coach and a summer to rebuild the bottom-6 could squeak the Pens into the playoffs next season.

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
Just for s***s and giggles, here's THN Ferrari's rankings for 2024 draft class. Posting because THN and because the rankings are significantly different than others to date. Whether for real or for clicks, it's intriguing. We should all expect a ton more movement before June of course.

Notably:
- Catton 2nd
- Lindstrom 3rd
- Zeev Buium 4th
Then Demidov, Dickinson, Brandsegg-Nygard, THEN Eiserman, Jiricek, then Greentree (!), Misa, Iginla, Helenius, Artamanov, THEN Silayev, Basha... and THEN Levshunov at 20, Parekh 21. Yakemchuk all the way down at 27.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
That would be great except for the fact our defense would still look worse than a morning dump
We will most likely need to sign and trade for our defense. I’m all in on throwing a Godfather offer at Noah Hanifin this summer with all our cap space. Hopefully Quinn and Grier can leverage those Boston connections.

Reactions: Stewie Griffin

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
If we lose the top lottery spot and pick 2-4, I'm tempted to take Silayev/Levshunov/Dickinson (whoever is ranked highest come draft day) and hope we can build them into a top pairing guy.

Next year's draft is looking forward heavy again.

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
If we lose the top lottery spot and pick 2-4, I'm tempted to take Silayev/Levshunov/Dickinson (whoever is ranked highest come draft day) and hope we can build them into a top pairing guy.

It depends on where Lindstrom and Catton end up, how those three vs Zeev, Yakemchuk, et al finish, and where our PIT pick is, but generally this is the outcome I'm most likely to want as well come draft time.

If however all of the D prospects look similar, and there are 6-7 of them, and we're picking 2nd and 11th or 3rd and 12th or something, you might still go Lindstrom or Catton or (I wouldn't like it) Eiserman, and then whoever from the D pool is left at 11-12 or whatever.

If those three D (or one of them) has truly separated, and you pick them early, then the PIT pick will be around a bunch of forwards like Iginla, Brandsegg-Nygard, Greentree... Or another high potential D that falls, and we all of a sudden have two top end D prospects or one and another potential Musty level. We will still obviously need the true top end elite talent. My obvious preference (as of now) remains Celebrini with a lot of luck, and then whichever is the best D prospect remaining at Pit's pick.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007

I have no faith this team can develop a top pairing DMan because....well....they really havent

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I have no faith this team can develop a top pairing DMan because....well....they really havent
I have to be honest, I kinda have this same fear. Unlike top-end forwards, I do believe there is some degree of influence that the NHL team has in turning a promising defense prospect into a true #1D.

The best the Sharks have done is Vlasic and Braun fifteen years ago. One could argue that under the Sharks, Burns went from a solid #2 to a Norris winner, although I feel like Joe Thornton deserves most of the credit for that.

Can we credit David Quinn with the development of Adam Fox?

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
I have to be honest, I kinda have this same fear. Unlike top-end forwards, I do believe there is some degree of influence that the NHL team has in turning a promising defense prospect into a true #1D.

The best the Sharks have done is Vlasic and Braun fifteen years ago. One could argue that under the Sharks, Burns went from a solid #2 to a Norris winner, although I feel like Joe Thornton deserves most of the credit for that.

Can we credit David Quinn with the development of Adam Fox?
It's worth noting that just because the Wilson Sharks didn't do it, doesn't mean the Grier Sharks can't. We're a very different organization now - we just share a logo.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
It's worth noting that just because the Wilson Sharks didn't do it, doesn't mean the Grier Sharks can't. We're a very different organization now - we just share a logo.
Sure, you’re absolutely right, that’s why I said it was a concern, not a fact.

Not for nothing, though, there is a lot of personnel in the Grier-Sharks front office that are from the Wilson era, including Grier himself. I still think it’s a fair concern.

Reactions: StanleyCup2035

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
GMMG mentioned dedicating more resources specifically to player development when he was hired so I'm sure he's giving it a lot of his time and energy... Feel like this is where his impact will be monitored p closely and will kind of be his pride and joy

will bump this thread in 5 years and evaluate results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad