Prospect Info: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I'm still capable of physically throwing 6'0+ dudes out of a bar, so that's something haha
You look tall. Is it right?
52 is a good age, life is only starting. Working in bar, listening different stories, throwing dudes out of a bar. Sounds like a good soil for building stories.

May be this is a reason you are little bit but height guy. Underestimating the little ones.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
You look tall. Is it right?
52 is a good age, life is only starting. Working in bar, listening different stories, throwing dudes out of a bar. Sounds like a good soil for building stories.

May be this is a reason you are little bit but height guy. Underestimating the little ones.
I'm not tall haha. But I was never a skill guy in hockey or lacrosse. More of the smallest goon you've ever seen. My closest comparable would be "Theo Fleury in terms of size and physicality and time in the penalty box, but lacking any discernible talent."

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Oh thanks. I'm less impressed now

*Edit*

Damnit, I should have looked at some of his other replies. He said he had a first round grade and I hadn't heard of him. Think that would have given it away. I figured he was some random 4th round dude lol
Didn't the Kings once draft a kid out of Japan who did not actually exist? Help me out, @Guttersniped

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Yes. I pester my rep all the time to convince the team to do a Taro Tsujimoto bobblehead night promotion.

and they don't do it?! pftt...

remember the door is always open to come to our side. you're practically here already.

giphy.gif

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
The draft rankings video podcast I'm featured on is up. I warn you all it's really long haha.

I come on at about the 25 minute mark, if that helps shorten things. I think we start discussing the actual prospects is about the 46 minute mark, mostly because I'm bad at knowing when to shut up. If you want to know how weird I am, the 25-46 minute might be funny to watch.

I’ve made it through the first
The draft rankings video podcast I'm featured on is up. I warn you all it's really long haha.

I come on at about the 25 minute mark, if that helps shorten things. I think we start discussing the actual prospects is about the 46 minute mark, mostly because I'm bad at knowing when to shut up. If you want to know how weird I am, the 25-46 minute might be funny to watch.

ok I’ve gotten through the first ten players. And I’m impressed you speak as well as you write. Great descriptions and exposition. That said you and I both know you don’t compare Demidov to John Lennon if you aren’t looking at my avatar and signature all the time .

evnted

Apr 14, 2016
Elliott groenewold probably won't ever be an offensive producer, but is the defense and skating potentially good enough to be a legit top 4 defensive compliment to a true 1 or 3? Obviously we are talking about a longer development
apologies, i had intended to look into the prospect and reply to this sooner but forgot about it

my gut is no. lemme talk positives first. really nice fluidity to his movement, and while i don't know if he's outright fast, he has some good quick movements. something about his stride feels off (i think i feel like he should be generating more power in his stride than he is) but it's not really affecting him as far as i can tell. defensive fundamentals are very nice. great at being a pain to go against. physical, intense, active with his stick. really competitive about stepping up on guys. particularly good defending the rush with how he forces the opposition wide and then closes in on them. lots to like there

problem is, his puck management and control are both legitimately awful. ive seen sequences of him breaking up plays, getting the puck, and immediately turning it over 2-3-4 times in a row. uncanny ability for him to negate whatever positive play he made the instant he picks it up. some of it is definitely vision to me, but i dont think hes dumb per se. in fact, i like his instincts. when he makes split second decisions on when to step up, who to pursue, etc. i usually like his approach. its when he has time that i think he either overthinks it or tries too much. too many times ive seen him get cleanly stripped without the opposition even making that difficult of a play, he really has no sense of puck protection or anything

agree that the fluidity of his movement and strong defensive foundation make him an intriguing option, and in particular that he will be a long term project. for me to project a guy who could anchor an elite OFD, i need to see someone who wont be a liability on the puck in the way he is. they dont have to be good by any means, but i think a lot of the defensive value of the player is lost if you cant trust him to make a first pass (or even rush the puck up the ice without losing it). but i do think theres some value as a bottom pair option who could PK if quinnipiac really works out his puck issues

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
apologies, i had intended to look into the prospect and reply to this sooner but forgot about it

my gut is no. lemme talk positives first. really nice fluidity to his movement, and while i don't know if he's outright fast, he has some good quick movements. something about his stride feels off (i think i feel like he should be generating more power in his stride than he is) but it's not really affecting him as far as i can tell. defensive fundamentals are very nice. great at being a pain to go against. physical, intense, active with his stick. really competitive about stepping up on guys. particularly good defending the rush with how he forces the opposition wide and then closes in on them. lots to like there

problem is, his puck management and control are both legitimately awful. ive seen sequences of him breaking up plays, getting the puck, and immediately turning it over 2-3-4 times in a row. uncanny ability for him to negate whatever positive play he made the instant he picks it up. some of it is definitely vision to me, but i dont think hes dumb per se. in fact, i like his instincts. when he makes split second decisions on when to step up, who to pursue, etc. i usually like his approach. its when he has time that i think he either overthinks it or tries too much. too many times ive seen him get cleanly stripped without the opposition even making that difficult of a play, he really has no sense of puck protection or anything

agree that the fluidity of his movement and strong defensive foundation make him an intriguing option, and in particular that he will be a long term project. for me to project a guy who could anchor an elite OFD, i need to see someone who wont be a liability on the puck in the way he is. they dont have to be good by any means, but i think a lot of the defensive value of the player is lost if you cant trust him to make a first pass (or even rush the puck up the ice without losing it). but i do think theres some value as a bottom pair option who could PK if quinnipiac really works out his puck issues

I really appreciate you taking the time!

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I’ve made it through the first

ok I’ve gotten through the first ten players. And I’m impressed you speak as well as you write. Great descriptions and exposition. That said you and I both know you don’t compare Demidov to John Lennon if you aren’t looking at my avatar and signature all the time .
I was expecting a shy guy that's hard to hear and instead I listened to a guy that sounds like Elliotte Friedman breaking some news on the HNIC panel. I was also expecting very boring stats talk and instead got hit with Monet and John Lennon talk.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I was expecting a shy guy that's hard to hear and instead I listened to a guy that sounds like Elliotte Friedman breaking some news on the HNIC panel. I was also expecting very boring stats talk and instead got hit with Monet and John Lennon talk.
I'm actually the opposite of shy. I'm kind of a loudmouth haha.

longislanddevil

Jun 16, 2011
If Iginla falls to 10OA (hard to imagine that happening UNLESS Calgary drafts a D-man), I wonder what Fitz would do if staring down a situation that is Iginla vs Helenius vs MBN. The kid is a tremendous prospect but we aren’t talking about him as much as some other prospects. I would be thrilled to draft him and I think he’d work very well with Hughes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad