Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Pronman's gonna keep us hoping until the night before the draft when he ultimately changes his mock draft and has Demidov going to Chicago in a last minute dramatic twist.

Yeah I'm surprised he didn't flip it but assuming he was publishing this before the combine news yesterday.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Yeah I'm surprised he didn't flip it but assuming he was publishing this before the combine news yesterday.
I highly doubt the Blackhawks flipped their choice based on this meeting. They're doing their due dilligence to be able to make the best choice possible. By all accounts they were closely following Levshunov the whole season and i'm sure Levshunov made a great impression on them at the NHL combine and again yesterday at the Goldstar Combine.....I think it will come down to the wire.

Reactions: Rozz and Andrei79

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Are you purposefully ignoring all of the reports coming out that he's impressing NHL GMs? The buzz he's generating? How his dedication to learning English and already good English skills is taking away the worry of his commitment to coming to the NHL?

We all want to believe we are getting Demidov. I believed it before today but Chicago was debating and heavily considering him against Levshunov BEFORE he answered two of the 4 biggest questions about him. Pretty easy calculus to see him pulling ahead now that he did.

The reason they were even debating him at 2 is they already knew all of this. If he was small and they had doubts about him coming over, there would be no debate. We'll see on draft day.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Surin at 26 would be lovely. He’s got top-9 upside and is also a bit of a maniac. If he learns to pick his spots, he’ll be an extremely valuable player.

Yeah I love this player a lot - I took him for Calgary in our speed mock. He's unhinged and skilled, I love it and I bet the Habs brass does too.

Reactions: PavelBrendl

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
  1. Listening to Chris Peters: Demidov is insistent he will not sign an extension beyond next season. He's not doing the on ice piece due to an ankle injury but he's resuming duties in 2 weeks. Between 5'11-6'0 right now.

2. Still unclear if this is pushing his stock up or not, belief is he is going top 5

3. Difficult to get a read on who is really interested on Demidov

4. But has cooled some concerns about him.

5. Growing belief that Sennecke is a top 10 pick but push into that 6-7-8 range.

6. Coming out of the combine ,the Sennecke love was apparent more than going into it.

7. No hope that he will be there after 10 - Utah, Ottawa as destinations.

8. No one clear on what Anaheim is going to do at 3.

9. Named Yakemchuk, Silayev, Lindstrom, Demidov, Levshunov for Anaheim

10. Luchanko sneak into the 15-20 range.

11. Fewer than 22 teams will list Trevor Connelly on their draft board - still thinks he goes round 1. But he did himself no favors at the combine. Teams did their due diligence of course.

12. Doesn't believe anything at the combine materially changed how things will unfold at the top of the draft.
    the russian combine*

13. One concern even if he doesn't extend is that if SKA pushes him into the MHL next year, he won't be ready to go into the NHL right away, so how willing is he to go to the AHL or the junior and develop? Mentions Kravtsov as a horror story to what happens when you bounce around like that.

austin316

Oct 4, 2016
  1. Listening to Chris Peters: Demidov is insistent he will not sign an extension beyond next season. He's not doing the on ice piece due to an ankle injury but he's resuming duties in 2 weeks. Between 5'11-6'0 right now.

2. Still unclear if this is pushing his stock up or not, belief is he is going top 5

3. Difficult to get a read on who is really interested on Demidov

4. But has cooled some concerns about him.

5. Growing belief that Sennecke is a top 10 pick but push into that 6-7-8 range.

6. Coming out of the combine ,the Sennecke love was apparent more than going into it.

7. No hope that he will be there after 10 - Utah, Ottawa as destinations.

8. No one clear on what Anaheim is going to do at 3.

9. Named Yakemchuk, Silayev, Lindstrom, Demidov, Levshunov for Anaheim

10. Luchanko sneak into the 15-20 range.

11. Fewer than 22 teams will list Trevor Connelly on their draft board - still thinks he goes round 1. But he did himself no favors at the combine. Teams did their due diligence of course.

12. Doesn't believe anything at the combine materially changed how things will unfold at the top of the draft.
    the russian combine*

13. One concern even if he doesn't extend is that if SKA pushes him into the MHL next year, he won't be ready to go into the NHL right away, so how willing is he to go to the AHL or the junior and develop? Mentions Kravtsov as a horror story to what happens when you bounce around like that.

Pronman in his latest mock even has Sennecke being discussed at #3 overall to Anaheim if they trade Zegras with CBJ considering him as well (along with Lindstrom and Silayev). Sure appears like Sennecke is going top 7.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Pronman in his latest mock even has Sennecke being discussed at #3 overall to Anaheim if they trade Zegras with CBJ considering him as well (along with Lindstrom and Silayev). Sure appears like Sennecke is going top 7.
Fine. Lets Draft Ricky Senneky

1718803376520.png

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
One concern even if he doesn't extend is that if SKA pushes him into the MHL next year, he won't be ready to go into the NHL right away, so how willing is he to go to the AHL or the junior and develop? Mentions Kravtsov as a horror story to what happens when you bounce around like that.
Kravtsov did have a real hard time staying in NA for long, in large part because he didn't want to play in the AHL, even though Hartford isn't the worst place to be in the league by a long shot. It's an issue with most of the euro prospects, though, it's always hard to get the top Swedes and Finns to play in the AHL as well. Gordon is very familiar with the Kravtsov scenario, obviously.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Kravtsov did have a real hard time staying in NA for long, in large part because he didn't want to play in the AHL, even though Hartford isn't the worst place to be in the league by a long shot. It's an issue with most of the euro prospects, though, it's always hard to get the top Swedes and Finns to play in the AHL as well. Gordon is very familiar with the Kravtsov scenario, obviously.

Much less so for other Europeans IMO. Every so often you get a Puljujärvi who thinks he's too cool for school, but there's never been a Swedish Kovalchuk or Radulov.

That Nygren guy bolted from Hamilton, but I think he just didn't have the mindset (or the skill set for that matter).

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Much less so for other Europeans IMO. Every so often you get a Puljujärvi who thinks he's too cool for school, but there's never been a Swedish Kovalchuk or Radulov.

That Nygren guy bolted from Hamilton, but I think he just didn't have the mindset (or the skill set for that matter).

His car was broken into and witnessed a bunch of crime so he noped out.

I can see how that would be a culture shock if you;re coming from a low crime rate city in Europe to.... Hamilton...

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
One concern even if he doesn't extend is that if SKA pushes him into the MHL next year, he won't be ready to go into the NHL right away, so how willing is he to go to the AHL or the junior and develop? Mentions Kravtsov as a horror story to what happens when you bounce around like that.
I doubt it would be much of an issue for us for a couple reasons.

Most of the time when prospects don't want to come over to play in the AHL they are playing in their top euro league. So if it's something like AHL or MHL/VHL because SKA is doing their we screw with anyone who wants to leave thing and in that scenario AHL could still be more appealing.

I also question that he wouldn't be NHL ready. Like sure there will be a lot of things he'll have to learn about in terms of pro-hockey vs junior hockey, adjusting to the NA ice, the defensive responsibility that's required in the NHL etc.... but that's always going to be there when he makes the jump from Russia to NA. We also showed with Slaf that we can take a guy who still needs to learn that stuff and isn't the most NHL ready player and still integrate/develop them in the NHL. Might be a bit harder to accomodate because we would be looking to make the playoffs but still very doable. So sure he wouldn't be ready to be a productive top-6 player from day 1, but very few players ever are, most require some learning/development at the NHL level.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
From the hype we are hearing around Sennecke, he's got more helium than any forward not named Celebrini, Lindstrom or Demidov.. so perhaps if we get screwed by Demidov/Lindstrom going top 4, and presuming there's no way Levshunov falls further than Anaheim - Sennecke might be the guy.

I'm fine with that outcome, it's not the ideal scenario, but if Anaheim, Columbus are considering him and NHL teams don't think he's getting by Utah or Ottawa, there's a lot of belief in the player across the league and it's as enticing package as you can get.

A 6'3 player with room to fill out and loud tools? Cat nip.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
His car was broken into and witnessed a bunch of crime so he noped out.

I can see how that would be a culture shock if you;re coming from a low crime rate city in Europe to.... Hamilton...
Lived there for two years, had the car broken into 7 times and the house once, saw countless bodies, crackheads quite literally screaming and threatening bloody murder outside the house...yeah I'm with Nygren on this one

If Teddy Stiga is available at 57 then the NHL really is full of morons.
That was established last year when Perreault fell to the Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad