• Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Eiserman suddenly making it all the way back to the top 5 on Button's list while having not played a game in months is the perfect illustration of what a buddy of mine once told me '' I used to think you were pretty dumb, but I've met a lot of even dumber people since, so you've gone up the ladder without doing anything '' :laugh:

Last edited:

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Good god now Sennecke doesn’t play enough in trafic or isn’t using his body enough.

I’ve read it all.
no one is good enough for habs I guess lol
we need June 28 soon

Craig Button's final list. WOW.
Button is doing this because back in this day many overlooked Iggs , so he is a hero now.
can see it but who knows

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Iggy 3rd ov? Verbeek is plotting

1000005039.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: dinodebino

dauv

Sep 23, 2022
  1. Listening to Chris Peters: Demidov is insistent he will not sign an extension beyond next season. He's not doing the on ice piece due to an ankle injury but he's resuming duties in 2 weeks. Between 5'11-6'0 right now.

2. Still unclear if this is pushing his stock up or not, belief is he is going top 5

3. Difficult to get a read on who is really interested on Demidov

4. But has cooled some concerns about him.

5. Growing belief that Sennecke is a top 10 pick but push into that 6-7-8 range.

6. Coming out of the combine ,the Sennecke love was apparent more than going into it.

7. No hope that he will be there after 10 - Utah, Ottawa as destinations.

8. No one clear on what Anaheim is going to do at 3.

9. Named Yakemchuk, Silayev, Lindstrom, Demidov, Levshunov for Anaheim

10. Luchanko sneak into the 15-20 range.

11. Fewer than 22 teams will list Trevor Connelly on their draft board - still thinks he goes round 1. But he did himself no favors at the combine. Teams did their due diligence of course.

12. Doesn't believe anything at the combine materially changed how things will unfold at the top of the draft.
    the russian combine*

13. One concern even if he doesn't extend is that if SKA pushes him into the MHL next year, he won't be ready to go into the NHL right away, so how willing is he to go to the AHL or the junior and develop? Mentions Kravtsov as a horror story to what happens when you bounce around like that.
11. does anyone know what this is in reference to specifically - "but did himself no favors at the combine mean" for Connelly

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Today I am kind of hoping Levshunov is there for us. We need a RD of the future.

Guhle - Lev
Hutson - Rein
Xhekaj - Mailloux

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Craig Button's final list. WOW.

Craig putting all of the guys who are falling into the top of his draft is the funniest I've ever seen from him.

11. does anyone know what this is in reference to specifically - "but did himself no favors at the combine mean" for Connelly

Basically the teams checking out his character at the combine didn't find a remorseful kid that particularly led them to believe his behaviors have changed.

Reactions: jrom and Rozz

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I wouldn't be mad if they got Buium though. Kids legit. I'd be mad if Demidov was on the board though.

Sending Matheson away and trading Hutson could get us a top 6er to bolster the ranks though... But I really just wanna score goals man.

Reactions: Rozz and Jaynki

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Mentions Kravtsov as a horror story to what happens when you bounce around like that
Interesting. I do feel like Demidov is leaps and bounds ahead of where Kravtsov was at 18 so I'm not sure I get the comparison beyond where they were born and played before they were drafted. It's not ideal obviously to be a in a below average league in your D+1 but talent is talent, and Montreal at the very least, has shown an ability to help players through the growing pains when they were seen as being unready by most (Slaf). Idk not worried about it at all, hope some GM's/scouts are tho just not ours lol.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
People sleeping on Buium. He’s legit.
Won’t even be mad if we picked him despite our 17 NHL D logjam. (Demidov is gone no later than 4 imo)

No one is sleeping on him, he's getting overhyped because he was in a very productive environment in the NCAA, flashed at the WJCs and people watched him play a good game against Fowler.

The tool kit is not all that special and I have the same doubts on him as we have on Hutson, I'm not taking a 2 inch taller Hutson at 5.

Reactions: jrom and habsfan891

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Interesting. I do feel like Demidov is leaps and bounds ahead of where Kravtsov was at 18 so I'm not sure I get the comparison beyond where they were born and played before they were drafted. It's not ideal obviously to be a in a below average league in your D+1 but talent is talent, and Montreal at the very least, has shown an ability to help players through the growing pains when they were seen as being unready by most (Slaf). Idk not worried about it at all, hope some GM's/scouts are tho just not ours lol.

The context is that Kravtsov wasn't ready for the NHL after playing in the MHL/VHL/KHL and the bridge was to go to the AHL and he didn't like it there, so he went back, then came back to the NHL, and bounced around between leagues and didn't really have a stationary development path.

So teams are worried, OK he comes over after another year in the MHL-VHL-KHL and he's probably not NHL ready, so will he accept going to junior? Will he go to the AHL and like it? If he doesn't like it does he go back to the KHL for a few years? It's a horror story of a development path with too many zigs and zags. That's all he meant.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
No one is sleeping on him, he's getting overhyped because he was in a very productive environment in the NCAA, flashed at the WJCs and people watched him play a good game against Fowler.

The tool kit is not all that special and I have the same doubts on him as we have on Hutson, I'm not taking a 2 inch taller Hutson at 5.
We shall see in a couple years but I think he ends up 1st or 2nd best D from this draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad