Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
On other site, betting odds for 3rd overall are out
Silayev and Levshunov leading the way.

View attachment 883920
You mean Levchunov and Demidov are 1-2. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, using gambling odds as if they have more knowledge than we do is wrong. They'll post an initial list based on projection at that time and it will mostly move based on the action they take. They wanna balance out the market and make $ off the VIG. These markers are not on feeds like the north american big 4 are on, they're manually trader by the traders. Atleast that's how I did it for the KK draft.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Demidov would be the sexy pick (especially for the fanbase) but the RHD Levshunov would probably be the smarter pick. They'd then have their franchise center and their potential top pairing RHD in place, which are the 2 most difficult things to acquire in the NHL.
Honestly, they should pick Levshunov. Tank the next few years and get a chance at Gavin McKenna in 2026. Kyle Davidson knows what he wants, he was there for the runs with Toews-Kane, so if he doesn't see a true surefire winger to complement Bedard, he might go for someone like Duncan Keith or Seabrook type of player.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
I still think it goes:
1. Celebrini
2. Levshunov
3. WILD CARD
4. Demidov/Lindstrom/Sennecke
5. Whatever is leftover

Screenshot 2024-06-18 at 4.25.35 PM.png

Last edited:

austin316

Oct 4, 2016
I felt that way until today. Chicago will go Demidov.
I just have a hard time believing a professional organization is changing their draft plans because a player came in (maybe) 1 inch taller.

I imagine the teams already knew most of this information already anyways.

We just have to let the cards fall and see where we sit after the first 4 picks. If Demidov and Lindstrom are gone then we take the best defenseman or slide back a few spots and draft Sennecke. Still a win!

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
I'm sorry man but when you talk about Sennecke being all flash and dash, I can't help but question whether you watched him play in the 2nd half other than the highlights you mentioned. Not only does it go against the eye test but the people around the OHL were raving about the switch that went off in his game and how he played far more physical and was sacrificing his body. His team shot up the standings and then knocked off a couple of teams in the OHL largely because of his play. This went on for 5 months at the end of his draft cycle. This isn't someone who got hot for a couple of weeks.

Galchenyuk had a lot of non-hockey factors that led to his career going down the toilet. I don't know anything about Sennecke the person but if he has a good head on his shoulders and his willing to put in the work, someone may land a sexy gem with size in a draft that doesn't have a lot of forwards with top line upside.
And a word on Oshawa. They arrived for an OHL championship sniff a year early. Young team and they were not ‘loaded.”

They’ll have competition, but they were looking at next year possibly being their year.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Demidov would be the sexy pick (especially for the fanbase) but the RHD Levshunov would probably be the smarter pick. They'd then have their franchise center and their potential top pairing RHD in place, which are the 2 most difficult things to acquire in the NHL.
I'm not sure Davidson's that smart

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
You mean Levchunov and Demidov are 1-2. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, using gambling odds as if they have more knowledge than we do is wrong. They'll post an initial list based on projection at that time and it will mostly move based on the action they take. They wanna balance out the market and make $ off the VIG. These markers are not on feeds like the north american big 4 are on, they're manually trader by the traders. Atleast that's how I did it for the KK draft.
They are actually not 1-2 according to those odds.
Looks like they think Chicago is going Levshunov and Silayev going 3rd.

Off course, odds will change with the more info they get, but that what's betting sites are....ALL the infos you can get and interpret it mathematically, not with a confirmation bias approach which 99.9% of the Fans does, me included. They have mathematical info about people betting on their site too and sometimes, they have good info. They see the swings before we do.

There's a reason that right now there's nothing available for 4th overall pick but have the option for 5th overall.....once they have a more solid info, they will get it out.

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
They are actually not 1-2 according to those odds.
Looks like they think Chicago is going Levshunov and Silayev going 3rd.

Off course, odds will change with the more info they get, but that what's betting sites are....ALL the infos you can get and interpret it mathematically, not with a confirmation bias approach which 99.9% of the Fans does, me included. They have mathematical info about people betting on their site too and sometimes, they have good info. They see the swings before we do.

There's a reason that right now there's nothing available for 4th overall pick but have the option for 5th overall.....once they have a more solid info, they will get it out.
Oh ya was looking at odds for 2, my bad. I worked for a major gambling site (Sports Interaction) and built all the props markets for the KK draft. 100% of the info I used could be found here LOL, I'm not joking. Since the markets aren't on the feed, we were allowed to be way off what the consensus markets were or what other sites offer, our reputation wasn't at stake.

I'm telling you they don't see the swings earlier than what the public can see, they do constantly keep an eye on twitter and move their markets as quickly as possible. I remember when Dach at 3 leaked, we took it down 2 minutes late but took in the 5 digits, it was a rough one.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
I think the major reason Chicago goes D is that after Celebrini, the three Fs (Demidov, Lindstrom and Iggy) are pretty much equal to the six Ds in terms of expectations, and next year the draft shift to being forward-heavy. Chicago will be a bottom feeder again, and will be able to choose a top forward to play with Bedard. They will take Lev or Dickinson IMO.

D takes longer to develop too which should be a consideration when rebuilding

Reactions: Habs Icing

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
🤦‍♂️…okay.

Source/link? Because that’s not what I saw. I saw a player who maybe looked more engaged and motivated to make things happen more consistently (i.e., getting into traffic, getting to the dirty areas), mostly just with the puck on his stick though. His engagement and effort away from the puck was as inconsistent and fleeting as it’s always been.

I didn’t see him playing physical or using his body to gain advantage much at all. That’s not his game and he’s never played like that to any significant extent.
As I mentioned, I saw him in the CHL Prospects Game in Moncton where he showed off his magic touch with the puck (he also did well at the Combine in Moncton) and then followed him closely. I have the OHL pack and watched a lot of different teams broadcasts...many were raving about him plus my eyes observed a lot of his play. I was one of the first ones to be talking about him a lot in this thread. As far as sources go, I have the HP BlackBook open right now and there are NHL scout quotes and the analysis mentions that his production went up when his all-around game improved and talks about his improved physical play (they have him ranked #6). Like them or not, I know McCagg and Pronman also have been discussing this and even if you don't like their evaluation abilities, they both make a living parroting what NHL scouts are saying.

He isn't Lindstrom in terms of physicality but he is engaging physically which is why he succeeded in the playoffs. It's clear he's seeing the benefits as he figures out how to use his long frame for leverage and to protect the puck.

He's a good skater too for a lanky kid. Once he adds some weight to that tall frame, he's going to be more explosive. He's a kid who hasn't come close to plateauing yet relative to his peers like what often happens to some of the bigger names well before the NHL draft.

Last edited:

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
And a word on Oshawa. They arrived for an OHL championship sniff a year early. Young team and they were not ‘loaded.”

They’ll have competition, but they were looking at next year possibly being their year.
Yeah. This year's playoff success was certainly unexpected as was their surge up the standings after Sennecke heated up. He should have another long playoff run again next year and obviously be a key player.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Oh ya was looking at odds for 2, my bad. I worked for a major gambling site (Sports Interaction) and built all the props markets for the KK draft. 100% of the info I used could be found here LOL, I'm not joking. Since the markets aren't on the feed, we were allowed to be way off what the consensus markets were or what other sites offer, our reputation wasn't at stake.

I'm telling you they don't see the swings earlier than what the public can see, they do constantly keep an eye on twitter and move their markets as quickly as possible. I remember when Dach at 3 leaked, we took it down 2 minutes late but took in the 5 digits, it was a rough one.

I remember in 2022, this site went nuts when the odds switch in favor of Slafkovsky all day long......they must have know something before we did. And Reinbacher, which was by far not a favourite amongst fans and medias was the favourite the week before the draft (Tied with Leonard) on betting sites.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Why couldn't it turn out like that?
Celebrini
Demidov
Levshunov
Lindstrom?
Everyone assumes Chicago will pick Levshunov because they took him to dinner several times.

Also we're assuming Linstrom's injury is serious enough for the subject to be with him for several years.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Keith was a 2nd rounder, maybe they think they'll find one later again. :)
And maybe they think they can sign another Hossa level winger.

At the end of the day Chicago should expect to finish in the basement again, and there's always good forwards available, that's not really true for D, especially RD. Anything can happen but if I was Chicago I'd be salivating at the thought of adding one of the Ds.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Demidov to Chicago and Lindstrom to Columbus really is a nightmare scenario…but of course it’s a legitimate possibility.

I feel like Anaheim is going D regardless, but who knows.

I’d go Iginla or Buium in this case, but I have a feeling Sennecke is our guy in this hypothetical. Can’t see it being anyone else.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Demidov to Chicago and Lindstrom to Columbus really is a nightmare scenario…but of course it’s a legitimate possibility.

I feel like Anaheim is going D regardless, but who knows.

I’d go Iginla or Buium in this case, but I have a feeling Sennecke is our guy in this hypothetical. Can’t see it being anyone else.

Hopefully Sennecke but definitely Iginla ahead of Buium otherwise

Chicago holds the keys to our draft and the buzz on Demidov after one day when they were already debating Demi and Levshunov. You can put Demidov to 2 with a Bullet now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad