Votes: 76 18.0%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I'd happily grab Voronkov but he's not going anywhere (hopefully we start throwing darts at players like that in the later rounds instead of guys like Pitlick or Guindon)

Yes, he had a pretty good first season. He can play all 3 forward positions, I believe, but I'm not sure where he slots in for them (wing or center).

They also added Gavin Brindley who also projects as a winger. They have a lot of guys who fit into a middle 6 wing role. They need top line guys at forward, especially center. Fantilli is still young, but he definitely struggled with the defensive side of center.

Gaudreau can't carry the team by himself. There's a fit for a big center like Lindstrom, who brings a total game.

Reactions: jrom

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Man, I just tried listening to the Harpoon Bazoong and Godin podcast. I can't believe I made it through 15 min. of "I don't know, but it probably could be". All the while both these guys looking like they just woke up. I honestly think that reading you guys is a 100% more entertaining.

Anardil

Nov 25, 2012
West of Chalet BBQ
If a player is on a good team, you can adjust their point totals downwards, all the way to 0. Only point totals on the worst team count. But in that case is the guy an individual player? Why's he getting so many points on a garbage team? The only conclusion can be that we shouldn't draft players who get points.

It appears that the Habs have been following that philosophy for 30+ years...

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
I probably wouldn't be mad at taking Sennecke @ 5 but I'd be somewhat disappointed since I'd prefer Iginla over him if Demidov and Lindstrom both go top 4. Give me the bloodline kid over the tall lanky late riser kid this time around but I do think that Sennecke will be the Habs pick @ 5 this year if both Demidov and Lindstrom go top 4 but we'll see since lots can happen depending on who goes top 4 in this seemingly unpredictible draft.
I think Sennecke-Suzuki would end like Barkov-Huberdeau. Although I think Sennecke will be even better the Huberdeau.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
The Andreas Dackell era didn't have Price, Subban, Max, Markov and a 3rd overall to kick start a rebuild. Our incompetent GM did.

Day one: Hires Michel Therrien.

Thank God the new regime seems to know what it's doing. So far so good. At a minimum we've picked a direction.
the fact that Gorton/Hughes were the first to do proper analytics in Montreal is a crime. How can one of the oldest, richest teams not be doing best practice in their ops? We've had endless dinosaurs and old boys clubs, and this is the first time the management seems truly modern and forward-thinking

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Some of you need therapy from how bad Bergevin hurt you
I started going 6 months after he left, thought I would bounce back to my old self but stayed down. The therapist told me that thinking about him running coffee for the boys in LA might make me happy for a while, it would wear off. It did so now I wore a rubber band around my wrist and snapped myself every time I had a nasty thought about the man. Three wrist infections later I realized I needed more, so I drown my sorrows in chocolate milk with cream soda chasers. Hard on the guts but keeps my mind off of him....

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
The Andreas Dackell era didn't have Price, Subban, Max, Markov and a 3rd overall to kick start a rebuild. Our incompetent GM did.

Day one: Hires Michel Therrien.

Thank God the new regime seems to know what it's doing. So far so good. At a minimum we've picked a direction.
There were darker days before Berg.

MT... well obviously Price was a factor, but he won a lot of games.

He sold high on Subban, acquired a cornerstone player in #14, and made the right pick at #3..at the time.

He shafted Markov.

They call him BargainBin for a reason... never wanted to pay full for Price.

He had his faults forsure, but I'll take him over Pierre Gauthier everyday of the week.

Last edited:
Reactions: Locks

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Demidov, Lindstrom, Catton, Sennecke, Iginla…

Just give me a forward. Do think Lindstrom is by far the biggest risk of that group though.

8u6wdn.jpg

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
No.

I don't think you realize how good Barkov is.

This guy has to be the most underrated player in the NHL since Pavel Datsyuk.

There's a reason why Huberdeau struggles so much in Calgary.
Funny because if you replace Barkocs with Suzuki I'd completely agree. Nick is an amazing player that is mostly dragged down by terrible team around him.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Man it's going to be hard to pass on Dickinson if he makes it to us. Wouldn't be surprised if he became a Dobson-like player in the NHL. Also he's got that Slaf gigachad vibe to him.

Reactions: ElQuebecois

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
There were darker days before Berg.

MT... well obviously Price was a factor, but he won a lot of games.

He sold high on Subban, acquired a cornerstone player in #14, and made the right pick at #3..at the time.

He shafted Markov.

They call him BargainBin for a reason... never wanted to pay full for Price.

He had his faults forsure, but I'll take him over Pierre Gauthier everyday of the week.
The man should have been arrested after the 2015 deadline. Has the league’s MVP in net, 1st in goals against in the entire league, 18th in goals for. Who does he acquire up front? Devante Smith-Pelly, Brian Flynn and Torrey Mitchell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad